DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

20 Apr 2015, 19:17

I'm glad you like the caps :)

My NerD60 with GMK Dolch, finally this board looks the way it should :D

Prelim

20 Apr 2015, 20:19

classy! ;)

I prefer the green in the dolch (yellow is kinda strange there)

scottc

20 Apr 2015, 20:21

Wow DanielT, that's really a stunner! I should get a moogle kit and get a nice-looking Cherry set on one of my modern boards...

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

20 Apr 2015, 23:57

I like the yelllow, but you should have stuck with it. Green esc and yellow win key looks weird.

Eszett

21 Apr 2015, 04:28

DanielT, I like the symmetry of the bottom row which most keyboards of that type lack:
1.5u -- 1u -- 1.5u -- 7u -- 1.5u -- 1u -- 1.5u

Muirium
µ

21 Apr 2015, 07:02

So do I:

DanielT

21 Apr 2015, 14:19

In real life that yellow looks great with Dolch, I was swapping the Cherry WoB's with the Dolch and the winkeys were the last ones to swap when I realized that it looks great. And the green Esc, I love it.
I love the board and the layout, don't know why but none of the cap sets I tried before (WoB, BoW ) just didn't look right with the case and plate.

Eszett

21 Apr 2015, 14:32

This Kishsaver shows an aesthetically perfect layout, I agree, Muirium. We have the same taste, Muirium.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

22 Apr 2015, 09:14

daily driver, now with fewer colors. anybody know where I can get a beige USB cable?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 Apr 2015, 09:46

nice HHKB sth.A beige USB cable should not be that hard to find. For something like that google can be your friend. I don't know if pexonpcs has beige ones.

http://pexonpcs.co.uk/

Madhias
BS TORPE

22 Apr 2015, 20:59

sth wrote: [HHKB IMAGE WITH CAPS WITHOUT LEGENDS]
daily driver, now with fewer colors. anybody know where I can get a beige USB cable?
With that red key a red cable would be also nice! Or if it should be more subtle, a sleeved red cable - which is then less red and looks nice and it is just sexy to touch it from time to time. I do that at work with the cable I have got recently.

Beside thinking of dirty & sexual things with USB cables I ordered a 1800 set over TaoBao. It was the first order I did there, with the help of an agent. The package arrived very fast, it took about one week. I paid € 48.31,- for the caps, and € 33.82,- for the shipping. So around € 82.13,- for an ANSI doubleshot 1800 set. It is OK for me, since I did not find similar keyboards on Ebay in the last weeks - and if I would find them, kbdfr or seebart or Ascaii or whoever would have scored it!

The caps are in a good condition, almost all caps have a nice texture and are seem to be not used that much. Of course it always depends on where and how the keyboard was used in the past.

Sorry for not having fingernails or hands like the ones Apple uses in their advertisements!

Spoiler:

I don't know, but it seems I have here serious & complex distortion problems, since the cap is in reality not that curvy:

I counted about 3-4 caps, which are in really bad condition, and they seem to be polished or cleaned or sanded way too much. Of course the rare RIGHT SHIFT is not in good quality. The F6 cap is also really sanded or polished too much.

It does look on the picture not that bad, but if you look closely on the edges, you see that it is sanded or cleaned too hard:

In the end I am happy with the set, it could be way more worse, and the important caps for a vintage 1800 layout (but not the RIGHT SHIFT) are in a good condition.

seebart

23 Apr 2015, 10:04

...kbdfr or seebart or Ascaii or whoever would have scored it!
That was guk who found those and the rest was luck. Yours look nice too. ;)

Here is my newly aquired Monterey K110 with Tai-Hao Northgate-style doubleshots.
IMGP9497.JPG
IMGP9497.JPG (1011.93 KiB) Viewed 6292 times
IMGP9509.JPG
IMGP9509.JPG (1006.28 KiB) Viewed 6292 times

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Apr 2015, 10:45

Madhias wrote: […] I counted about 3-4 caps, which are in really bad condition, and they seem to be polished or cleaned or sanded way too much. Of course the rare RIGHT SHIFT is not in good quality. The F6 cap is also really sanded or polished too much. […]
The F6 cap not being a specific ANSI cap, I could send you one for shipping costs.
What else (only "universal" caps) would you need?

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Apr 2015, 12:43

kbdfr wrote:
Madhias wrote: The F6 cap not being a specific ANSI cap, I could send you one for shipping costs.
What else (only "universal" caps) would you need?
That would be great! Many thanks for your offer. I'll write you a PM. From the universal sized caps the F6 and from the numpad the 7/HOME, 8/ARROW-UP and 9/PG-UP are in this sanded state. The other caps of the numpad and alphas are fine!

From the not normal sized caps only the RIGHT SHIFT is not OK. I have those CMYW caps, and I also ordered these blue modifiers from a GMK group buy, I think there is always the 1,75 sized SHIFT present.

I am always a little bit confused about Cherry / GMK cap row profiles, since I thought only the bottom row can be taller (A or B). My SkiData caps and these 1800 caps are very low, and caps from a G81 keyboard (this Meto 8000 keyboard) are higher. Is this the difference between standard and Cherry profile? But the G81 keyboard also not "new", so I thought it must be the same heights. I am only familiar with one sized in all rows same IBM BS caps :)

Stabilized

23 Apr 2015, 12:51

Madhias wrote: In the end I am happy with the set, it could be way more worse, and the important caps for a vintage 1800 layout (but not the RIGHT SHIFT) are in a good condition.
Interesting, I also bought a set from Taobao as well (same layout and beige) and I found that it was much the same as you describe. I think the price of the set I bought was less though, what proxy service/agent did you use?
I found that a number of my keys were like the ones you posted with the spacebar having some quite bad scratches as well as some of the bottom row of keys having the corners damaged (like the original keyboard was dropped).

