Price Check: How much is my _____ worth?

guk
1896 Vintage Reds

19 Mar 2015, 23:06

5-10€

dyger

21 Mar 2015, 03:36

How much would a Dolch keyboard in decent condition with mx blues be worth?

IvanIvanovich

22 Mar 2015, 00:30

Dolch G80-1813 with US layout usually something around $80-120, DE, GB, or other may command more depending on who happens to be looking for that layout.

axiom

23 Mar 2015, 16:05

dzhoou wrote: Curious. Are you having trouble installing it? I'm typing on exactly the same board with new keys installed.

I recalled that the stabs were too loose for the new spacebar, so I had to put some tissue paper in. Worked fine for me.
They ended up fitting fine, this is what I get for reading posts before actually trying them (damn my impatience) :cry: . Enter key does grind a little but only if I pay attention to it.

I'll probably just sell it anyway and see if I can get enough for a headphone/DAC combo.

Mal-2

24 Mar 2015, 03:14

axiom wrote: Enter key does grind a little but only if I pay attention to it.
Apply the Mythbusters motto: When in doubt, use more lube. Obviously don't use something that's going to eat the plastic, but a nice, viscous lubricant can do a great deal to hide grinding. It doesn't fix it, and could possibly turn it into sticking, but it's not that hard to reverse if you don't like the result.

Jimi14

01 Apr 2015, 20:01

Anyone know what a raptor gaming K1 with POM keys and Norwegian layout could go for nowadays?

shreebles
Finally 60%

02 Apr 2015, 09:34

Jimi14 wrote: Anyone know what a raptor gaming K1 with POM keys and Norwegian layout could go for nowadays?
We got them new recently, french doubleshots for 23 something €. So, not much anymore, I'm afraid. Depends on how much the buyer knows and how bad he needs norwegian keycaps.

Jimi14

02 Apr 2015, 11:25

shreebles wrote:
Jimi14 wrote: Anyone know what a raptor gaming K1 with POM keys and Norwegian layout could go for nowadays?
We got them new recently, french doubleshots for 23 something €. So, not much anymore, I'm afraid. Depends on how much the buyer knows and how bad he needs norwegian keycaps.
Ok, thanks anyway.

Ludovician

02 Apr 2015, 12:31

I intend to start looking for a Model F PC-AT keyboard in any condition. What kind of price would I be looking at?

Nuum

02 Apr 2015, 12:34

I'd say around 100-150$. Very good condition up to 200$.

Muirium
µ

02 Apr 2015, 12:36

$25 from Cindy. Or, back in the real world, probably something like €100. They're a superb feeling, and highly adaptable board though.

Ludovician

02 Apr 2015, 12:50

Yeah, the main reason I'm looking is to adapt it to almost exactly the layout in the picture you just linked.

... I know this isn't the right place to ask, but is it also possible to do a similar layout on the XT one? It looks like the default layout of that could make it problematic.

Nuum

02 Apr 2015, 12:55

Mine's better! ;)
DSCN3478 Klein.jpg
DSCN3478 Klein.jpg (894.08 KiB) Viewed 4211 times
Unfortunately a layout change like this is not possible on an XT, although you can change the layout to a certain extent.

Ludovician

02 Apr 2015, 13:02

What prevents it from being viable on the XT?

Nuum

02 Apr 2015, 13:10

The barrel placement of the XT is quite different to the AT, so you can't just swap in an ANSI enter or do the modifications to the numpad area.

Have a look at this AT plate (upside down)

vs. this XT plate

Ludovician

02 Apr 2015, 13:12

Yeah, I would not want to work with that. That layout is a nightmare.

Thanks for your help. I'll stop posting about this in the price check thread now. Doesn't really belong here.

s.trooper

04 Apr 2015, 02:44

Hey guys, I have a bolt modded internal soarers converted '88 model m and was wondering how much it would be worth. Thanks!

