Why Mu does not drive

elecplus

22 Apr 2015, 18:38

Seems Scottish driving has gone to the dogs!
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-news/ ... ay-n346111

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

22 Apr 2015, 19:26

Mu doesn't drive? And is a tractor a road legal vehicle in scotland?

Muirium
µ

22 Apr 2015, 19:40

Tractors show up on the roads all the time here. Which isn't great, as practically all of them are single lane! Haven't encountered one with a canine driver though, yet. They've often got a border collie sitting in the passenger seat, and those dogs have got ideas!

One of my favourite things about Californian roads: all the reflective signs, especially at dangerous corners when you're up the hills and getting twisty. In Scotland, you'd just careen off the side of the cliff. We like to assume everyone already knows their way around…

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 Apr 2015, 19:46

I will have to keep that in mind if I ever visit Scotland and am too busy driving on the other side of the road and operating the gear shifter with my left hand while trying to navigate the inevitable fog at night. Sounds like fun.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 Apr 2015, 19:47

Muirium wrote: Tractors show up on the roads all the time here.
Are you back in Scotland?

Muirium
µ

22 Apr 2015, 19:55

Oops. Force of habit. Still to see my first tractor out of the fields here in Cali!

macmakkara

22 Apr 2015, 20:07

I believe that tractors are road legal vehicles in most of european countries. But canine driving one is new thing for me!

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

22 Apr 2015, 20:13

Muirium wrote: One of my favourite things about Californian roads: all the reflective signs, especially at dangerous corners when you're up the hills and getting twisty. In Scotland, you'd just careen off the side of the cliff. We like to assume everyone already knows their way around…
That's "favorite" in these parts, boy.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 Apr 2015, 20:31

Muirium wrote: Oops. Force of habit. Still to see my first tractor out of the fields here in Cali!
You'll need to head to the Central Valley for that. You won't see this in the big cities.

Return to “Off-topic”