I bought my set from this seller:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1673 ... 146508.0.0
And used this Taobao agent:
http://www.bhiner.com/home

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Apr 2015, 13:42

Madhias wrote: […] 7/HOME, 8/ARROW-UP and 9/PG-UP […]
My spares are from German boards, so only the 8/↑ will fit.
I suppose you don’t want 7/Pos1 and 9/Bild↑ on your ANSI board :D

DanielT

23 Apr 2015, 14:15

Madhias wrote: I am always a little bit confused about Cherry / GMK cap row profiles, since I thought only the bottom row can be taller (A or B). My SkiData caps and these 1800 caps are very low, and caps from a G81 keyboard (this Meto 8000 keyboard) are higher. Is this the difference between standard and Cherry profile? But the G81 keyboard also not "new", so I thought it must be the same heights. I am only familiar with one sized in all rows same IBM BS caps :)
Older boards had the 1.5u on the bottom row in A profile, the higher profile. I think when production switched to GMK the new molds were made in B profile for the bottom row, something I would say is good. A profile is damn high.

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Apr 2015, 16:42

Stabilized wrote: Interesting, I also bought a set from Taobao as well (same layout and beige) and I found that it was much the same as you describe. I think the price of the set I bought was less though, what proxy service/agent did you use?
I found that a number of my keys were like the ones you posted with the spacebar having some quite bad scratches as well as some of the bottom row of keys having the corners damaged (like the original keyboard was dropped).

I bought my set from this seller:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1673 ... 146508.0.0
And used this Taobao agent:
http://www.bhiner.com/home
My set was from a different seller, the price was also higher:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1662 ... 317209.0.0
I used this TaoBao agent:
http://www.yoybuy.com
kbdfr wrote: My spares are from German boards, so only the 8/↑ will fit.
I suppose you don’t want 7/Pos1 and 9/Bild↑ on your ANSI board :D
No problem! I have to look through and write you a PM. I also have some spare caps, but as I saw right now the colors are different, the other caps I have are darker or have a different grey. Or it is yellowing? You see it in the pic down there. I would not care that much though, or would change for example then the whole F-Row for example!
DanielT wrote: Older boards had the 1.5u on the bottom row in A profile, the higher profile. I think when production switched to GMK the new molds were made in B profile for the bottom row, something I would say is good. A profile is damn high.
I thought that other rows are different too, but it was of course wrong - because these 1800 caps have the D profile on the number row, instead of the E row. Therefor these caps have not the same height than the ones I have from a G81 board.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

23 Apr 2015, 17:27

Madhias wrote: […] I thought that other rows are different too, but it was of course wrong - because these 1800 caps have the D profile on the number row, instead of the E row. Therefor these caps have not the same height than the ones I have from a G81 board.

[photographic evidence]
Just checked my 1800s, none of them has D profile caps on the number row.
Not even the 11900, where the caps of the upper rows are indeed "flattened", has a non-standard number row.
Puzzling…

Madhias
BS TORPE

23 Apr 2015, 17:29

Strange. Indeed China 1800 caps!

photekq
Cherry Picker

23 Apr 2015, 17:44

The only 1800 I knew of with D-profile num-row was the Compaq 1838.. Weird!

IvanIvanovich

23 Apr 2015, 18:22

I've seen some of the 1800 that come built in those 1u rack drawer have the BBCDDD too. I found it irritating to type on and why I got rid of my Compaq 1838 even though I loved it's all white color.

DanielT

26 Apr 2015, 09:10

This board is for my wife, an ISO winkey G80-1800 HAD with ANSI caps number row and alpha's. I must admin the 1800 layout is very interesting, I like it more than TKL but 60% is still my number one. Anyway I'm thinking about making a custom 1800 for me, stock case and maybe a Leeku PCB, I'll have to see.

Ascaii
The Beard

26 Apr 2015, 10:02

Looks great, Daniel! :D

Prelim

26 Apr 2015, 10:58

I'm also a 1800 layout lover!

It's still my main keyboard, here's my winkeyless version ;) (btw, I'm thinking about painting the top frame in dark grey)

Madhias
BS TORPE

26 Apr 2015, 11:13

Nice 1800s, DanielT and Prelim! What does your wife say, Daniel? Does she like the board? I really like the layout of these boards, my second favorite layout after TKLs.

scottc

26 Apr 2015, 11:16

Nice 1800s! They were my daily driver in my previous job too, but my new employer bought me a Matias Mini. I'll have to post my own later. I've got two: one in (almost) UK layout using caps from a G80-3192HAG and one in Polish layout using using caps from G80-2500s.

DanielT

26 Apr 2015, 15:53

Madhias wrote: Nice 1800s, DanielT and Prelim! What does your wife say, Daniel? Does she like the board? I really like the layout of these boards, my second favorite layout after TKLs.
My wife loves the board, now I'm waiting for the CMYW caps, she wants a little color on the keyboard :)

Azhdar

26 Apr 2015, 17:33

RS96, gateron clears lubed with 65g springs.

OG cherry french dyesubs, GMK Rshift, Blackout Zombro and judgmental skull from krytone.

Nerd60 62g ergo-clears

OG chery french dyesubs (set#2). Blackout Reaper

Sadly I'm out of cherry profile 1.75 Shifts

:x

seebart

26 Apr 2015, 17:44

Nice boards Azhdar.

Return to “Gallery”