GMK Electric Bluegaloo Modifier Set, Escape Pack Group Buy

billnye

10 Apr 2015, 19:53

scottc wrote: Don't forget that it'd be more like $8.5 + the $10 that EK charge to ship to Europe!
I was gonna order the sets and have them mailed to me and ship them out to you Euro guys with your orders to save on shipping.

scottc

10 Apr 2015, 19:54

Ignore me then, that sounds much saner :lol:

pyrelink

10 Apr 2015, 19:54

Correct me if I am wrong, but I imagine that if they would come from EK, bill would order from EK and ship the arrows with the rest of your order? So only 1 shipping charge to Europe.

Ninja'd :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

10 Apr 2015, 19:55

Yep, it will be like that! I also added an arrow pack to my order.

billnye

10 Apr 2015, 19:56

Forget the extra orders, just going to add arrow keys to main set to save you guys some money and make the sorting easier :)

Madhias
BS TORPE

10 Apr 2015, 19:59

Oh yes!

pyrelink

10 Apr 2015, 20:01

Very nice!

Halvar

10 Apr 2015, 20:05

Wow, cool! :geek:

Sev

10 Apr 2015, 20:09

This is very nice. Any ideas what keycaps whould fit for the rest of the keyboard?

Madhias
BS TORPE

10 Apr 2015, 20:14

I'd pair it with beige caps!

scottc

10 Apr 2015, 20:16

These additions have made this GB a LOT more appealing to me... This is really cool. You could easily cover two keyboards (one ANSI, one ISO) with a reasonable number of keys for $50.

It'd look great with WoB caps. Beige caps maybe, but WoB would be very nice!

Sev

10 Apr 2015, 20:25

Ok I joined. Sadly I messed up the PP email but I sent you a message billnye. :?

Maybe with GMK Classic Beige from photekq? Only thing I am not sure if it looks good to have white and black font. ^^

billnye

14 Apr 2015, 14:04

Set will now include arrow keys (full TKL support), however the cost of the set is now $47.

Khers

14 Apr 2015, 14:35

Full TKL-support sold it for me, I'm in for one of each!

billnye

27 Apr 2015, 13:49

OP updated with new mockup :ugeek:

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

17 May 2015, 14:33

Thanks billnye!

Have you thought about follow-up alphas? ;)

Stabilized

17 May 2015, 20:35

facetsesame wrote: Thanks billnye!

What were thinking for the follow up alphas? A white on blue like the olivetti set or just having the alphas all in the same colourway?

I am big fan of blue and white on keycaps so I would be up for either.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

17 May 2015, 22:32

Stabilized wrote:
facetsesame wrote: Thanks billnye!

What were thinking for the follow up alphas? A white on blue like the olivetti set or just having the alphas all in the same colourway?

I am big fan of blue and white on keycaps so I would be up for either.
My thoughts are much the same as yours, though I'd add that white on a darker blue would also work (of course).

I considered the Olivetti set, though I'd really prefer to have UK ISO support, even if it does seem to be laughably impossible when the letters GMK are involved.

wlhlm
~

17 May 2015, 22:54

I think the Electric Blue fits well with the darker alphas of the Olivetti set. Picture from Duck (sorry for the size):

Stabilized

18 May 2015, 11:31

wlhlm wrote: I think the Electric Blue fits well with the darker alphas of the Olivetti set. Picture from Duck (sorry for the size):
Spoiler:
That's the exact reason I ordered this set, it is going on my board with a Hammer Olivetti set (which is slightly darker then the one in the picture?)
facetsesame wrote: My thoughts are much the same as yours, though I'd add that white on a darker blue would also work (of course).

I considered the Olivetti set, though I'd really prefer to have UK ISO support, even if it does seem to be laughably impossible when the letters GMK are involved.
In theory I think it would look great to have alphas in a lighter blue (maybe like this GB; N5) and mods in a darker blue (like the blue used in the recent Hammer olivetti; V4), but either way I would be interested in another blue/white key set!

billnye

18 May 2015, 16:05

I have considered an alphas group buy, but those don't ever seem to gather much interest. IE: Ivan's full TKL support for purple mods.

I would really like to see someone run a proper Olivetti group buy with proper legends and not costing $200.

facetsesame
Mad Dasher

19 May 2015, 00:28

Interesting, thanks. Olivetti seems like a safe bet, but I don't know the GMK world. I don't even remember Ivan's purple TKL buy (though I was hopelessly lost in Round 5 for a while...), that could have been up my street.

Though the way I seem to be going, I could end up looking for enough different colours to make arbitrary Handarbeit-a-likes. Tip: don't spend too long with a colour ring!

billnye

09 Jun 2015, 14:46

I haven't updated this thread in a while.

All invoices have been sent out and are due by 00:00 GMT June 11. After this date I will begin to transfer the money to GMK and get this group buy going!

Let me know if you will need a little extra time to pay and we can work something out :).

Prelim

22 Jun 2015, 19:02

Stabilized wrote: In theory I think it would look great to have alphas in a lighter blue (maybe like this GB; N5) and mods in a darker blue (like the blue used in the recent Hammer olivetti; V4), but either way I would be interested in another blue/white key set!
I would also prefer blue V4, as it's way more similar to the old vintage olivetti caps ;)

beltet

25 Jun 2015, 18:48

I wonder... Is it possible to join this late? Couldn't decide if I wanted it or not....

billnye

25 Jun 2015, 19:15

beltet wrote: I wonder... Is it possible to join this late? Couldn't decide if I wanted it or not....
Unfortunately it is too late to join. You can, however, preorder the set from kappakapps.com if you would like.

billnye

27 Jun 2015, 20:48

Since geekhack is down, I'll be updating the thread here for the time being.

I'm waiting for GMK to send me the initial invoice so that I can pay for the caps. I'll let everyone know once the invoice has been paid and production is beginning :).

Hanni

30 Jun 2015, 00:26

You're the best billnye !

CommonCurt

30 Jun 2015, 04:12

billnye wrote: Since geekhack is down, I'll be updating the thread here for the time being.

I'm waiting for GMK to send me the initial invoice so that I can pay for the caps. I'll let everyone know once the invoice has been paid and production is beginning :).
I can't wait to get my hands on these. Thanks for the update.

billnye

27 Aug 2015, 02:15

Just wanted to stop by and update this thread for all the DT people.

I received an email from GMK last week saying that the shipment to me has been delayed until late September/early October. I'll update everyone as I get more information.

Return to “Group buys”