Sanwa Supply MA-WTB40 questions.

amospalla
let's go

26 Apr 2015, 14:51

Hello guys,

I have lately entered the trackball world with my first trackball being a Kensington Orbit Wireless. I enjoy it quite a lot but I am looking for something with more buttons and a bigger ball.

I like mouse and trackball to be wireless, so the logical path is going for a Sanwa Supply MA-WTB40, but it is getting hard to find anywhere to buy it to start with.

I'm looking for somebody who was used it and could say some words about this trackball, also if anybody knows where to buy it being that I live in Europe.

:)

Hak Foo

26 Apr 2015, 20:31

I have the very similar wired Sanwa "Pro Trackball"-- I think it's the TB38. It's a nice shaoe and layout, but in my experience, the tracking is not very consistent and smooth.

It has three tiny bearings that hold the ball over the sensor. I am not sure if they are the weak spot, or casting flash in the bottom of the ball opening.

I don't know if they sell to Europe, but I got mine through Rakuten.com, who do a clumsy "individual sellers in Japan can list stuff they'll ship to you" marketplace.

amospalla
let's go

26 Apr 2015, 21:55

Thank you Hak Foo, AFAIK the TB40 is the wireless version of the TB38, that is, on photos these seem exactly the same, but one is corded.

If you say the tracking is not quite good maybe I should look at some wired one like Slimblade or LTRAC. Have you ever used any of these to compare?

Hak Foo

27 Apr 2015, 04:40

I've used the L-Trac; it's what I use now; it's much smoother.

Return to “Mice & other input devices”