Post your keyboard/keycaps!

Prelim

19 Feb 2015, 14:59

pexon wrote: Are those Ivans GMK mods? Lovely little board :)
Yup! Ivan's CMYK ;)

zuglufttier

25 Feb 2015, 20:44

Model M key caps from near and very near!
DSC_1132.jpg
DSC_1132.jpg (503.52 KiB) Viewed 6514 times
DSC_1118.jpg
DSC_1118.jpg (580.42 KiB) Viewed 6514 times

Touch_It

26 Feb 2015, 20:32

While I love IBM keyboards I think their ISO enter keys are UGLY with the step. All personal preference.

Muirium
µ

26 Feb 2015, 20:35

I'm the same way. Fortunately I really don't like ISO anyway. But that stepped Return… ugh.

Love a stepped Caps Lock, meanwhile. It just doesn't look right on that fatty cap. The step needs to be consequential.

scottc

26 Feb 2015, 20:55

I think the IBM ISO enters look great! Very different. I think it gives them a lot of character, even if it is purposeless or silly.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Feb 2015, 22:31

I am the same way also. I cannot wait to convert my F122 to ANSI.

alinh

27 Feb 2015, 13:49

Ergodox with fullhand acrylic case, MX blues + black + reds and Granite set :

This board had : stock clears (too heavy if not careful and bottoming out), ergo clears with blues springs (sticky even with some lubing), blacks (too heavy), panda clears (blacks springs - a bit "weird"), ghetto reds (black stems with blues springs - too light), ghetto greens (blue stems with black springs - too heavy) and finally stayed on blues which are OK - but not buckling spring (BS ErgoDox anyone??)

faceU PCB with SPRiT case, ergo clears (62g gold plated springs) + blues, green, blacks and reds, 3 different color removable leds (sip sockets soldered) with DSA Dolch and some Granite text RGB mods keycaps :

Last edited by alinh on 27 Feb 2015, 14:57, edited 3 times in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

27 Feb 2015, 13:52

oh wow that faceU PCB in the SPRiT case...love it! I see a panic cap! :mrgreen:

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 14:09

Ergo clears, blues, green, blacks and reds?! Is there some method to this madness?

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

27 Feb 2015, 14:20

scottc wrote: Ergo clears, blues, green, blacks and reds?! Is there some method to this madness?
You bet there is one :evilgeek: It's not just a random mix, but I let Alin speak about that :geek:

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 14:26

I'm excited to find out! That sounds like just the arrangement in my parts box... :D

seebart

27 Feb 2015, 14:28

scottc wrote: Ergo clears, blues, green, blacks and reds?! Is there some method to this madness?
I was just enjoying it visually. But yes lets hear about your funky switch mix here alinh!

alinh

27 Feb 2015, 14:43

Included switch "mapping" in original post also :

All switches are ergo clears except :

Reds because pinkies = 2x Shift, Return and "caps lock" - used as FN
Black = Space bar
Blues = Panic (ESC) and HHKB style FN
Green - bottom row FN

So atm I have 3 FN keys, but I'm not yet done with remapping all stuff :

And haven't yet started looking into macros so it's still work in progress

If I had more spring types I'd do a variable force ergo clear of sorts (heavier springs on index fingers and decreasing the force towards the pinkies), but "stock" springs I have access to (black, blues, clears) don't behave the same as the 62g ones; feels to me that the force curve is different.
Last edited by alinh on 27 Feb 2015, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

27 Feb 2015, 14:45

quite a presentation you are giving here. Impressive!

alinh

27 Feb 2015, 15:30

added some more info in the original post

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 15:42

That's interesting, thanks for the info! Putting Esc on the ISO extra key is an interesting one that I hadn't thought of myself. That sounds like it'd be really useful for vim, actually.

alinh

27 Feb 2015, 15:50

scottc wrote: That's interesting, thanks for the info! Putting Esc on the ISO extra key is an interesting one that I hadn't thought of myself. That sounds like it'd be really useful for vim, actually.
Originally I wanted to place FN there and put Control on "caps lock", but it's kind of meh place for FN for me since I have numbers on the qwerty row on fn layer...
One thing I don't like about faceU firmware is that it doesn't do shifted keys - or at least I haven't found how to do it. Shifted keys = I want to press ONE key and spit out "!". I have the FN layer on ergodox set up so that I can do all shifted symbols without touching the number row.
Last edited by alinh on 27 Feb 2015, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 15:52

Oh, can't you set up a macro for that? That seems like an odd limitation to have.

alinh

27 Feb 2015, 16:01

scottc wrote: Oh, can't you set up a macro for that? That seems like an odd limitation to have.
Haven't checked out macros yet. Only did basic Layer 1 mapping (and several re mappings after :) ) and some basic FN layer stuff (Vim style arrow keys and stuff).

scottc

27 Feb 2015, 16:04

I actually don't know from experience, both of my FaceUs lasted only a few minutes each so I didn't even get as far as an Fn layer. :mrgreen: Hopefully a macro would work!

Stabilized

27 Feb 2015, 16:21

What happened to your FaceUs? Did they break beyond repair?

DanielT

27 Feb 2015, 16:31

The faceU boards are a perfect example why you should only buy the original :) some were so buggy that they got bricked... I was lucky, had 2 of them, both worked really fine and now the new owners use them without any issues.
Alin's board works fine too.
In the end they're not that bad.

Stabilized

27 Feb 2015, 16:50

They are great if they work, mine did for a while, but now stopped working again. Think the problem is down to the soldering on the components, and I think it is down to the controller. So I will have to crack it open again and try and re-solder/re-flow the tiny little legs on the controller.

Hopefully that will fix it once and for all! :D

Madhias
BS TORPE

28 Mar 2015, 21:13

Madhias wrote: Image
The Skidata caps are only really grey in sunlight. Nice feature :)
About a year ago I posted my SkiData set with CMY ESC caps, and thought of adding modifiers in this colorway. This week I got CMYW caps, from a recent GB. I think the CMYW caps fit better to beige or light cap sets, than to dark sets - there CMYK fits better! Nevermind, here are two pictures:

DanielT

28 Mar 2015, 21:18

These look really cool. Can't wait to get my set of CMYW, I see that unternational shipping has started since you got yours.

scottc

28 Mar 2015, 21:18

Looks really cute. I like it. :D

Sev

08 Apr 2015, 09:34

Where can I get CMYW for my Raptor K1?

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 09:47

I don't think CMYW has the 1u keys needed for a Raptor, CMYK does though IIRC.

Although it's been so long since I ordered I don't actually remember for sure...

Sev

08 Apr 2015, 11:51

And what about the same keycaps like madhias has? I also wan to go for the skidata + CMYW look!

HzFaq

08 Apr 2015, 12:01

The original Skidata was a winkeyless 1800 with 1.5u bottom row mods so that wouldn't fit the Raptor and the replica that Originative made (that is as rare as rockinghorse shit at this point) had only 1.25u mods so also wouldn't fit the Raptor.

I think there are still some Skidata boards on ebay, so you could get one there which would get you most of the way to completing your Raptor. You'd then need one of the two sets from Ivans GMK buy a few years ago for the bottom row mods.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=41017.0

Return to “Gallery”