Where to buy cases in red, or brown, or white (TKL Cherry MX

Lunatique

19 Jan 2015, 05:37

I just bought a Retro keycap set, and right now the only option for a barebone keyboard I know is the one from WASD, but it only comes in black. I think the Retro set looks a bit better with either a red, brown, or white case, but have no idea where to find those. I checked ebay, goggle shopping, and amazon, but found none. Massdrop sometimes have them but they take forever. Any suggestions?

Lunatique

19 Jan 2015, 08:12

I found some at mechanicalkeyboards.com, but they are really expensive:
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/ind ... _list&c=44

Lunatique

19 Jan 2015, 08:45

If I were to buy an aluminum case, I would then need to buy the internal parts. I know the switches can be purchased pretty easily, but what about the other internal parts? Where would I buy them?

tlt

19 Jan 2015, 08:59

I have been looking for nice TKL cases but it seems like there is not much out there that's easy to get hold of. GON (Gonskeyboardsworks.com) has nice stuff but that's the only thing I have found that I like.

Zaakessiron

21 Jan 2015, 14:05

If its just the coulor you want, why not get a CM storm TKL Rapid board or any other board really (as long as you are prepaired to void the warranty) and then just spraypaint the top cover with Plastidip paint?

Lunatique

21 Jan 2015, 20:35

That's what leaning towards currently. I'll likely do a dark burgundy color--it'll match the retro set really well, I think.

Return to “Keyboards”