The Granite aftermarket thread

Eszett

17 Apr 2015, 01:00

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg (82.11 KiB) Viewed 5364 times
Last edited by Eszett on 25 Apr 2015, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

janvkn

17 Apr 2015, 11:27

You know you can get blank mods pretty much straight off the shelf from PMK, right?

Go to: http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/produ ... ank-sets-1
Select: "Standard Modifier Set - Gray (GDE) $21"

They are the exact same color code as Granite.

Supergeek

17 Apr 2015, 13:25

That looks nothing like an otter to me.

Eszett

17 Apr 2015, 13:31

@janvkn Thank for your note. However, I need alot of 1.5u blanks, that would mean I have to order multiple sets from PMK, which is quite expensive.

@Supergeek what do you mean with "otter"?
Last edited by Eszett on 17 Apr 2015, 13:37, edited 2 times in total.

Supergeek

17 Apr 2015, 13:33

Eszett wrote: @Supergeek what do you mean with "otter"?
Just a joke. Between the dark background and the slightly cut-off text, your "offer" look like "otter."

Eszett

17 Apr 2015, 13:36

OK. My photo is bad quality and my photoshopping attempts are poor. But my keycaps are in good condition, like new.

janvkn

17 Apr 2015, 13:50

Eszett wrote: @janvkn Thank for your note. However, I need alot of 1.5u blanks, that would mean I have to order multiple sets from PMK, which is quite expensive.
You can order individual keys too:
http://keyshop.pimpmykeyboard.com/produ ... blank-keys

Eszett

17 Apr 2015, 13:56

O, that is nice! Thanks janvkn!

welsinki

18 Apr 2015, 21:02

Looking for the Granite Cyrillic kit.

Also any ISO enter keys or mods you´re not using. Just drop me a pm.

ideus

30 May 2015, 06:35

Looking for the greek letters in the international mono-legend set.

Eszett

18 Jun 2015, 09:28

Still looking out for the following caps:
Zwischenablage.jpg
Zwischenablage.jpg (19.75 KiB) Viewed 5287 times

christophocles

26 Jul 2015, 03:41

To whom it may concern,

I'd like to trade for the Granite META key.

Here's your chance to get a key you might have wanted but didn't order in the recent drop.

(That's basically what happened with me & the META key.)

You can take your pic of any of the keys pictured.
granite_for_granite.jpg
granite_for_granite.jpg (531.39 KiB) Viewed 5259 times
yours

christophocles

P.S. I was debating whether to call it a "key" or a "keycap". I ended up going with "key", because not only did it rhyme conveniently with "me", as in "me & the META key", but also because it just rhymed with "conveniently".

W_Hinklebottom

27 Jul 2015, 16:51

I would like to buy any of the Mono Legends anybody doesn't want. I have extra function row and the Icon modifers that don't fit on a 60%board.

lorenzfx

05 Aug 2015, 15:19

I've got a lot of European and some other granite keycaps that I don't need from the recent drop. I'd like to sell or ideally swap those.

As I'm a very new user here, I'd be willing to send the caps to any long time user first (i.e. before receiving swapped caps or money). I'm based in Germany, so I'd be shipping them by Deutsche Post or DHL.

I've got these to trade/sell, please send me a PM if you are interested in any or all (sorry for photos, but caps are mint)

I'm interested in those:

updated 2015-09-14
Last edited by lorenzfx on 14 Sep 2015, 21:18, edited 2 times in total.

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 16:03

Everyone has correctly guessed what key I'm after…

Yoe

05 Aug 2015, 18:18

I'm interested in buying the 1.75U shift key cap. It's in the Granite text pro modifiers kit. I may have caps to trade.

May also have interest in the 1U Alt keys from the same kit or possibly the entire mod kit.

Caeyden

05 Aug 2015, 19:32

I, too, am looking for the Granite Cyrillic Kit.

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 19:34

Everyone is. Besides those few of us who bought it when it was available!

Mwa haha!

macmakkara

05 Aug 2015, 22:30

Muirium wrote: Everyone has correctly guessed what key I'm after…
Mµ? :D

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2015, 22:33

Верный! Естественно.

BigTinz

15 Aug 2015, 04:19

I'm looking for a few text mods.

I need: Both 1.25 Ctrls, one 1.25 Win, one 1.25 Menu, one 1.25 FN, and the blue text ESC from the gamer set. I can also use Super/Meta instead of FN/MENU.

I have a red text ESC and a full Think Different icon mod set (extremely similar to Granite) and, of course, paypal.

projectkevin

20 Aug 2015, 12:06

Anyone selling any of the modifier sets (full set)?

raymogi

21 Aug 2015, 04:36

Anyone selling the base set+icon modifier+enter/esc kit?

Shipping will be international.

ideus

27 Aug 2015, 06:07

I am looking for a 7u space bar, and a couple of 1u blank light gray keys. PMme if you have those leftovers.

Thank you very much for those that already PMed me. DT rocks!
Last edited by ideus on 27 Aug 2015, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

ideus

27 Aug 2015, 14:28

projectkevin wrote: Anyone selling any of the modifier sets (full set)?

You should specified if you are referring to the pro or the standard modifiers version, and if you prefer text, or icon.

raymogi

30 Aug 2015, 17:52

I got my base set and text mods.

So now I need the standard icon mods and gamer set if anyone have any for sale.

zslane

30 Aug 2015, 18:09

Two questions for all the Granite and MassDrop gurus out there:

1. Why is the cyrillic kit so desirable? I figure hardly anyone here actually uses/needs those cyrillic co-legends.

2. I saw the "Request" box on MassDrop which says, "After 200 requests, we’ll contact the vendor to re-launch the drop." There are nearly 2,000 such requests for the Granite drop. Is this re-launch request mechanism total BS or is someone (in a position to meaningfully affect a re-launch) actually paying attention to the follow-on demand for this keycap set?

Muirium
µ

30 Aug 2015, 18:38

1. Most people agreed with you and it was a low selling kit. But I loved the look, and the price was quite reasonable, so I grabbed it, knowing what would happen! People love rare stuff, and pretty stuff like Cyrillic dual language caps. But it takes pictures for most of them to realise they do…

2. Asking the wrong guy. I'm suspicious of them at the best of times. Perhaps SP isn't up to it. You're not likely to find out, with a middle man.

kevral

30 Aug 2015, 19:14

zslane wrote: 2. I saw the "Request" box on MassDrop which says, "After 200 requests, we’ll contact the vendor to re-launch the drop." There are nearly 2,000 such requests for the Granite drop. Is this re-launch request mechanism total BS or is someone (in a position to meaningfully affect a re-launch) actually paying attention to the follow-on demand for this keycap set?
The request box is on all MD's drops by default.
I am sure MD would love to do another run, however in this case, matt3o (the designer) does not want to do another run and he has the final say.

zslane

30 Aug 2015, 20:12

So how is authority over manufacturing and sales of a set divided between a 3rd party designer and SP? Is it the sort of arrangement whereby the designer wholly owns the design (IP) and SP is merely the vendor that "prints" it into existance and sells them OEM/wholesale-style to the designer/re-seller? I suppose if a designer fails to pay for the manufacturing run SP can take ownership of the design, ala DSA Dolch?

Now, why would either matt3o or SP be reluctant to do more runs? That just seems like leaving good money on the table. Especially since all the design work is already done. It's just a matter of firing up the presses and organizing another drop. I mean, I don't quite understand the idea that SP might not be "up to it". This is what they are in business to do, is it not?

Return to “Group buys”