§

25 May 2015, 08:26

Mal-2

25 May 2015, 12:10

You're a lightweight.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

25 May 2015, 12:22

I remember trying cherry coke. It was distguting. Barfo.

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 12:28

Love this stuff:

webwit
Wild Duck

25 May 2015, 12:51

NSFW.
Spoiler:

seebart

25 May 2015, 14:13

Oh wow webwit, I knew you had good Taste in Cherries. Quite a spoiler. :D

Those are some jucy ripe cherries alright!

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 14:15

All these Russian girls on the Internet nowadays. I remember when the only time you'd ever see them was at gymnastics events. And not usually like that!

seebart

25 May 2015, 14:18

I like to see those Russian girls at other kinds of gymnastics. :D

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

25 May 2015, 21:00

webwit wrote: NSFW.
Spoiler:
Those are Topre not Cherry :lol:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 May 2015, 21:12

webwit wrote: NSFW.
Spoiler:
Interesting how off topic we can get sometimes.

little too ripe for me though :roll:

webwit
Wild Duck

25 May 2015, 21:16

Reminds me of my Topre t-shirt design.
Spoiler:

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 May 2015, 21:22

Ok that made me laugh pretty hard.

Ace
§

25 May 2015, 22:29

This is my first time truly experiencing the off-topic section. It's a little enlightening.

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 22:32

Goddamn black on black Topre. We're staring because we're trying hard to read it, honest!

Ace
§

25 May 2015, 22:46

Muirium wrote: Love this stuff:
Spoiler:
I live in Texas, remember? Not Europe. How the heck do you expect me to find that in stores?!?!

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 22:54

When I searched for that picture, I think I saw Amazon carries it! Otherwise you'll have to try Whole Foods, which is America's hipper, hempier Waitrose from my experience. That's where I get it over here. Along with Bundaberg root beer. The good stuff.

Ace
§

25 May 2015, 23:01

Just looked it up. Apparently, it's much more readily available than I would have thought. Even Walmart carries it. :shock:

The same company makes a great variety of sodas. They all look premium; delicious. Have you tried any others?

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 23:03

Sure have. None have disappointed me either. Their Curiosity Cola is like Beamspring to Coke's Model M2…

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 May 2015, 23:05

God soda and Dr. Pepper make me sick to be honest, you are pretty much drinking high fructose corn syrup out of a can.

scottc

25 May 2015, 23:09

Redmaus wrote: God soda and Dr. Pepper make me sick to be honest, you are pretty much drinking high fructose corn syrup out of a can.
No HFCS in the civilised^H^H^H European part of the world! At least nothing in comparison to the stuff you get in the States.

Ace
§

25 May 2015, 23:12

Muirium wrote: Sure have. None have disappointed me either. Their Curiosity Cola is like Beamspring to Coke's Model M2…
Pure poetry. I'll have to try some of their products then. :lol:
Redmaus wrote: God soda and Dr. Pepper make me sick to be honest, you are pretty much drinking high fructose corn syrup out of a can.
I know a lot of people feel that way, but it's the exact opposite for me. Soda is one of the many simple joys of life. It brings me up when I feel low; It adds color to an otherwise grey day.

By the way, you do realize that Dr. Pepper is a soda, right?

scottc

25 May 2015, 23:14

Ace wrote: I know a lot of people feel that way, but it's the exact opposite for me. Soda is one of the many simple joys of life. It brings me up when I feel low; It adds color to an otherwise grey day.
In most modern societies, this is referred to as "addiction".

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

25 May 2015, 23:21

Ace wrote:

By the way, you do realize that Dr. Pepper is a soda, right?
Whoops, meant to say coca cola and dr. pepper :?

Muirium
µ

25 May 2015, 23:41

Addiction is when you feel grey whenever you're without "it". Or, alternatively, you're just never, ever, EVER without it, somehow, by sheer coincidence of course…

In my travels in California I saw a whole lot of Mexican Coke. They still have access to the classic stuff over there, albeit not in vending machines.

Ace
§

25 May 2015, 23:58

scottc wrote: In most modern societies, this is referred to as "addiction".
Murium explains why this is not true quite well. I don't feel grey without soda; rather, soda "cheers me up" when I feel grey.
Muirium wrote: In my travels in California I saw a whole lot of Mexican Coke. They still have access to the classic stuff over there, albeit not in vending machines.
When I read "Mexican Coke", I thought it was some sort of drug............
Last edited by Ace on 26 May 2015, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

Mal-2

26 May 2015, 03:04

Muirium wrote: In my travels in California I saw a whole lot of Mexican Coke. They still have access to the classic stuff over there, albeit not in vending machines.
Mexican Squirt is great stuff, and I don't even like grapefruit very much. Real sugar, real fruit. There's even pulp at the bottom of the bottle.

Mexican Pepsi is also popular, for the exact same reason as Mexican Coke. Real sucrose, no HFCS.

Also, the next time you're out this way (Southern California), try Cactus Cooler if you haven't already. Why it isn't available more widely, I have no idea. If you can't wait that long, but can find pineapple soda, mix it with orange soda in equal parts and you'll be pretty close.

After ten years, I'm still mad at the cow-orker who convinced me to try durian-flavored soda by saying it was a pineapple on the bottle...

bhtooefr

26 May 2015, 03:18

The grocery store I go to (Kroger) stocks Mexican Coke even in Ohio, at about $1.10/bottle. Every now and then I'll pick up a couple bottles, it's the only Coke I can tolerate. The American stuff is just sickly sweet, and I don't think it's the HFCS that's the problem (for a while even Mexican Coke was HFCS-sweetened, although they stopped that crap), it's how much they're using.

SL89

26 May 2015, 04:51

bhtooefr wrote: The grocery store I go to (Kroger) stocks Mexican Coke even in Ohio, at about $1.10/bottle. Every now and then I'll pick up a couple bottles, it's the only Coke I can tolerate. The American stuff is just sickly sweet, and I don't think it's the HFCS that's the problem (for a while even Mexican Coke was HFCS-sweetened, although they stopped that crap), it's how much they're using.
It's actually a different formulation as well, the fruit base for the flavors use differnt citrus (lemon v orange) iirc. As I've moved away from soda i get Mexican coke when I feel the need for it because its a lil more special.

Ace
§

26 May 2015, 07:32

seebart wrote: I remember trying cherry coke. It was distguting. Barfo.
Very true. That was my exact first reaction. Such a terrible after-taste. Although, after a while, I'm afraid I've learned to like it. It's that exact after-taste that makes it addictive. :twisted:

Vanilla Coke, on the other hand, is one of my favorite sodas. Even amongst the exotic/premium ones. It's a like a mixture of Coke and vanilla ice-cream. :?

IvanIvanovich

26 May 2015, 14:18

Fentimans is really good. China Cola is great also and may be easier to find in the US. As for Coke, I prefer the Mexican as well for the same reasons others have stated above. Where I live it's the same price as USA Coke so... might as well get it. I don't care much for Cherry Coke. Sometimes I might take some if I am at a fast food for fountain drink, but it goes to a 10% to 90% regular Coke mix. Raspberry Coke on the other hand, simply amazing.

Return to “Off-topic”