A quick tour of the mini computer museum at my work

lolpes

15 Apr 2015, 18:33

So I'm from Portugal, and where i work, the guys from the IT department made a small museum with some of the computers used back in the day, so i'm just gonna leave the pictures here :) maybe some folks can help me id some stuff, and feel free to ask for detailed photos on any device(except internals) ;)

I literally begged for this keyboard, but saddly they did not accept my request :(

andrewjoy

15 Apr 2015, 18:36

that is so amazing !

IS that a PDP 11 ? And a digital terminal ! Sweet !

Also you should ask them if you can have the silver label M :P

lolpes

15 Apr 2015, 18:40

I can't :( hey said everything in there is for display only....but there are 2 ibms there, maybe i can eventually reason with them for one :) this will be my argument "you only need one for display....can i have the other? " :3

lolpes

15 Apr 2015, 18:42

Also i haven't much experience with keyboard(just past noob lol) so you have to be a little more speciefic as to which photo you are refering your question :p

Muirium
µ

15 Apr 2015, 18:43

Begged. Begged!

Very impressive collection they have there. Must take up a whole lot of space. Each picture kept expanding my estimate.

Of course, you know some evil bean counter will arrive someday and have the lot sent out for scrap. That's the trouble with bosses and wives…

It even happens at the computer companies who built it.

lolpes

15 Apr 2015, 18:49

It is very unlikelly since that collection has been there for some years now, i can ask how many since it was already here when i started...but if someday it goes to scrap, it will go by my hands first ;) everything related to computers that gets trown away is kept in a room until the end of each month, and i have access to it, from that point on i can have it if i want :)

zts

15 Apr 2015, 19:30

Awesome collection :o Don't take any vacations ever and no sick days either ... or if you do, have your local landfill address handy ... beware of any higher-ups that walk around with phablets ... :shock: :lol:

Zylkan

15 Apr 2015, 20:25

Awesome lolpes, thanks for sharing! ;)

HzFaq

15 Apr 2015, 20:29

Holy shit that is cool, thanks for sharing.

Prelim

16 Apr 2015, 00:01

wow, sick collection!

lolpes

16 Apr 2015, 00:17

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

16 Apr 2015, 03:50

Its too much!

Ander

25 Apr 2015, 23:47

Fantástico! It's especially fun to see Model M's still "deployed" with their original systems. I also really like the Frankenstein-style calculator-typewriter, whatever the heck it is!

Nuum

25 Apr 2015, 23:55

It's indeed a calculator with a row of numbers for each decimal entered.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Apr 2015, 11:38

That museum is not so small at all. Very nice collection. Thanks for sharing.

chzel

26 Apr 2015, 14:19

It's a beautiful mini museum!
But please get someone to clean inside the display cases! That dust! :o :shock:

lolpes

26 Apr 2015, 19:48

Yeah I know about the dust, very unfortunate...I don't know how often they clean it, if at all...

Return to “Gallery”