Acer 6083 - Alps common mount low profile

Nuum

11 Jan 2015, 14:06

Hi,

here are some pictures of my Acer 6083 with Alps common mount low profile switches. I believe that this keyboard belongs to the Acer 6010 series, the 83 in the name indicates the number of keys this keyboard has, as does the 11 in the Acer 6011 and the 12 in the Acer 6012 (101 keys/102keys). This is the German ISO version of this keyboard, there could exist a ANSI version by the name of Acer 6082.

You can find more photos and info on the wiki page I just created.
If you find any errors on this page, please report them here or change it yourself!

Greetings,

Nuum

Muirium
µ

11 Jan 2015, 18:35

Looks a pretty sweet wee board. And in great shape, too. That µ though!

Is caps lock latching by any weird chance?

Hypersphere

11 Jan 2015, 19:48

Nice find. Is there a straightforward and definitive way to determine if keycap legends are dye-sublimated?

I'm intrigued by the various solutions to layouts on boards in the twilight zone between 60% and TKL. If I could have found one of these layouts that I really liked, I might have gone for it, but I tend instead to jump back and forth between 60% and TKL.

One thing I like about the intermediate keyboard layouts is that they shorten one or both of the shift keys, which is always a plus in my book unless they get shortened to only 1.00x.

andrewjoy

11 Jan 2015, 19:59

i need something small like that for my new lackrack but i want something interesting not just a modern cherry 60% :) i also have a cool orange FN key for alps :)

Nuum

11 Jan 2015, 20:44

It's a neat little board, but I don't use it, so it's already sold, unfortunately. The Caps Lock is not latching.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

11 Jan 2015, 22:03

nice board Nuum, I would have bought it! :mrgreen:

jacobolus

12 Jan 2015, 01:56

Hypersphere wrote: Nice find. Is there a straightforward and definitive way to determine if keycap legends are dye-sublimated?
Sure, visual inspection. It’s usually pretty easy to tell if you can look at the cap in person. (A jeweler’s loupe could help if you want to really look close.)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

16 Jan 2015, 11:20

Really nice board. It really is funny how the layout looks like a HHKB Pro JP!

crunch

26 Jan 2015, 19:01

I uploaded some pictures because I'm not sure myself if they are pad printed or not. Completely smooth when you drag the finger over them, no hump or anything.

http://imgur.com/a/gRXvk

Nuum

26 Jan 2015, 19:49

Nice pics! Did it arrive safely?
Some keycaps look pad printed, but I'm on my phone currently.

gogusrl

27 Jan 2015, 17:31

They look pad printed to me.

Return to “Gallery”