GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]

IvanIvanovich

15 Nov 2014, 03:34

Please make sure to check your sets and let me know if you have anything missing, or duplicate keys you shouldn't have more than one of. I did my best to make sure sets were assembled correctly, but mistakes will happen.

pasph

15 Nov 2014, 13:12

When you will ship to Italy?

IvanIvanovich

15 Nov 2014, 16:45

Already have for those orders that are not waiting on the correct plate mount stabilizer parts.

IvanIvanovich

27 Nov 2014, 01:21

ALL orders that are not waiting on correct stab parts have SHIPPED.

Daniel

11 Dec 2014, 21:13

Just wanted to add some pictures:

Thank you for organizing this group buy Ivan!
DSCF2643.JPG
DSCF2643.JPG (106.94 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
DSCF2640.JPG
DSCF2640.JPG (104.86 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
DSCF2634.JPG
DSCF2634.JPG (107.44 KiB) Viewed 4204 times
DSCF2635.JPG
DSCF2635.JPG (117.43 KiB) Viewed 4204 times

Jmneuv

11 Dec 2014, 21:20

Love the even fine grain surface of GMK caps..

Muirium
µ

11 Dec 2014, 21:20

Ouch. That was the one that got away! Dee-lish.

IvanIvanovich

29 Mar 2015, 22:56

Last orders that were waiting on stab parts have finally been shipped.

NOW... what some of you have been waiting for...
THOSE THAT DID NOT HAVE AN ORDER IN THE ORIGINAL GROUPBUY WILL GET PRIORITY.

I have TWO 'full' sets available, at the discount price of $100 shipped US, $105 shipped international.
All will be missing the $4 and F5, but have JOKER keys as stand ins.
Some may also be missing 2.25 left shift key, and/or some cursor key so you will need to pick up something to replace those from EK or elsewhere.
These may also have keys with small scratches or other minor cosmetic defects.

Miscellaneous single keys will be listed sometime later this week when I have more time.
Last edited by IvanIvanovich on 30 Mar 2015, 19:27, edited 4 times in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

29 Mar 2015, 23:09

What is the price in euros? :D

Mr.Bean

29 Mar 2015, 23:12

Same as in $ good times to spend euros

SL89

30 Mar 2015, 00:22

Oh man, so tempted :/

IvanIvanovich

30 Mar 2015, 21:09

Here's a little preview of what will be coming next...

HzFaq

30 Mar 2015, 21:10

IvanIvanovich wrote: Here's a little preview of what will be coming next...
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

edit - Bloq Mayus?
edit 2 - Ah, capslock, cool.
Last edited by HzFaq on 30 Mar 2015, 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

IvanIvanovich

30 Mar 2015, 21:15

It's a dual language US/Spanish set so it has the Spanish legends side printed.

HzFaq

30 Mar 2015, 21:18

I really really really like the text only legends as well. Even I'm surprised by that, I'm usually a symbols only guy.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 Mar 2015, 22:00

Mr.Bean wrote: Same as in $ good times to spend euros
No, euro is weak, so it's a bad time to spend euros, hence my question. ;)

GuilleAcoustic

30 Mar 2015, 22:04

ramnes wrote:
Mr.Bean wrote: Same as in $ good times to spend euros
No, euro is weak, so it's a bad time to spend euros, hence my question. ;)
EUR-USD rate is so close to 1.0 that it makes international shipping very painful :cry:

Halvar

30 Mar 2015, 22:10

I like the color a lot, but I have a very bad gut feeling regarding the Spanish legends vs. the GH / US ANSI crowd.

Also, I don't really like that the Spanish legends on the modifiers are in second colour, which means I can't combine the mods of this set with the alphas of a WoB or Dolch or Skidata set of my language layout, which would have been awesome.

Ivan, I had hoped that you would have taken away from the last buys that an interest check can in fact do some good now that you are experienced enough to read it properly. :(

IvanIvanovich

31 Mar 2015, 00:00

Surely some will fuss about it, but since standard US legends are the primary legends, and it doesn't add in additional keys I have a feeling most people will be OK with the side printed legends as it was with Dolch and GB layout.
I would like to move through various 'major' languages in this way, so while it's not cost effective to get full doubleshots when it adds a bunch of extra keys, adding pad printing is fairly trivial cost wise and adds more support for various users. I also think it looks visually interesting too (which is why the Spanish is opposite color for alphas and mods, more visual impact), but that is my own opinion.
I think the text only legends for the modifiers are quite nice too, it's all pretty much totally uniform (except for the Windows and menu key being oh so special and having an icon).

Consider this as the interest check. For now.

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Mar 2015, 08:34

I really like the idea that the side printed legends are in the color of the modifiers. Fits perfect!

It would not be the colorway I like in general (too much disco) and prefer more the rather boring colored group buys like Round 5, 80|15, Beige GMK, etc.

vsev

31 Mar 2015, 10:16

Not plans to split alphas, mods+extras and numpad or something like so ISO people could order more just what they'll be using ?
Last edited by vsev on 31 Mar 2015, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.

Stabilized

31 Mar 2015, 11:01

Madhias wrote: I really like the idea that the side printed legends are in the color of the modifiers. Fits perfect!

It would not be the colorway I like in general (too much disco) and prefer more the rather boring colored group buys like Round 5, 80|15, Beige GMK, etc.
I agree with this, from the render anyway; cool idea but might wait this one out.

IvanIvanovich

31 Mar 2015, 20:41

For whatever mysterious reasons, with GMK pricing goes very different when you split things up. It's cheaper to keep more stuff in a set.
From some discussion at GH for those that don't go over there...

Lots of issues about having mix of A/B profile for 1.25 winkey user. Suggest to make the base set A only, and add cursor in B profile to the CMYK v2 kit to take care of it. Perhaps offer alternate stand alone numpad set in another color, such as bright green for example, on black with B profile not A.

As always, colors and legends will not be to everyone taste. It's always about tailoring kits to most use cases as is feasible for the lowest possible costs.

gianni

01 Apr 2015, 16:38

If possible, add some blank keys, this way you will make happy all those who prefer blank keys to wrong keys :-P (all the ISO users).

3 R4
3 R3
2 R2
2 R1

What color are the legends of the alphanumeric keys? UN6037 Cyan?
Blue would be much nicer :-P perfect to complement this wonderful modifier set!
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=66668.0

Return to “Group buys”