Looking for a wireless mech kb

Zing

18 May 2015, 10:58

Hey guys I'm looking for a wireless or bluetooth mechanical keyboard for work.
What do you recommend?

So far I've only seen wireless keyboards from Filco, Matias and Nopoo.

Muirium
µ

20 May 2015, 00:03

The tumbleweed in this thread is, sadly, quite appropriate. There's a real shortage of wireless mechs out there right now. I've been looking for one myself since I first posted on DT, but in that time the only half-decent wireless board I've seen is Filco's Minila Air. That one's well built and has epic battery life. But the layout's a bit awkward to say the least.

Meanwhile, we've been building our own Bluetooth controllers for the HHKB and… soon… the IBM Model M series. I have a prototype in this very SSK - currently operating in USB mode, but with Bluetooth components ready - waiting on Phosphorglow's experiments with code. I'm looking forward to using it that way myself!

Not that most offices are comfortable with people using buckling springs…

I really do hope Topre heeds our advice and goes Bluetooth soon. Same for Filco beyond the Air. I've been waiting on a wireless Majestouch 3 for years now.

Muirium
µ

20 May 2015, 21:35

Well, apparently there is also this:
imbattable wrote: Massdrop has a Bluetooth Varmilo TKL as a drop at the moment:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/varmilo-vb87m-bluetooth

If I had not bought that same keyboard in the corded version (and with the mint green caps :mrgreen: ) I would be all over that. If the hardware is the same apart from the bluetooth as their usual TKL, it is a really solid board (the 'p' character has some issues in the font used for dye sublimation, if you look closely)

wlhlm
~

20 May 2015, 21:44

There's the Rapoo KX. I have heard rather mixed reviews about it.

amospalla
let's go

20 May 2015, 22:01

Matias has a board with Bluetooth, and another with an usb dongle.

Khers

20 May 2015, 22:04

If you're feeling rich there are GON Crystals with BT

variable

25 Jan 2017, 16:27

Ancient thread, but I can attest to the vb87m being a great keyboard thus far.

gogusrl

26 Jan 2017, 07:47

The perfect thread to post my latest find while browsing aliexpress. pretty tempted to order one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dare-U- ... 188.WVl6Dm

scottc

26 Jan 2017, 08:50

They have those on Amazon UK for the same price, was sorely tempted. There's also a 60% version but I wouldn't want to use an unprogrammable Poker-layout 60%.

gogusrl

26 Jan 2017, 09:38

I think a decent project would be to try to convert all these keyboards to TMK/QMK.

Orpheo

26 Jan 2017, 10:19

There is the Anne Pro on Banggood, it's pretty cheap and the gateron blue is good.

chuckdee

26 Jan 2017, 18:29

I have a bluetooth JD 45. The largest impediment to getting it done was the case; the wireless itself is pretty easy using the Bluefruit EZ-Key from adafruit as a base.

Return to “Keyboards”