Symbiosis? LOL!!!!

Halvar

22 Feb 2015, 13:03

You can order them now, with the PMK GB running. That's what I understand by "running two similar GBs at the same time".

7bit

22 Feb 2015, 13:04

First, I bring down PMK, then I roll the deadlines.
:evilgeek:

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2015, 13:05

Attaboy!

I have a horrible feeling my Round 5 Extras are going to be a year old by the time Round 5 proper shows up. Facet and the rest of us never meant them to come that way around!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 13:05

do something different, 7bit. Space cadet is old story.

PS: there's no way I order more stuff before I get round 5 :P

Halvar

22 Feb 2015, 13:06

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

22 Feb 2015, 13:07

matt3o wrote:
Muirium wrote: A new doubleshot legend works for all rows, does it? So this set's row 3 limitation doesn't affect our desires to use those tools for our own thing later?
no legends are bound to their row.
Ah. So I wonder then if SP have the same lead times and costs for tooling up an existing legend for a new row. And when doing so, how would we prevent the legend from being modified...

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2015, 13:08

matt3o wrote: do something different, 7bit. Space cadet is old story.
I get more PMs asking to buy my SPH caps (or where else to order them) than I get for Granite and every other thing I own combined.

There's a huge demand for this colour combo. As shown by the interest check. People neeeeed these caps. I quite understand why 7bit's feeling burned!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 13:12

Muirium wrote:
matt3o wrote: do something different, 7bit. Space cadet is old story.
I get more PMs asking to buy my SPH caps (or where else to order them) than I get for Granite and every other thing I own combined.
with the difference that granite sold 10x sph

Stabilized

22 Feb 2015, 13:15

I have been in love with the SPHs since seeing pictures of your boards Muirium.
I am really happy if this works out as the legends really add to the whole look in my eyes.

One big thing for me is the profile of the SA caps, I think that again adds to the look of the caps, and that's why I don't want to go for the PMK GB.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 13:16

I'm not saying that SPH is not a great set and it would sell well... just let's do something different!
Last edited by matt3o on 22 Feb 2015, 13:23, edited 1 time in total.

Stabilized

22 Feb 2015, 13:17

matt3o wrote: with the difference that granite sold 10x sph
Massdrop helped with that, as well as the low prices.
SA caps are expensive and 7bit's are probably the most expensive out there.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 13:19

Stabilized wrote:
matt3o wrote: with the difference that granite sold 10x sph
Massdrop helped with that, as well as the low prices.
SA caps are expensive and 7bit's are probably the most expensive out there.
if I count massdrop it probably sold 100 times more :D but that's not the point :)

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2015, 13:20

That's what I mean: SPH was pre-history for a lot of people. Let's face it: 7bit's ordering process is shite and puts a lot of people off. Haven't we all explained it personally to newbs only to get blank stares back? I must have done that a dozen times! PMK has better reach, when a set is promoted right. A new SPH could well blow Granite away. Certainly the interest people express to me is dominated by SPH!

This set going all row 3 though… ugh. I hope it's not so popular that people misunderstand and think all SA is crap when they see the pictures.

Stabilized

22 Feb 2015, 13:21

matt3o wrote: I'm not saying that SPH is a great set and it would sell well... just let's do something different!
Well, can we move on to new designs after I get my set? ;)

webwit
Wild Duck

22 Feb 2015, 13:23

Personally I think it's all a bit particular. It's like you send a design to a t-shirt company, they make it and it's very successful, and when you come back to have another design made, it's delayed because they turn out to be recreating your earlier order. And they keep calling it a group buy, which it is definitely not. I bet their terms are just as wonderful as Massdrop's middle finger terms.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 13:26

there are a lot of smallish manufacturers in China that could do keycaps, I recently got in contact with some of them. The cost would be lower and QC can't be worse than SP's.

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2015, 13:28

Tall doubleshot PBT sphericals. Make it happen and be remembered for generations!

Stabilized

22 Feb 2015, 13:30

Haha, was just going to post that! :D

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 13:30

SA+PBT+dyesub would be more realistic

Muirium
µ

22 Feb 2015, 13:37

No, don't hint them about our real life expectations. Push them hard!

7bit

22 Feb 2015, 14:03

One day, someone must do this in dye sublimated legends:
:roll:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Feb 2015, 14:25

the 7bit dream board! :D

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

22 Feb 2015, 15:37

Why not bring it forward to reality?
WFK HONEY keys, no legends on top, Space Cadet Greek pad printed on one side, the 7bit legends on the other :)
All keys fully reversible! :D

Miko

22 Feb 2015, 21:18

Wait, I thought PMK was a brand of SP, not a seperat company. If that was the case i doubt you can beat their prices.

7bit

22 Feb 2015, 21:20

PMK is an evil platform of SP to run lame mini-group buys.

SL89

23 Feb 2015, 05:08

Wait did they really just take the ones that are being made for HoneyB and make their own GB?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

23 Feb 2015, 08:35

SL89 wrote: Wait did they really just take the ones that are being made for HoneyB and make their own GB?
no, they didn't. where did this come from?!

Elrick

03 Mar 2015, 06:23

7bit wrote: PMK is an evil platform of SP to run lame mini-group buys.
Out right hatred for the ONLY manufacturer in the US that makes everyone's themed key-sets?

Try getting GMK to make half the stuff already run here on this site and at Geekhack, the Germans would just laugh in your face before flicking you away.

Thus far have 90% key-caps from SP whilst only 10% from GMK and BSP (in total). Isn't there any way to even the numbers so that we can get more GMK and BSP into our keyboards?

Halvar

03 Mar 2015, 09:19

True, but can't you also understand 7bit's frustration about them continually postponing Round 5 production and omitting QC in favor of PMK and Massdrop orders? I'm a bit frustrated with that myself as I'm sure many Round 5 participants are, I put in my Round 5 order in November 2013!

Moreover, if Iook at what they actually sold on PMK during that time, the only set that I found interesting was the granite set, most of the other stuff seemed to be mainly designed for American college kids...

Elrick

03 Mar 2015, 09:39

Halvar wrote: True, but can't you also understand 7bit's frustration about them continually postponing Round 5 production and omitting QC in favor of PMK and Massdrop orders? I'm a bit frustrated with that myself as I'm sure many Round 5 participants are, I put in my Round 5 order in November 2013!
I completely forgot about Round 5, spent the MOST money on it and still doesn't register with me just yet, also bought the order last year.

Maybe due to the huge order SP decided to shelve it until there is a clear time period to run the order through their molds. Many companies wait for clear time periods before running a LARGE order through. Then again they would of finished it by now, I suspect because we are not a huge corporation they think it's alright to ignore us here.

The ONLY reason I jumped on this "SYMBIOSIS" is because it's a real chance of finally getting a Grey and Blue coloured key-set reminiscent of older keyboards. Sorry 7bit :oops: .

Return to “Group buys”