NovaTouch TKL survey! We want you!! (and you a NovaTouch TKL :D?)!

DerpyDash_xAD

27 Feb 2015, 09:49

CM Bram, I know this is off topic but I really liked the Reaper mouse barring 2 things - the switches (m2, m3) were very light and activated from me lifting the mouse, and no removable weights were a real strain - my upper arm muscles currently feel bruised from so much mouse movement! I now have a zowie mouse, but the Reaper was very nice and if these things were fixed I would def consider buying another.

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

27 Feb 2015, 13:02

eldorange wrote: better if they have a winner per continent...nice tempting short survey though...
Thanks you, and will take your feedback into consideration :)

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

27 Feb 2015, 13:03

DerpyDash_xAD wrote: CM Bram, I know this is off topic but I really liked the Reaper mouse barring 2 things - the switches (m2, m3) were very light and activated from me lifting the mouse, and no removable weights were a real strain - my upper arm muscles currently feel bruised from so much mouse movement! I now have a zowie mouse, but the Reaper was very nice and if these things were fixed I would def consider buying another.
Thanks for the feedback regarding our Reaper! If you feel the switches are beyond spec very light please contact our support department :)!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 16:34

Completely off-topic, but is there any chance that you'll sell those MX-Topre stems alone one day?

Muirium
µ

27 Feb 2015, 16:52

They don't work in Realforces. They're too chunky. You'd need the housings too.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

27 Feb 2015, 17:52

Muirium wrote: They don't work in Realforces. They're too chunky. You'd need the housings too.
Eh? They do work with HHKB and FC660C (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2947/152 ... 9759_b.jpg), but not with Realforce?

DerpyDash_xAD

27 Feb 2015, 18:21

ramnes wrote:
Muirium wrote: They don't work in Realforces. They're too chunky. You'd need the housings too.
Eh? They do work with HHKB and FC660C (https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2947/152 ... 9759_b.jpg), but not with Realforce?
might also be a housing mod for that one.
CM Bram wrote: If you feel the switches are beyond spec very light please contact our support department :)!
Not that bad, but too light for me. Good for RTS, bad for FPS. It's always a tradeoff.

the1onewolf

28 Feb 2015, 10:18

DerpyDash_xAD wrote:
ramnes wrote:
might also be a housing mod for that one.
CM Bram wrote: If you feel the switches are beyond spec very light please contact our support department :)!
Not that bad, but too light for me. Good for RTS, bad for FPS. It's always a tradeoff.
Agreed, can't FPS with topre at all hahaha.

Hypersphere

28 Feb 2015, 17:45

SL89 wrote: Done!

Also they always call it the NovaTouch TKL, hopefully I will see a fullsize NovaTouch some day.
Or a NovaTouch 60%.

the1onewolf

28 Feb 2015, 22:00

Novatouch surpreme

DerpyDash_xAD

28 Feb 2015, 23:18

the1onewolf wrote: Agreed, can't FPS with topre at all hahaha.
I was talking about the CM Storm reaper, but it strikes me the same would apply to topre. FPS favors linearity, bottom out aggression ;)

the1onewolf

01 Mar 2015, 05:15

DerpyDash_xAD wrote:
I was talking about the CM Storm reaper, but it strikes me the same would apply to topre. FPS favors linearity, bottom out aggression ;)
OH whoops :P
BUT while we're at it though, I think CM storm reaper is way too heavy for low sens FPS and also it's uses a laser sensor with acceleration :D .

Anyways yea...

cookie

04 Mar 2015, 11:51

The link is dead :(

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

04 Mar 2015, 13:11

Correct cookie, the survey period is officially over but you are welcome tod iscuss more here in the thread if you want to share any thought on it with me :)!

PS. The winner has been contacted, is it someone from the DT community? :D

eldorange

04 Mar 2015, 14:05

I thought this survey raffle/contest is open worldwide for DT forum members/registered users only...a bit misleading...

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

05 Mar 2015, 08:15

eldorange wrote: I thought this survey raffle/contest is open worldwide for DT forum members/registered users only...a bit misleading...
Im sorry if you got that impression eldorange, but the contest was/is indeed open worldwide but not limited to Deskthority only. I only posted it here since you guys were such a good community during our development and thought you were interested into sharing more opinions on it and having a chance to win it at the same time. Hope not more people got thing wrong impression of my initial post. :?: :( :oops:

Touch_It

05 Mar 2015, 17:46

There should totally be another raffle for DT only :D. At any rate I don't think you were misleading, but I could see why someone thought this was the case.

Hermith

05 Mar 2015, 18:56

Thought so too. Finally a decent chance to win I thought. :)

DerpyDash_xAD

06 Mar 2015, 17:31

the1onewolf wrote:
DerpyDash_xAD wrote:
OH whoops :P
BUT while we're at it though, I think CM storm reaper is way too heavy for low sens FPS and also it's uses a laser sensor with acceleration :D .

Anyways yea...
No acell, but it's a nightmare for low sens - weighs too much. I used to use very low sens (400dpi, 1sens in source games) and my arm still hurts from the muscle strain. It was a real workout. Also, the sensor capped out at around 3m/s, which I could hit/surpass, so too low :(

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

09 Mar 2015, 11:11

Let me contact some of my marketing colleagues and the admins see if we can set something up DT only ;-) !

Muirium
µ

09 Mar 2015, 13:56

I like those odds!

Can I suggest a "new to NovaTouch" rule so the winner can't be one of the people who already has one? Myself included!

scottc

09 Mar 2015, 13:57

How about "Can't NovaTouch This"?

Bramster
Cooler Master Employee

10 Mar 2015, 16:31

Good suggestions.... Let us think of something to come up with to do... If any suggestions from you guys let me know!

Kay

16 Mar 2015, 20:26

Drawing contest !

SL89

16 Mar 2015, 20:28

Random Number Generator to choose a number from the member numbers. Maybe more people will become members

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Mar 2015, 21:17

Oh and maybe a limit to who can join? Like maybe be a user here at DT for at least a week. So people don't just make crap accounts to try to win.

Muirium
µ

16 Mar 2015, 22:03

I think he means some kind of challenge. Kind of like Ducky Nordic's contests a few years ago. (I won one of those…)

http://deskthority.net/vendors-f52/duck ... t6418.html

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Mar 2015, 22:11

Muirium wrote: I think he means some kind of challenge. Kind of like Ducky Nordic's contests a few years ago. (I won one of those…)

http://deskthority.net/vendors-f52/duck ... t6418.html
I can't believe that 2nd place beat the 3rd place. :|

scottc

16 Mar 2015, 22:13

OO2's Ducky logo is legendary. You can't beat it!

Muirium
µ

16 Mar 2015, 22:14

Kayvee was quite a character! (He's been nowhere for a while now though, pity.)

That's the thing with contests involving skill: it's all down to the judge. A lottery is "fairer" but less entertaining!

Return to “Keyboards”