Blocked by Cherry G80-2551 Ebay seller

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 Apr 2015, 08:05

kbdfr wrote: I have invited the eBay seller to take part in the discussion.
His insight would sure be useful! I hope he isn't a rude person :|

derzemel

25 Apr 2015, 08:19

oh... shit... :oops: :? :oops: :? :oops: :? :oops: :?

I really didn't want this discussion to spiral down like this and now I feel very bad for opening this can of worms.

I now understand the seller's position and I do not blame him/her.

I was the one at fault here as I wasn't aware of the how many untrustworthy buyers are on ebay and how huge the scam problem is. I also was convinced that sellers are at least able to see the delivery country of a buyer/bidder, but it seems that is not the case as well.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 Apr 2015, 08:24

derzemel wrote:

I really didn't want this discussion to spiral down like this and now I feel very bad for opening this can of worms.

I now understand the seller's position and I do not blame him/her.

I was the one at fault here as I wasn't aware of the how many untrustworthy buyers are on ebay and how huge the scam problem is. I also was convinced that sellers are at least able to see the delivery country of a buyer/bidder, but it seems that is not the case as well.

Repent!! :twisted:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

25 Apr 2015, 08:28

Redmaus wrote:
His insight would sure be useful! I hope he isn't a rude person :|
I told him it should be a factual discussion, even if sometimes opinions are expressed rather pointedly :mrgreen:
derzemel wrote:

I really didn't want this discussion to spiral down like this and now I feel very bad for opening this can of worms.[…]
I told him you started quite heavily but then apologized.
He will be able to see that anyway.

IanM

25 Apr 2015, 18:02

davkol wrote: A proxy! The horror!

…and if it's still in the same city, there's certainly no way anyone could ever possibly show up in person.
You're still ignoring/unaware of key information. Buyers cannot force sellers to lose their seller protections or push them into sales that may be fraud. PayPal requires real time online tracking, with real time upload of recipients signature on high value items. Without it the seller has zero protection against INR fraud. They also require that packages only be sent to verified addresses, if not the seller protection is also void.

Nobody is travelling from one country to another, buying or renting a property and verifying the new address on their paypal account within hours or a couple of days, it really looks like a hacked account and a scam.

Sellers do not always like items to be collected either, it can be inconvenient or an invasion of privacy/personal space. If the listing didn't specify collection in person it's not an option. If collection is an option the seller is allowed to insist (put terms in the listing) that it be in person, not a courier and that payment must be cash, not paypal. If the buyer insists on using paypal then the seller is allowed to insist on paid, tracked postage at extra cost or cancel the sale without penalty (and the buyer maybe gets a policy breach for trying to dictate terms)
davkol wrote: The seller is still an asshole, who doesn't provide any explanation whatsoever, unless omitted by OP.
No he isn't, he doesn't have to explain to buyers their mistakes or how they should use ebay or explain how he has been annoyed or inconvenienced. It's not his problem but it is his time and money that's being wasted.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

25 Apr 2015, 18:09

eBay's platform, eBay's rules. Simple as that. If the seller is racist or not is secondary. Unless he openly acts racist on eBay. Then you could report it to eBay. So most of this discussion is pretty offtopic. Anyone can check eBay's selling guidelines and see what the seller can or cannot do. It's got nothing do to with Germany or "Gastarbeiter" either.

the1onewolf

26 Apr 2015, 22:22

IanM wrote:
davkol wrote: A proxy! The horror!

…and if it's still in the same city, there's certainly no way anyone could ever possibly show up in person.
You're still ignoring/unaware of key information. Buyers cannot force sellers to lose their seller protections or push them into sales that may be fraud. PayPal requires real time online tracking, with real time upload of recipients signature on high value items. Without it the seller has zero protection against INR fraud. They also require that packages only be sent to verified addresses, if not the seller protection is also void.

Nobody is travelling from one country to another, buying or renting a property and verifying the new address on their paypal account within hours or a couple of days, it really looks like a hacked account and a scam.

Sellers do not always like items to be collected either, it can be inconvenient or an invasion of privacy/personal space. If the listing didn't specify collection in person it's not an option. If collection is an option the seller is allowed to insist (put terms in the listing) that it be in person, not a courier and that payment must be cash, not paypal. If the buyer insists on using paypal then the seller is allowed to insist on paid, tracked postage at extra cost or cancel the sale without penalty (and the buyer maybe gets a policy breach for trying to dictate terms)
davkol wrote: The seller is still an asshole, who doesn't provide any explanation whatsoever, unless omitted by OP.
No he isn't, he doesn't have to explain to buyers their mistakes or how they should use ebay or explain how he has been annoyed or inconvenienced. It's not his problem but it is his time and money that's being wasted.
Don't bother man. Davkol can form inferences and deductions just about as well a low-functioning autistic individual.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=71 ... msg1727269

