ISO 60% acrylic case design

Victoriv

18 Apr 2015, 04:18

I am looking to build a board with Alps, hand wired. I was looking at a standard 60% design (I attached the layout I found) and I was wondering if anyone knew a good resource for either making a design to have cut or premade ones. I likely will need both the plate and the case.

I can get it cut by a friend who has access to a laser cutter so that makes it a bit easier, but not sure how I would go about designing the case and plate.

This would be my first build, a lot of good resources on here, but I would also appreciate any general advice too. :)
Attachments
6a263aafeb.png
6a263aafeb.png (40.97 KiB) Viewed 1366 times

Muirium
µ

18 Apr 2015, 04:33

Have you got the Alps caps for this layout? I'd split that right Shift and Backspace key, but then I'm just HHKB crazy, same as always!

neverused

18 Apr 2015, 04:43

http://builder.swillkb.com/

Also look in the projects section for more info on the tool. I'm on my phone so I can't easily go into great detail.

Victoriv

18 Apr 2015, 04:49

Thanks for the link, seems to be just what I need.
Muirium wrote: Have you got the Alps caps
for this layout? I'd split that right Shift and Backspace key, but then I'm just HHKB crazy, same as always!
Haven't bought any supplies yet, just doing research but that is a good point, will have to make sure I get the right caps.

Return to “Workshop”