PuLSE SA Keyset (TIPPED! - JOIN US!)

MiTo

08 Sep 2014, 22:03

NEWS BELOW:

Goup Buy is LIVE!
http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/pulse-keyset/

Hello dt.

I'm Lyqu1d from /r/MK and after 25 days of development, our keyset is going live at PMK. We did an incredible job with the profile choice and it's going to be great, the contrast between the BBQ and the Black tones is amazing. I severely recommend you to join our group buy as early as you can because even though the keyset received massive support from other communities like GeekHack and /r/MK - we achieved 195 votes on PMK, as fast as we tip more people will join the Group Buy and that means savings to everybody. I'd like to give a special thanks to some users:

jdcarpe, Data, LechnerDE, feizor, JinDesu, spamray, Bianco, GSimon, Elrick, taylordcraig, LS89, justnits, DanielT, HoffmanMyster, pasph, xSpartanCx, Heliosphere, Hucifer, Dvoryke, nathanrosspowell, 01111000, Matt3o, numiru and many many others that inspired, helped and motivated me in the creation of this keyset since day one with inputs and feedbacks. You guys are absolutely amazing and if this thing becomes reality it's because of you and our fellas at /r/MK and GH. You rock.

PRICES BELOW:

PRICES BREAKDOWN:

Base Set
50 sets $69 per set
75 sets $65 per set
100 sets $63 per set
150 sets $61 per set
200 sets $60 per set
250 sets $59 per set

Novelties
25 sets $35 per set
50 sets $22 per set
75 sets $18 per set
100 sets $16 per set
150 sets $14 per set
200 sets $13 per set
250 sets $12 per set

F-Row Stripe
10 sets $10 per set
15 sets $9 per set
25 sets $8 per set
50 sets $6 per set

60% Stripe
10 sets $16 per set
15 sets $14 per set
25 sets $12 per set
50 sets $10 per set
100 sets $9 per set

Numpack
10 sets $29 per set
25 sets $19 per set
50 sets $16 per set
75 sets $14 per set
150 sets $13 per set

ISO Pack
10 sets $14 per set
25 sets $9 per set
50 sets $7 per set
150 sets $6 per set

Tsangan
10 sets $24 per set
15 sets $18 per set
25 sets $14 per set
50 sets $11 per set
75 sets $10 per set
100 sets $9 per set
200 sets $8 per set

Halfadox
10 sets $22 per set
15 sets $17 per set
25 sets $13 per set
50 sets $10 per set
75 sets $9 per set
100 sets $8 per set

Spacebars
10 pcs $6.55 each
15 pcs $4.75 each
25 pcs $3.31 each
50 pcs $2.23 each
75 pcs $1.87 each
100 pcs $1.69 each
150 pcs $1.51 each
200 pcs $1.42 each
250 pcs $1.37 each

Blanks
1 Space - Flat rate of $0.45 each
1.5 Space - Flat rate of $1.05 each
2 Space - Flat rate of $1.75 each

KEYSET PRESENTATION BELOW!

Base Set - SHIFT KEYS ARE ROW 3

F-Row Stripe

Novelties

60% Stripe

ISO Pack

Numpack

Tsangan

Halfadox

Blanks

PuLSE Keyset Overview w/ Novelties and F-Row Stripe

Profile Overview

Shocking.

Let's do this?!

MiTo, aka Lyqu1d @ /r/MK
Last edited by MiTo on 13 Sep 2014, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.

Elrick

10 Sep 2014, 11:34

I am into these. Only because they're SA and that's all the requirement needed to spend BIG on these babies.

Thanks for running this Group Buy MiTo :).

MiTo

10 Sep 2014, 16:15

Elrick wrote: I am into these. Only because they're SA and that's all the requirement needed to spend BIG on these babies.

Thanks for running this Group Buy MiTo :).
Anytime Elrick!

As I already mentioned, I hope me and SP exceed all of your expectations. I guarantee you it'll look and feel very good.

Thanks for your massive support!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

10 Sep 2014, 21:40

That was pretty quick! Thanks for your dedication in getting this going, it really looks great.
And I can see it's paying off already - only 16 more kits to tip the base keyset at this stage is very impressive.

Did I see that the black is NN? If so it could be blended with the Round 5 black keys (also NN) to some interesting effects.

