PHANTOM Plates (Shipped)

chzel

25 Jun 2015, 21:53

Sorry for the lack of updates, but this week has been a bit messed up...I got the rest of the plates yesterday, but shipping is going a bit slow.
So far I managed to send out 7 orders,
  • Daniel
    theanyday
    morkl
    TBastiani
    shreebles
    quochung1989
    Phill1
and a couple more are going out tomorrow
  • Strafe
    Sayso
    dR.Ugz
I will update the tracking numbers in Paypal tomorrow.
I'm really sorry for the delay, I will do my best to get the remaining orders ready in the weekend.
Thank you for your patience!

Daniel

25 Jun 2015, 22:18

Yeah! \o/ Thanks for doing this chzel :)

Theanyday

27 Jun 2015, 01:00

Aww yeah, thank you! Can't wait! :D

shreebles
Finally 60%

27 Jun 2015, 11:59

I received mine today, thank you!

Looks great, there are two little nicks that I need to sand down, but the rest is just excellent!

Now for the other parts :roll:

dR.Ugz

27 Jun 2015, 21:46

Awesome thanks for the update and all your hard work

chzel

28 Jun 2015, 23:09

As many of you might know (especially Europeans), Greece is in a really shitty situation right now. :evil:
Monday will find us with banks closed and a few days later (a week?) with capital controls in place (limitations on withdrawals and transfers).
Right now almost all orders are packed. The problem is I can't tell when exactly I'll be able to get them sent.
Everything is a bit fluid here. I have enough cash to get them shipped, so no worries in that front!
The problem is time. I work in a bank, and over the weekend we had to go and fill up the ATMs twice, Saturday and today.
I am not really sure how tomorrow is going to work out, so I might miss the Post Office.
Thank you for your understanding and I will update as soon as I can!

Muirium
µ

28 Jun 2015, 23:14

Wow, a Greek Bank. That's a pretty interesting place to be right now, Chzel, and I mean that in that most worrying English understatement kind of way!

scottc

28 Jun 2015, 23:37

Best of luck, Chzel. People can wait for keyboard plates. Your livelihood and safety is more important if it all goes crazy there. Keep us updated on the situation!

chzel

28 Jun 2015, 23:45

Yeah..the whole previous week was crap, but tomorrow is going to be mildly interesting...you know, regular stuff, bank runs, lynch mobs and riots...
On a more serious note though, keeping our cool has never been a strong asset of Greeks, and we have developed a "live and let die" view on serious matters, or as a story goes
"There was a man who worked everyday and carried his wares with his hands and he was broken, his life was miserable, while his neighbour had a donkey to help him carry stuff. One day God appeared and asked him what he wished...After thinking long and hard, the man answered.."I wish for the neighbour's donkey to die."

I'm not sure what to make of the whole situation, but I sure hope for the best...

dR.Ugz

29 Jun 2015, 04:53

scottc wrote: Best of luck, Chzel. People can wait for keyboard plates. Your livelihood and safety is more important if it all goes crazy there. Keep us updated on the situation!
Speak for your self!!!! :evil:
I'm starting to loose my shit here! I JUST CANT WAIT MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!

oh i mean yeah what scottc says! :lol:

TBastiani

29 Jun 2015, 17:48

I got mine today! Thanks chzel. :-)

I have stainless steel and it came a bit bent but it was really easy to straighten out. I'm really excited about this and I'm looking forward to getting my other phantom parts.

Best of luck with the situation in Greece. Keep us updated.

quochung1989
Vintage Cherry Collector

30 Jun 2015, 11:22

TBastiani wrote:
I have stainless steel and it came a bit bent but it was really easy to straighten out.
How to straight it?

shreebles
Finally 60%

30 Jun 2015, 11:26

either bend it back carefully or put it under a stack of heavy books

morkl

30 Jun 2015, 21:26

My plates arrived today, in good shape (i.e. flat). Thanks!

I hope the situation with the economy and whatnot works out well!

Daniel

30 Jun 2015, 21:41

Got mine as well! (already on monday)

chzel

30 Jun 2015, 21:57

I got almost all packages out today, and updated all tracking numbers on Paypal. If you don't get yours PM me!
The ones that will get sent tomorrow are:
jdeblese
mfr000
MichaelBrock
IonutZ
Jersern
hargon

I would appreciate it if you can update when you receive them!
Thank you for your patience.

PS: If the plates arrive a bit twisted, you can sight down the edge and twist them back straight.
There is a weak spot near the right edge of the spacebar cutout where it is more prone to bending.
I did my best to package them, but if any of them arrives too fucked up let me know.

Nuum

01 Jul 2015, 02:05

Where there any further problems with the aluminium plates?

strafe

01 Jul 2015, 03:12

Thanks chzel, tracking number came in an email today. I'll let you know when it arrives.

dR.Ugz

01 Jul 2015, 10:52

Can someone tell me how thick the steal plate is? I'm drafting up a design for the case. I have a bamboo cutting board that has been taking up space in my kitchen that i'm going to use. should look pretty bad ass! :D

Nuum

01 Jul 2015, 11:01

Should be 1.5mm.

meow a cat

01 Jul 2015, 12:34

Anyone who's received their order already want to share some pictures? I'd love to see. :D

morkl

01 Jul 2015, 17:41

meow a cat wrote: Anyone who's received their order already want to share some pictures? I'd love to see. :D
Sorry for the potato quality; I was too busy butchering my ErgoDox for switches to get out a real camera ;)

If only the PCBs, cases and the rest of the switches would arrive soon...
Attachments
Plate with MX clear switches
Plate with MX clear switches
DSC_0009_1000.jpg (953.13 KiB) Viewed 5540 times

dR.Ugz

01 Jul 2015, 18:04

Nuum wrote: Should be 1.5mm.
thnx 8-)

chzel

01 Jul 2015, 18:49

I sent all remaining orders today and will update tracking info later tonight!
Thank you all for being so great!

chzel

01 Jul 2015, 18:51

dR.Ugz wrote:
Nuum wrote: Should be 1.5mm.
thnx 8-)
They are indeed 1.5mm thickness

MichaelBrock

01 Jul 2015, 18:55

Excellent! Thanks, again, for putting this together.

Does anyone know offhand the diameter of the two holes for the LEDs in the top-right corner? My cad skills aren't up to the task of figuring it out and I'd like to order some LED holders to have ready.

Michael

chzel

01 Jul 2015, 19:03

Gimme a sec

1/4 in or 6.35mm

I need sleep.
CAD says 0.3 in (7.6mm) but my calipers say 7.35mm.

MichaelBrock

01 Jul 2015, 19:43

I was just about to reply that the narrowest holder I can find is 8mm/.3in. My plan was to drill the hole out a bit, and might need to still but not by much. Thank for checking.

Michael

chzel

01 Jul 2015, 20:06

How are you going to use the plate? Without a case?

MichaelBrock

01 Jul 2015, 20:11

I will be hand-wiring and making a shallow (as I can) wood case.

Return to “Group buys”