Ergonomic version of HHKB Pro2

scottc

24 Jun 2015, 23:12

+1 for MX blacks with Korean springs. The most tolerable (least intolerable?) Cherry switch

Muirium
µ

24 Jun 2015, 23:25

Lubed, right? (All the necessary witchcraft surrounding MX modding is one of the things that's put me off. Along with the cost of lube and such.)

@Hbar: Blues click like Rice Crispies. High pitched. Quite irritating when close by. Buckling springs are lower pitched, thunking, pinging if they're Model F. I think their noise carries further than blues. Although any clicky switches at all are often considered war crimes when used in public, so I hear again and again. Humbug!

scottc

24 Jun 2015, 23:55

Nah, I don't bother lubing them. I only notice the scratchiness when I push the switch down really slowly beside my ear. I honestly think people over-exaggerate the scratchiness. "Vintage" MX blacks are certainly less scratchy, but it's not as big a difference as is made out. I've got a good few board with the vintage kind (a few NIB ones among them) but I've never been irked enough to want to swap the switches over to my more heavily-used boards.

In fact, I only really swap the springs because I have arthritis in my hands. I started finding that BS was tiring me out quite quickly while using MX blacks at work at the time. I then stopped using the SSK so much at home and put 62g springs in the work board. Much better.

benichka

25 Jun 2015, 07:58

Absolutely off topic but:
hbar wrote: If I had to pick one I'd go for black
Once you go black...
Muirium wrote: Lubed, right?
combined with the quote just before, kinda funny... :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

25 Jun 2015, 11:38

Believe me, if I ever get to name an area of switch modding (unlikely) I've got some good ones lined up. It's all about the innuendo!

First up: "stem", "slider"… pul-lease. The Asians already have the perfect name for them. And I don't mean "axis".

Return to “Keyboards”