The Realforce Euro Tour - Round 4

Topre Enthusiast

10 Mar 2015, 10:25

Hello All,

It's that time again! Have you always wanted to try a Realforce, but only wanted to shell out roughly the cost of postage to any other European nation for the chance? (a common predicament, I'm sure). Well then, this is the thread for you!

Read the rules and guidelines carefully. Register your interest in this thread if you wish to participate. The rules have changed slightly from the last tour. The Realforce is in Italy at the moment, so participants there (or close by) will get preference for first try.
  • 1. As of this post, you must be a Deskthority member (in Europe) with over 15 posts.

Exceptions:

• Someone from the DT community meeting the criteria for this tour can vouch for you.
    • NEW - This rule is waived for Deskthority club members who attained membership status before this post.

2. Each person may try the keyboard for 1 week before passing it on to the next person (this may change depending on the interest generated). Organise this yourselves via PM on DT. I don't need to be involved in the PM, but I may request status updates in this thread.

3. Please use a postage method with tracking. Even if it's the cheapest method possible, I would prefer that the keyboard can be tracked. If you cannot post with tracking, do not apply.

4. Once your week with the Realforce is up, check this post to see who the next person on the list is, and PM them directly for their details. Don't ask me for their details.
Board specifications:
Model XF01T0 / White / 104 Key / Variable Weight Switches / ANSI Layout - http://deskthority.net/wiki/Realforce#Full_size
Spoiler:
Interested [Order subject to change depending on countries involved]:
1. robpaulson [Italy]
2. acolombo [Italy]
3. Spikebolt [Portugal]
4. sphinx [Portugal]
5. amospalla [Spain]
6. andrewjoy [UK]
7. shreebles [Germany]
8. wlhlm [Germany]
9. jou [Switzerland]
10. chzel [Greece]

chzel

10 Mar 2015, 10:49

Yes, please!

Topre Enthusiast

10 Mar 2015, 11:01

Cool! I would have guessed that you already tried Topre before. I guess not.
Added :)

chzel

10 Mar 2015, 11:07

I never had the honor! Thanks!

Medowy

10 Mar 2015, 11:08

Glad to see another round! 8-)

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

10 Mar 2015, 13:50

I'm interested! :D

andrewjoy

16 Mar 2015, 11:48

oh sign me up baby !

shreebles
Finally 60%

19 Mar 2015, 13:29

me 3 pretty please!

Spitfire

19 Mar 2015, 17:28

Damn, I'm not active enough on DT to fulfill the 15 posts requirement, otherwise I'd sign up. :-o

amospalla
let's go

19 Mar 2015, 19:25

I can participate this year yay.

Please add me to the list.

sphinx
Major Bummer

30 Mar 2015, 20:55

DT member, do you mean club member or just forum member?

I'd like to participate!

i'm in portugal, and if spikebolt is in Lisbon i wouldnt mind arranging with him to split shipping costs!

Muirium
µ

30 Mar 2015, 21:03

You're fine, you qualify. Although joining the DT Club is always recommended, on principle!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

01 Apr 2015, 11:13

I am in Lisbon and wouldn't mind to split costs as well :)

scottc

07 Apr 2015, 20:27

002 wrote:
  • 1. As of this post, you must be a Deskthority member (in Europe) with over 15 posts.

Exceptions:
    • Someone from the DT community meeting the criteria for this tour can vouch for you.
    • NEW - This rule is waived for Deskthority club members who attained membership status before this post.

shreebles
Finally 60%

07 Apr 2015, 22:42

wihedro wrote: hmm, so when's the next tour?
We don't even know when this tour is happening, no way of saying when the next one is.
Meanwhile, check out the other stuff on DT, and be patient. I've wanted to try a Topre keyboard for over a year now.
Or, start looking for alternatives...

robpaulson

26 Apr 2015, 03:45

I'm from north Italy and would be interested, I never had the chance to try topre switches. BUT I don't have enough posts. I'm a computer science student, Last summer I got interested in mechanical keyboards and such and I joined deskthority and geekhack. I learned everything I know about keyboards in these forums, but I almost never posted anything, except for buying an ergodox form falbatech. Is there anything I can do to earn your trust? :)

Topre Enthusiast

26 Apr 2015, 05:15

It would be nice to have you as a starting point actually as the keyboard is currently in Italy and it would be easier for matt3o to post there. The rules have to be applied to everyone equally though. Do you have anyone from geekhack who might be able to vouch for you?

robpaulson

26 Apr 2015, 14:20

I might ask to czarek, he is the one I bought the ergodox from, but I'm not sure he can vouch for me, he doesn't really know me. I'm sending him a PM right now.
Alternatively I could give you my ebay account where you can check that I'm a honest citizen with positive feedback only.

robpaulson

30 Apr 2015, 15:29

He is not even answering me XD
I guess I just don't meet the requirements, I'll have to survive without knowing what a topre feels like :D
Next time maybe...

sphinx
Major Bummer

04 May 2015, 16:40

a couple of nights ago I had a dream, that i would get this keyboard but inside the box would be also an HHKB, model M, SSK, and a bunch more keyboards..

do I have a problem?

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

04 May 2015, 16:40

I'd also like to request that the guy next/previous to us portuguese is amospalla from Spain. Shipping is considerably cheaper to Spain than everywhere else on EU.

Topre Enthusiast

04 May 2015, 23:44

Yep, we will sort out a better order once we have a few more people :)

acolombo

05 May 2015, 00:29

I'd like to try Topre for once, I'm located in Italy.

Also I exchanged some PMs with robpaulson and we're gonna have a phone call soon. So I can vouch for him, if everyone is okay with it .

chzel

05 May 2015, 00:41

acolombo wrote: So I can vouch for him, if everyone is okay with it .
If you are OK with it, I don't see why we would have a problem :D
002 has final say of course!

wlhlm
~

05 May 2015, 00:55

I'm interested in trying a Topre as well. Located in Germany.

Topre Enthusiast

05 May 2015, 01:50

Added all :)
Just one more person needed! If anyone else has suggestions for the order, post them here. The only thing set in stone is that Italy must be first.

Muirium
µ

05 May 2015, 03:08

sphinx wrote: a couple of nights ago I had a dream, that i would get this keyboard but inside the box would be also an HHKB, model M, SSK, and a bunch more keyboards..

do I have a problem?
Quit peeking at my luggage!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

06 May 2015, 08:33

I'd also like to request to be placed next to acolombo, he has a package for me and therefore we would save some shipping money :P My suggestion would be:

1. robpaulson [Italy]
2. acolombo [Italy]
3. Spikebolt [Portugal]
4. sphinx [Portugal]
5. amospalla [Spain]
6. andrewjoy [UK]
7. shreebles [Germany]
8. wlhlm [Germany]
9. chzel [Greece]

Topre Enthusiast

06 May 2015, 09:14

OK -- Poor chzel moves into last place, but the good thing about that is he can hold it a bit longer until I decide what to do with it :)

wlhlm
~

06 May 2015, 15:27

Does someone know the size and weight of the Topre in its box? Just to see what shipping costs to expect. :?

Return to “Try before you buy”