Special bananas?

elecplus

04 May 2015, 20:40

We all know about "special" brownies, but special bananas?
Largest drug bust in German history happened today.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/polic ... ry-n353306
Be careful in your grocery shopping!

derzemel

04 May 2015, 20:48

386 Kg? ... Where's the banana for scale?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

04 May 2015, 20:52

I thought my potassium seemed a little off today...

fohat
Elder Messenger

06 May 2015, 02:17

Germans must not be such big drug users.

Here in the US, less than a year ago, in a wooden 1970's house, in a "respectable" sleepy little suburban Atlanta neighborhood where I used to live, they seized almost 4 tons of marijuana, 38 pounds of meth, and 3 pounds of cocaine.

I seem to remember the US cocaine record being on the order of 20 tons.

OMG, a US ton is only 90% as large as a metric tonne! As if that makes a difference.

webwit
Wild Duck

06 May 2015, 02:38

It's an abandonment.

They hide the cocaine in the banana boxes and hire/bribe people in the chain of delivery. At some point of the chain, the cocaine is supposed to be picked up. Probably well before the grocery store delivery.

But there's a compromise. The law is on to it, by competence or betrayal or whatever. However, the abandonment shows the criminals were informed of the compromise. They lost the shipment. They won their freedom. The loss all in the game? So who really won. At that scale, losses are calculated in advance.

Halvar

06 May 2015, 09:32

Possible. Or someone in Colombia got confused about some RFIDs after too much cocaine and mixed up some numbers in the Darknet Mob Information System.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 May 2015, 12:15

I saw that in the news too. I do some shopping at that grocery chain myself from time to time. I never had a "drug problem" there though. :mrgreen: Certainly not a nice find. It's a mad mad world.

Dubsgalore

06 May 2015, 17:34

Bananadine :shock:

seebart

06 May 2015, 17:46

Bananablow!

Julle

09 May 2015, 11:25

elecplus

10 May 2015, 02:23

If anyone has an old copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook, it tells you how to make LSD from banana peels :twisted:

webwit
Wild Duck

10 May 2015, 02:32

Now we're talking. Tell us about when you were an anarchist hippie in the sixties and early seventies!

elecplus

10 May 2015, 12:20

Well, I am a little younger than that :-) But I will tell you that of my 12 friends from junior high, all of us are dead except 2. :cry: Those years are not always very happy memories for me.

seebart

10 May 2015, 12:33

I find that s shocking Cindy! I tried out all kinds of "stuff" in the 80's but it was more of a social trend. Today I go jogging instead.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

10 May 2015, 12:38

elecplus wrote: If anyone has an old copy of the Anarchist's Cookbook, it tells you how to make LSD from banana peels :twisted:
well even if you can't, there's always textfiles.com for your poorly-informed poor decision making :maverick:

Return to “Off-topic”