One observation, if the \| key in the ISO pack is intended for UK layout, it would normally be on row 4 (based on the alphas). Or am I missing something?

MiTo

11 Sep 2014, 00:57

facetsesame wrote: That was pretty quick! Thanks for your dedication in getting this going, it really looks great.
And I can see it's paying off already - only 16 more kits to tip the base keyset at this stage is very impressive.

Did I see that the black is NN? If so it could be blended with the Round 5 black keys (also NN) to some interesting effects.

One observation, if the \| key in the ISO pack is intended for UK layout, it would normally be on row 4 (based on the alphas). Or am I missing something?
You're correct! The \| key and the tiny Shift key are both on Row 4.

That picture is outdated.

EDIT: Requested an update regarding that picture with Melissa. Should be fine in a few minutes! And thank you very much for your support, together we can do this!

MiTo

11 Sep 2014, 01:35

Facet,

The tiny shift key is only available on Row 3. We can't do it on semi-matte top and sides at the moment.

The regular ISO tiny shift on Row 4 will be sold in the future GB, together with the regular ANSI shift keys!

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

11 Sep 2014, 07:46

Hi MiTo, thanks for getting back to me :)

Yeah, SP/PMK don't have the mold yet for the row 4 1.25 unit shift. It's really cool that those are going to be made in future.

What I meant was just the 1 unit \| key only - this should be available for production now, even though the tiny shift isn't.

If you had the /| in row 4 this time, it would match the rest of the alpha keys. And you wouldn't need to run the \| key again with the shifts, because it would already be for the correct row.

Maybe this change would raise the cost of the ISO pack, but based on UK layout I think this would make more sense and people would be happier with it.

My thoughts are all based on UK layout, where the |\ key will sit on row 4 between the tiny shift and Z. If you wanted this for a different layout, my thoughts on putting it on row 4 might be wrong.

So in summary, I'm suggesting you consider changing the |\ key to row 4, but the tiny shift is fine for now :)

What do you think?

MiTo

11 Sep 2014, 18:42

facetsesame wrote: Hi MiTo, thanks for getting back to me :)

Yeah, SP/PMK don't have the mold yet for the row 4 1.25 unit shift. It's really cool that those are going to be made in future.

What I meant was just the 1 unit \| key only - this should be available for production now, even though the tiny shift isn't.

If you had the /| in row 4 this time, it would match the rest of the alpha keys. And you wouldn't need to run the \| key again with the shifts, because it would already be for the correct row.

Maybe this change would raise the cost of the ISO pack, but based on UK layout I think this would make more sense and people would be happier with it.

My thoughts are all based on UK layout, where the |\ key will sit on row 4 between the tiny shift and Z. If you wanted this for a different layout, my thoughts on putting it on row 4 might be wrong.

So in summary, I'm suggesting you consider changing the |\ key to row 4, but the tiny shift is fine for now :)

What do you think?
Don't worry Facet, the backslash is already on Row 4 - as you suggested!

Check it out: http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deals/pulse-sa-iso-pack/

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

11 Sep 2014, 21:25

Ahh, it's right there in your edit! I guess I shouldn't try to post before I've properly woken up in the morning :D

Well, this looks perfect! I might need to hold off for a little while (thanks for running this over the end of the month!), but I will make sure I order at least enough for a UK 105 board if I possibly can. Thanks again!

MiTo

11 Sep 2014, 23:18

facetsesame wrote: Ahh, it's right there in your edit! I guess I shouldn't try to post before I've properly woken up in the morning :D

Well, this looks perfect! I might need to hold off for a little while (thanks for running this over the end of the month!), but I will make sure I order at least enough for a UK 105 board if I possibly can. Thanks again!
We've got time, don't worry! Thanks for the support facet.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

19 Sep 2014, 22:19

I gave in and placed an order!

The buy's doing very respectably, with 17 days still to go the base set's cleared the first price reduction at 82 sets, and nearly all the child deals have tipped except the colepak needing only 4 more and the halfadox needing just 1 more (who's got half a dox?). The inclusion of a deep dish cap kit (missing from the base set) has proved a very quick success!

Come to think of it, I need a tsangan kit for the stepped caps lock.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

19 Dec 2014, 19:01

Third hand info from MiTo, and the first pics!
PuLSE NEWS:
Keyset manufacturing is completed "collating and shipping" starts today according to Signature Plastics. Here you can see the first pictures of the keyset, on first hand, fresh out of the oven. Row 4 Shift Keys still don't have an ETA and I will request Signature Plastics to do everything without me when their tooling is ready.

