Zero Sum day - The model M "cd" cover

idollar
i$

03 Apr 2015, 09:13

GreatHouse

04 Apr 2015, 03:16

Hey, I'm the guy behind Great House. I'm glad you liked the album art. I don't know how popular lo-fi folk miniatures are going to be among the mechanical keyboard community, but I am very happy with how the art turned out. I picked up the keyboard for $5 from a garage sale in my hometown in northern Alberta. A flawless condition, 1984 IBM Model M. The guy couldn't believe how much I was flipping out over it. When I asked him if he had any other old electronics like that, he showed me a bin full of absolute junk, but at least I got the keyboard out of it. When I realized how easily the caps came off of the keys, I knew I had to make an album cover, and Zero Sum Day was the only song I had that a) had a good enough title to name an album after and b) could be spelled without repeating any letters. I've been sitting on that picture for six months when the other night I decided to record some short tracks and I knew I had to use Zero Sum Day.

Compgeke

04 Apr 2015, 03:25

Welcome to Deskthority!

Just a heads up though, it wasn't really made in 1984. On the bottom of the label there's the copyright date but then the DOM is after "Date".

Here's an example on a 1993 model:

GreatHouse

04 Apr 2015, 03:28

My apologies! It's a 1987! I just saw the big text that said 1984 and assumed that was it.

Muirium
µ

04 Apr 2015, 03:32

Easy mistake to make. Model Ms are essentially unique for having that much information on them. IBM left us the unlikely treasure trove of knowing every keyboard's birthdate. Some folk even hunt down precise ones to match with living people's!

Touch_It

04 Apr 2015, 06:03

Awesome sauce!

Return to “Off-topic”