Cheesebaron

04 Apr 2015, 19:53

Considering swapping my Model M SSK into something else. How much do these go for now? I remember I gave something like 300 EUR with import taxes and shipping for it.

It is bolt modded and previous owner modded leds into for Num, Scroll and Caps Lock. Here are some snaps of it:

It is a pretty clean board!

scottc

04 Apr 2015, 19:57

They're worth quite a bit less now. Cindy (elecplus) is selling complete SSKs for $75, and incomplete ones for as low as $35. It being bolt-modded and having those nice keycaps can't hinder its price.

I'd be a bit concerned about the LEDs though... Drilling holes into an SSK case is a cardinal sin. :cry:

Cheesebaron

04 Apr 2015, 19:58

Alright, thanks. Will probably keep it then :-)

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

04 Apr 2015, 22:39

You still can put it at any price on Ebay, and see if anyone bite. Even if Cindy sold some SSKs for cheap, it doesn't mean that it's not a rare and envied board anymore.

Plus, yours is bolt-modded, and have strange caps; that adds value to the board. Some might not like the LEDs (I don't), but some other could and might pay more for that kind of mod also.

Bitsquid

05 Apr 2015, 23:50

I'm trying to get some *nice* keycaps for my ducky zero and so I was pretty excited when I found this auction on ebay: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-Tastatur ... 1095769060

Looked like the keycaps would fit and they are dye-sub and quite beautiful in my eyes. I even placed a modest bit but now I'm totally surprised how high the price went! Is there anything I need to know about old G80s? Is this something special? Or is that just the amount of money I need to be willing to invest to improve on my stock keycaps?

scottc

05 Apr 2015, 23:54

They're not dyesub, they're doubleshot. You can tell from the article number. It says HFMDE. The H means doubleshot. S would mean dyeusb.

This one in particular probably went so high because it has doubleshot 1.25U modifiers, which are very rare for original Cherry keys. You can get sets of DE doubleshots for like 20 euro most of the time, but they'll have 1.5U modifiers, a 7U spacebar and an off-center capslock which aren't compatible with "modern" boards.

The solution: just use a nice original Cherry board instead. :)

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 Apr 2015, 23:56

Still, that 90EUR surprises me. That's pretty damn high, even for a G80 with 1.25u keys.

scottc

05 Apr 2015, 23:58

Yeah. I don't like strgs though. I suppose it's because it's an international auction, whereas most on German eBay are Germany-only.

Bitsquid

06 Apr 2015, 00:11

I made myself look even more noobish then I am. Doubleshot is what I meant. Dyesub is for PBT keys, right?

Well.. I'll just have to keep looking I guess! :) And meanwhile type on a patchy black and white keyboard that looks like a german cow (lasered pbt keys wherever they would fit and stock modifiers, space and enter-key otherwise)

scottc

06 Apr 2015, 00:20

It's alright. :D Easy mistake to make. Yeah, PBT can be dyesubbed, but it can also be lasered. Same as ABS.

I've got lots of lasered thin PBT white-ish grey keys in German layout, if you'd like some to help complete your layout. Show me your layout and I'll see what I can do for you!

I've also got full red and yellow doubleshot sets from Tai-Hao that I need to get rid of, which reminds me: I should really put up a sale thread...

HzFaq

06 Apr 2015, 00:36

scottc wrote: which reminds me: I should really put up a sale thread...
Dibs on the PL HAU :)

scottc

06 Apr 2015, 00:42

Hah, you must mean the NIB PL HAU! It's not for sale, unfortunately. :P Neither it nor its plebeian boxless brother!

One day I hope to get a busted G80-2100 and take the PCB from it to use to get the 2500 working in its full battle-worthy glory.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

06 Apr 2015, 08:11

scottc wrote: […] One day I hope to get a busted G80-2100 and take the PCB from it to use to get the 2500 working in its full battle-worthy glory.
Anything interesting to trade? :mrgreen:

Return to “Marketplace Help”