The BBQ looks promising! I forgot to order that tsangan kit though! :oops:

Muirium
µ

19 Dec 2014, 19:04

So this is What's Holding Up Round 5 Today? The fun game anyone can play!

Nice looking caps, in any case. But I'm so spent out now it's time to break out the Christmas ramen…

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

19 Dec 2014, 19:13

This hasn't been available to buy for a while, but unfortunately it seems MiTo's had enough and isn't coming back soon.

So the status seems to be "[Collating and Shipping In Progress]" right now.

In any case, you couldn't have my set for any amount of ramen! I'll just post this again:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

19 Dec 2014, 19:41

The Pulse set turned out really nice, MiTO did a nice job to bad for all the GH drama :( He had other interesting projects...
I was very close to buying one but SA is not my type of profile and I also have more caps than boards :P

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

26 Dec 2014, 14:47

Had another shipping notification from SP on 24th, I think this one is for PuLSE :o

Some user pics have been published! Third hand again from Syndrone on reddit via Heliosphere on GH:
DanielT wrote: I also have more caps than boards :P
Hehe, I have enough caps in pending group buy deliveries to cover my MX boards, er, a little more than once over... Do I get more boards or sell more caps :?:

Or do you mean this sort of logic:
101 caps > 1 keyboard
Caps wins!
:lol:

SL89

28 Dec 2014, 01:28

i missed the MiTo drama, can i get the tl;dr version?

spopepro

29 Dec 2014, 06:50

SL89 wrote: i missed the MiTo drama, can i get the tl;dr version?
A couple people, especially bunnylake (which is a recurring theme, it seems...) rode him pretty hard more or less for being new, made it somewhat uncomfortable. The tipping point was MiTo putting in an endorsement for what turned out to be counterfeit clacks, which made it really uncomfortable.

I like this set, but I do kind of wish that BBQ was not the color--I has just a touch too much green for what I would have picked. It's good anyway.

But, wow, those SA text legends... Ugh.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

29 Dec 2014, 10:48

SL89 wrote: i missed the MiTo drama, can i get the tl;dr version?
As spopepro said, it started as an argument between MiTo and BunnyLake and it ended in a war, Bunny made a threat to ban anyone who supported MiTo from the CtrlAlt GB's and sales, it was ugly. MiTo started to mock Bunny and all ended bad. It was typical for the internet era :( I felt sorry for both of them. I don't think MiTo is a bad guy neither is Bunny, but you have to huge egos colliding and that leads to nothing good.
It's a shame, because MiTo had some really nice ideas, but this experience made him loose interest in the keyboard stuff for good.
Both should have shake hands and make up, but that's life.

The set looks really good and I love how the novelty key came out, the SA legends are well known, MiTo had the intention to redo those too, and make Cherry legends also for the SA profile, that that proved to be a huge venture so it never happened. I think Cherry legends would look really good on SA profile, but it requires a lot of money for the tooling. For DCS profile there was a big action on GH in order to raise the funds for the tooling.

Madhias
BS TORPE

29 Dec 2014, 14:25

I read about the MiTo drama too. He supported fake Clacks, several people said that is not nice, and he got mad and used very, very bad language, and in the end he throw in the towel and retired from GeekHack.

Muirium
µ

29 Dec 2014, 14:28

Well, he did say right in his OP here that he's from Reddit, so par for the course…

Doubleshot SA's font matches the profile's style very nicely, being old-school 70s/80s caps through and through. Besides of course for SHIF T. Doubleshot tooling costs are a serious barrier to doing much else. Where my hopes lie for better fonts are in dyesub SA. Granite pioneered that on DSA, and did so magnificently. Let's see what Matt can do next time!

Madhias
BS TORPE

29 Dec 2014, 15:19

The SA font is very nice, and i ... can't ... wait ... for ... the ... ROUND 5 CAPS!

spopepro

31 Dec 2014, 21:06

madhias wrote: The SA font is very nice, and i ... can't ... wait ... for ... the ... ROUND 5 CAPS!
Oh, for sure, the engraving is very nice. I'm eye rolling the leading and kerning...

But maybe, maybe, someday that will be fixed.

Return to “Group buys”