17 x CST Kidtrac trackballs. ALL SOLD!

Do you want to wait for the additional 3 trackballs. (only vote if you are in the group buy)

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

Muirium
µ

02 Mar 2015, 20:27

Not bad. I wonder what one of these looks like with a black 8 ball in it, right next to a white HHKB?

No reason…

andrewjoy

02 Mar 2015, 20:36

If you send me your white HHKB i will show you :)

Nuum

02 Mar 2015, 20:36

Since I ordered two, I'd get one USB and one PS/2 one, I guess? That would be perfect! Also would prefer the ones with external switch connectors.

andrewjoy

02 Mar 2015, 20:42

hmm 1 appears to be left handed

can you program them then i wonder ?

EDIT

never mind i hotpluged it and its the correct way again must be a key combo to switch it

andrewjoy

02 Mar 2015, 20:58

all USB tested

unfortunately one of them is not USB ( it said it was on box) it is the serial model

it has a serial to PS2 adapter in it and it has ports on the side for switches ( whereas the others are on the back)

all but 1 usb has ports if you don't need ports let me know

will test and update

pexon

02 Mar 2015, 21:48

Thanks so much for organizing this Andrew :)

Stabilized

02 Mar 2015, 21:56

Great news on the USB! :D
Also great about the switches, I don't like the look of the middle button placement, so I think I will wire up a alternative with a Cherry switch when I get the chance ;)

Seems weird that the seller listed them as ps/2, isn't that reducing their value to a lot of people?
It's almost like he opened one box and then just listed them up on eBay!

andrewjoy

02 Mar 2015, 22:36

PS2 and serial ones work fine, and i must say the serial one is built better than the others, the click on the buttons is far nicer. its a shame the external button connectors are on the side

as an added incentive for anyone thinking they would be happy with PS2 ( as i would like 2 USB if possible my KVM does not like convterters ) the PS/2 ones are new open box ( as in they have never been used as they are still in the bag and the cord has not been uncoiled

Stabilized

02 Mar 2015, 23:37

So, how many ps/2 ones are there exactly?

I know you said two before, but does that include the one with a serial port?

andrewjoy

02 Mar 2015, 23:50

2 ps2 one serial ( but it has a ps2 adapter)

i am just testing if the PS/2 ones will work with a passive adapter now

Halvar

03 Mar 2015, 02:21

I lost track of how many orders we have... Still ready to take a second one if one is up for grabs, which can well be serial or PS/2 if the first one is USB ... ;)

andrewjoy

03 Mar 2015, 16:19

All PS/2 / RS-232 check out ok. I must say the bearings on the RS-232 one are very nice they are noticeably smoother. I would be happy to keep that one if it works with my PS/2 to USB converter thats on the way.

Will be going to the post office at the weekend for shipping quotes.

All but one USB one has the external connectors . Is there anyone who does not need the external connectors ?

andrewjoy

04 Mar 2015, 18:35

Get your balls when they are hot, first come first served

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Only £1 extra on your price .

Shipping quotes this weekend when i have time to visit post office

EDIT

Undocumented feature of the trackballs.

Hold down both mouse buttons then press the middle button. and it switches the mouse buttons around.

EDIT

if you want a ball i can install it for you or ship it in the box. I can also clean and lubricate the bearing at the same time :) free of change.

Process is to remove the bearings give them a good clean with a pre injection wipe ( think of it as a rubbing alcohol baby wipe ). i then soak both parts of the bearing ( the metal part it rolls on and the plastic holders) in silicone lubricant spray and wipe off the excess. It improves the feeling :) have to have smooth action on your balls.

chzel

04 Mar 2015, 18:49

I claimed the 13 and the 1!
I'd like my balls loose! :) :oops:

maxmalkav
dye hard

04 Mar 2015, 18:56

Number 5, my dear sir ;-)

Halvar

04 Mar 2015, 19:14

Claimed 3 and 9. Loose please for me, too. Thanks!

pyrelink

04 Mar 2015, 19:30

Ill take #6 loose. Thanks!

Stabilized

04 Mar 2015, 19:37

Aww, that's not fair, I thought I already put dibs on 1 and 5 through PM and the post a few pages ago :(

Oh well, I have put my name down for 2 and 11 instead.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I really don't mind how you send them, just loose is fine by me :)
Last edited by Stabilized on 05 Mar 2015, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.

dyger

04 Mar 2015, 20:10

I thought so, too. Guess I can only have #4 since pyrelink was faster with #6 :D :?

EDIT: I'd like ball #4 already installed and lubed :oops:
Last edited by dyger on 04 Mar 2015, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

pexon

04 Mar 2015, 20:12

chzel wrote: I claimed the 13 and the 1!
I'd like my balls loose! :) :oops:
Damn you I wanted 13 :evil:

HzFaq

04 Mar 2015, 20:28

I don't want a ball but would you mind giving my bearings a bit of lube? I don't like sticky balls...

andrewjoy

04 Mar 2015, 20:35

sure

HzFaq

04 Mar 2015, 20:36

Ledge, thanks very much.

s.trooper

04 Mar 2015, 23:18

I'll grab the 7 please :)

andrewjoy

05 Mar 2015, 00:52

check the list for whats free :)

andrewjoy

05 Mar 2015, 11:06

For the interested, this is a photo showing the difference between the much older RS232 (left) and the USB/PS2 (right). Notice if you will the more hand built RS232 model, notice also the change from external jacks on the side to on the top. The older one feels much better, i don't know if thats because the bearings are more "worn in"and the roller parts are smoother or they are just made from higher quality materials. Not that the newer ones are bad in any way mind you. Smoothness wise they don't hold a candle to the slimblade but they are much better built, its not even a comparison.

For the modders out there the main controller IC is socketed so mod away. I have also opened the one USB model ( and the PS/2 ) that don't have the external jacks. As far as i can tell the footprint for the connector is on the board, there is not need to add any resistors or jumper links, so it may be possible to mod one without external jacks with your own connector.

Still planning a trip to the local post office on Saturday to get shipping quotes, soon as i have them i will send out invoices.

EDIT: Something else i have just noticed is the nasty lead free solder mark on the USB model. Looks like some good old 60/40 was used on the old one mmmmm lead !
Attachments
IMG_20150305_093559.jpg
IMG_20150305_093559.jpg (929.73 KiB) Viewed 3777 times

maxmalkav
dye hard

05 Mar 2015, 15:54

I hope it's not too much hassle, but I would to get some lube on my bearings too. Thanks!

andrewjoy

05 Mar 2015, 16:09

You know what ? As i am such a nice guy ( and i have nothing better to do tonight ) i will lub all of them.

EDIT.

It will be quite quick to do them all i think , one container for each part and i can just lub em all in one big go . most of them have hardly ever been used so there is no wear to worry about, the old lub has just dried up and gone gummy.

chzel

05 Mar 2015, 16:12

Please don't lube mine! I'd like to try it stock first!

andrewjoy

05 Mar 2015, 16:13

ok

Return to “Group buys”