05 Feb 2014, 01:16

Not me.

mtl

05 Feb 2014, 01:52

Wow. That is expensive.

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Feb 2014, 02:01

Funny how this one with the blue keys has been a phantom on clickykeyboard's site for many years, never seen again, until recently when two pop up. Expect more to come. With this kind of price some American or Chinese dudes will check their containers with recycling crap extra special tripple thoroughly.

snoopy

30 Dec 2014, 00:27

did anybody keep track how many industrial ssks appeared this year? (ebay, dt, gh, reddit, taobao...)

any estimations how many overall are currently known of?

elecplus

30 Dec 2014, 00:54

Guys, I found 2 of them, wiped down of major grunge, not taken apart to be cleaned, with cable, decidedly used, some scuffs, wear, etc. My recycle guy says all keys are present, but he has NOT tested these. He is too proud of them, in my book. He says they have blue caps on some keys. I can get pics.

I would have to charge $450 each for them, and I doubt they are worth it. This is going to be a hard year to find decently priced boards!

snoopy

30 Dec 2014, 01:15

you got pm :)

photekq
Cherry Picker

30 Dec 2014, 01:17

elecplus wrote: Guys, I found 2 of them, wiped down of major grunge, not taken apart to be cleaned, with cable, decidedly used, some scuffs, wear, etc. My recycle guy says all keys are present, but he has NOT tested these. He is too proud of them, in my book. He says they have blue caps on some keys. I can get pics.

I would have to charge $450 each for them, and I doubt they are worth it. This is going to be a hard year to find decently priced boards!
I would love to get one. I'd need to see pics first though! :)

elecplus

30 Dec 2014, 02:50

OK, no more PM please. If they are real, these 2 are now claimed.

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2014, 02:57

So, people are still crazy for those industrial greys…

Daniel Beardsmore

30 Dec 2014, 03:01

$450 …?

*twitch*

Muirium
µ

30 Dec 2014, 03:02

I know, crazy right? You could get a nice Clack with that. Well… most of a nice one. On a good day.

Daniel Beardsmore

30 Dec 2014, 03:13

Too bad that, as part of this Emperor's New Clothes scheme, I can't part with a Fujitsu Peerless for $450. It might even be tested — I think it worked after I stripped and cleaned it, but it needs some lube, and the baling wire space bar spring needs relocating. My (L00K RARE!) SMK tactile would set you back even more if it wasn't missing a keycap and the switch I took out.

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Dec 2014, 03:17

Yes but is it an Industrial Peerless?

elecplus

30 Dec 2014, 04:03

Well, u guys know I am not greedy on the prices. If his price to me were not so high....
Anyways, I have to get pics, including the label on the back.
Tomorrow is the 30th, and a lot of companies here will be closed until the 5th of Jan.

photekq
Cherry Picker

30 Dec 2014, 04:07

elecplus wrote: Well, u guys know I am not greedy on the prices. If his price to me were not so high....
Tomorrow is the 30th, and a lot of companies here will be closed until the 5th of Jan.
Looking forward to seeing them :)

$450 is not a bad price, considering how much they've sold for before [of course, this depends on condition].

Daniel Beardsmore

30 Dec 2014, 14:18

webwit wrote: Yes but is it an Industrial Peerless?
With careful application of dye, it can be …

Madhias
BS TORPE

30 Dec 2014, 14:36

snoopy wrote: did anybody keep track how many industrial ssks appeared this year? (ebay, dt, gh, reddit, taobao...)
elecplus wrote: Guys, I found 2 of them, wiped down of major grunge, not taken apart to be cleaned, with cable, decidedly used, some scuffs, wear, etc.
That timing! You must have an ability to look into the future, snoopy :shock:

guilleguillaume

01 Jan 2015, 06:59

Muirium wrote: I know, crazy right? You could get a nice Clack with that. Well… most of a nice one. On a good day.
You must be kidding. It's been a long time since I entered GH but that's more crazy than it used to be :lol:

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2015, 12:34

I'm kidding. But I would be zero surprised if the right Clacks routinely go for high three figures. As long as there's new demand, it is inevitable.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Jan 2015, 13:00

Industrials...clacks...kishys all out of my range. Good thing there's so much more other stuff out there.

Muirium
µ

01 Jan 2015, 13:12

I have a Clack and a Kishy. The Clack's a DTA. The Kishy was from Tinnie's great 2013 haul, and didn't cost more than an SSK! So, there's hope.

It'll take Cindy and a lot of luck for me to ever get an industrial, I think. I'm too stingy to pay top dollar for a different colour! And one full size Model M is more than enough for me. Gotta be an SSK I can use…

photekq
Cherry Picker

11 Jan 2015, 01:22

elecplus wrote: Well, u guys know I am not greedy on the prices. If his price to me were not so high....
Did you ever hear back from the sellers? :)

tiebadashen

11 Jan 2015, 05:26

:shock: so nice

elecplus

12 Jan 2015, 21:35

Well, I finally got the pics, including the label on the back. These are not industrials, they are justVERY dirty regular keyboards, not even SSKs! Some people think they have what they don't!

photekq
Cherry Picker

12 Jan 2015, 21:41

elecplus wrote: Well, I finally got the pics, including the label on the back. These are not industrials, they are justVERY dirty regular keyboards, not even SSKs! Some people think they have what they don't!
Hahahah.. Oh well!

scottc

12 Jan 2015, 22:10

Hahahah! Well I suppose they would be dark grey, so they weren't lying...

Hypersphere

12 Jan 2015, 23:46

Let's start a new fad for something we don't really want. Maybe this will help the pricing on stuff we actually crave.

snoopy

13 Jan 2015, 14:21

this thread is like a rollercoaster... :?
snoopy wrote: did anybody keep track how many industrial ssks appeared this year? (ebay, dt, gh, reddit, taobao...)

any estimations how many overall are currently known of?
does anybody know something about my initial question? any estimations?

Ellipse

14 Jan 2015, 17:18

I sold 2 on eBay last year and someone else sold one for 1125 in Feb. 2014. None sold or were available anywhere else online from what I have seen, besides my current one. Since no industrial ssk ID is above a few thousand I assume that many were made if no IDs were skipped. These keyboards were used in industrial or factory based systems and almost all were probably destroyed as factory systems and their applications were upgraded. The application for my factory customized industrial SSKs probably had zero usefulness once systems were replaced so people didn't hold onto these systems or try to sell them to others, as the market is very small for an obsolete computer system that was designed to run one application only. For that reason I don't think many recyclers picked these big systems apart for the 1990s computer parts inside. That is why the survival percentage is probably so low. For the most part the non industrial keyboards were more likely to be saved and a much higher percentage survive since they were not built in to a specific factory machine.

Return to “Gallery”