I honestly can't tell sometimes if this has to do with English not being his first language or if he's just argumentative or maybe he's just mentally impaired.

davkol

26 Apr 2015, 23:12

Maybe you should stop wasting time and start another bunch of threads like
  • Is America the best country in the world?
  • Do you use your phone in the bathroom?
  • Got 10 eBay bucks ... What should I buy

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

26 Apr 2015, 23:21

davkol wrote: Maybe you should stop wasting time and start another bunch of threads like
  • Is America the best country in the world?
  • Do you use your phone in the bathroom?
  • Got 10 eBay bucks ... What should I buy
:shock: Lets stay civil here...

davkol

27 Apr 2015, 00:10

Nah, it's just funny, when a troll tries to call out someone for trolling^Wposting what's in their signature (i.e., Devil's Advocate in my case, although I'm rather serious here).

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

27 Apr 2015, 00:21

davkol wrote: Nah, it's just funny, when a troll tries to call out someone for trolling^Wposting what's in their signature (i.e., Devil's Advocate in my case, although I'm rather serious here).
Ah ok. I just don't want to see DT threads end up like some of the ones I have seen on reddit and GH...

fohat
Elder Messenger

27 Apr 2015, 01:52

seebart wrote: eBay's platform, eBay's rules. Simple as that.
Life is too short. Move on.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Apr 2015, 11:11

I got an answer from the seller, who prefers not to post here and expresses disgust about some of the things posted in this thread.

Regarding the facts themselves, he says (my translation, so not using the quoting feature):
  • "How does this eBay buyer look like?
    1. Registered on eBay since approx. Jan. 2015. Zero feedback.
    2. Buyer has already changed his name.
    3. Member on eBay USA.
    4. Own place of residence Romania.
    5. Shipping address suddenly changed from Bucharest to Berlin.
    All this taken together does not precisely inspire optimism.
    [Seller] reported this to the eBay hotline and was advised to block the buyer."
I am pleased to see that not only demerzel had already revised his former views, but also particularly a special post by another poster has now been edited.

So in the end, it clearly appears the whole story was just everyday eBay business.

derzemel

27 Apr 2015, 11:54

kbdfr wrote: I got an answer from the seller, who prefers not to post here and expresses disgust about some of the things posted in this thread.

Regarding the facts themselves, he says (my translation, so not using the quoting feature):
    3. Member on eBay USA.
I am pleased to see that not only demerzel had already revised his former views, but also particularly a special post by another poster has now been edited.

So in the end, it clearly appears the whole story was just everyday eBay business.
Thank you!

Once again I am sorry for what has happened and what I have said, on the first page. I am not a hateful person, nor do I support hateful actions, thoughts, etc.

I do tend to be quick tempered, but it is something that I am working on.

I do hope that someday I may have the chance to somehow make it up to the seller and to the people here that I may have offended.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

27 Apr 2015, 12:08

You're welcome :D

And I am sorry for calling you "demerzel" instead of derzemel :lol:

derzemel

27 Apr 2015, 12:12

kbdfr wrote: You're welcome :D

And I am sorry for calling you "demerzel" instead of derzemel :lol:
You are a fan of Asimov's Foundation series, right?

My nickname is an anagram of Eto Demerzel's name, so I did not mind at all :D
Last edited by derzemel on 27 Apr 2015, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

derzemel

27 Apr 2015, 12:57

kbdfr wrote: Regarding the facts themselves, he says (my translation, so not using the quoting feature):
    3. Member on eBay USA.
I want to review the points above and maybe some of the more ebay experienced members can help me a bit:

1. ok, I understand this. I need feedback.
2. I changed my name because ebay automatically set up a random one based on my family name. I modified it to my full name. Why would modifying the name be viewed as an issue? Can this be something that can be used as a scam process?
3. There is no Ebay Romania, so I registered on ebay.com. Why would this look strange?
4. I do not think this point was listed as an issue. Except if the seller is wary of eastern Europeans, which I do not blame him/her of. Remember the huuuge ebay scam problems generated by Romanians in the early 2000s?
5. I understand this one too. Next time I'll ask my German friend to proxy directly for me :P

Thank you!

derzemel

08 May 2015, 08:32

I just received the first ebay item I have bought, a Filco keypuller from Mr. Widebasket, all the way from S Korea (took 8 days to arrive to Ro.)

I have also sent a and received my first feedback

I feel abnormally proud and I also feel like I have joined an exclusive club :D

Let's hope that this way I may be able to avoid any more misunderstandings with any sellers.

Madhias
BS TORPE

08 May 2015, 08:41

Ebay! It is I think one of my online accounts which are longest active until today, and I remember when I got a physical letter from Ebay with some code needed to verify that I am me.

Topre Enthusiast

08 May 2015, 09:13

Same here :)
My account is from 2002, I think...at the ripe old age of 16. My steam account is from day 1. A precious 4-digit!

Return to “Keyboards”