small issue

ajx

25 Mar 2012, 08:49

hey i had a small issue about typing on mechanical keyboard
at very few rare moments while i am typing and pressing one key, it keeps repeating key incessantly until i find the guilty pressed key
e.g: i am typing a then suddenly, it presses "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......"
what s wrong with my keyboard?
#keyboard: mk 85 with red cherry

cactux

25 Mar 2012, 09:33

[Account and posts deleted on request]

nullpunkt

25 Mar 2012, 10:17

i am having the same issue with my mx red poker. not only for one key but for any of the wasd keys. very annoying when playing quake... i was suspecting the controller as the cause. if it's the switches, would it be easy to switch them with say the 7, 8, 9, 0 key-switches?

ajx

25 Mar 2012, 13:23

well, this is freaking annoying. sometimes it could fuck up all i wrote
may the lightness of red switch get trouble?

nullpunkt

25 Mar 2012, 13:57

this issue seems to be fixed for me by switching from ps/2 to usb. i just played a ctf match with no single 'sticky key'. but i need a few more games to be sure...hfgl

2nd game without problems. are ps/2 issues a known poker thing? i'm sure it's not my ps/2 port or computer because i used a different ps/2 keyboard on that port with no issues before. will play more...

Gilgam

25 Mar 2012, 14:57

ajx wrote:well, this is freaking annoying. sometimes it could fuck up all i wrote
No but you can swap top case and spring with another switch to try.
there must be some mechanical problem in the switch.

JBert

25 Mar 2012, 22:16

Gilgam wrote:
ajx wrote:well, this is freaking annoying. sometimes it could fuck up all i wrote
If it happens when a combination of keys is pressed, it's likely the controller.

It's only when you can press a certain key a number of times and it just starts repeating that you might think about checking the switch. Otherwise you might destroy a perfectly fine switch for nothing.

ajx

26 Mar 2012, 11:47

nullpunkt wrote:this issue seems to be fixed for me by switching from ps/2 to usb. i just played a ctf match with no single 'sticky key'. but i need a few more games to be sure...hfgl

2nd game without problems. are ps/2 issues a known poker thing? i'm sure it's not my ps/2 port or computer because i used a different ps/2 keyboard on that port with no issues before. will play more...
never seen that while i am playing
and my kb is full usb :x

ajx

26 Mar 2012, 11:49

JBert wrote:
Gilgam wrote:
If it happens when a combination of keys is pressed, it's likely the controller.

It's only when you can press a certain key a number of times and it just starts repeating that you might think about checking the switch. Otherwise you might destroy a perfectly fine switch for nothing.
if the controller causes this trouble, what can i do?
my keyboard comes from qpad, mk 85

Gilgam

29 Mar 2012, 17:45

client support ?

ripster

29 Mar 2012, 18:11

Go USB. None of those pesky make and break scancodes.

Anyway, you got more than 6 fingers on your nonmousing hand?

Oh wait, it's ONLY USB? Sounds like the NKRO implementation is causing problems.

Joachim2k

13 May 2012, 09:38

I have the same issue with my Qpad mk-85 Red Cherry.
I contacted the seller company and got an replacement but the issue was on the new one also.
Anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
When i press backspace it goes in a loop and stops when i press it again or press another button
also with other keys like F, I etc
EDIT: I have the usb version(i dont know if there is another version)

ripster

13 May 2012, 17:02

Sorry, I was thinking of the older one.

I suspect their trick of acting as multiple keyboards is messing something up.

Every time a keyboard manufacturer tries USB NKRO SOMETHING gets messed up. Except the Microsoft Sidewinder x4 .

Soarer

13 May 2012, 17:46

Most of the NKRO USB implementations are fine on Windows.

ripster

13 May 2012, 19:02

Except Qpad/qtronix/Xarmor/iOne it seems.

They suck in general though.

Soarer

13 May 2012, 19:12

Reference or it's just FUD.

ripster

13 May 2012, 21:07

FUD you.

links are on my PC

Soarer

14 May 2012, 01:09

Links to more FUD don't count, BTW.

ripster

14 May 2012, 07:45

Jskar

25 Jan 2015, 16:24

Sorry for digging up old threads but I don't seem to find any other threads about the same problem.

Also have a qpad mk-85 with the same annoying problem. None of my other keybaords have the same disfunction.

Findecanor

25 Jan 2015, 18:21

Get a new one on warranty if you can. Otherwise, it is likely to be cause by a faulty switch in case you could replace it with a new one.

Mal-2

26 Jan 2015, 01:44

ripster wrote: Go USB. None of those pesky make and break scancodes.

Anyway, you got more than 6 fingers on your nonmousing hand?

Oh wait, it's ONLY USB? Sounds like the NKRO implementation is causing problems.
I have the opposite problem. I only get stuck keys when using a USB keyboard. It never happens with a PS/2 keyboard, and it happens with multiple PS/2 keyboards. It only happens in games, particularly (but not exclusively) Minecraft, which is acknowledged to have a bug where it doesn't always "hear" about the release of a key. Yet it never bites me when using a PS/2 keyboard.

Return to “Keyboards”