[IC] xwhatsit Beam Spring controllers

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

23 Apr 2015, 04:47

Yeah, I don't care if it is hand assembled or machine built either.

Ellipse

29 Apr 2015, 19:01

At this point it looks like I will be ordering the beamsprings factory made and assembled in China, and possibly the solenoid drivers as well. Displaywriter beamsprings and those with soldered on controllers will not work with this beamspring controller.

A few controllers have not yet been claimed from this run. Let me know soon if you want one!

Pricing: $43 per beamspring controller, $25 to $30 per solenoid driver, $5 US tracked / $6 int'l untracked shipping per order.

If you reserved one please PM me or reply below that you agree to buy from me what you reserved, now that we know the prices. I want to break even on this order! I will collect payments in 4-6 weeks when they are ready.

photekq
Cherry Picker

29 Apr 2015, 19:03

I'll buy one :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 Apr 2015, 03:05

Well, I have a Displaywriter, so I'm out.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

30 Apr 2015, 04:31

Yes, Ellipse and I have talked, this is true.

For the Displaywriters, phosphorglow and I still plan to assemble by hand because a production run would be much more expensive. I'm thinking like 10 or so would be a good number. I don't expect the final price to be over $50.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 Apr 2015, 04:43

Well, with the keyboard sales and other things I'm not baking my own PCB any time soon. Put me down for one of your Displaywriter boards prdlm2009. Either that or I'll buy directly from xwhatsit.

Ellipse

07 May 2015, 03:55

I will be handling the beamspring controller order. The price is confirmed at $43 each plus $5 US /$6 intl shipping per order. If you haven't already, please let me know you're OK with your requested quantity so I can lock in the price and place the order. It should take 5 weeks or so if all goes well.

The displaywriter beamspring controllers and solenoid drivers will be handled by others.

orihalcon

07 May 2015, 06:29

I am having the Solenoid drivers made. Will post when they are available, hopefully within 2-3 weeks. I will individually test them prior to shipping to make sure that each one works. Solenoid drivers will be $25 each including USA shipping.
International shipping will be fore the actual cost, but I wouldn't imagine it being more than $6 in a padded bubble mailer.

I currently have model F xWhatsit controllers @ $35 shipped to the USA, and will do some sort of combined discount if you buy solenoid drivers along with these.

I'm also having some Model F 3178 adapters that are needed to use 3178 Model F's with the Model F xWhatsit controller. I assume many of the solenoids will come from those and it would be a shame for the rest of the keyboard to go to waste.

Touch_It

07 May 2015, 06:39

Oh my. I need to see if I could come up with some funds.

alinh

13 May 2015, 08:11

Added myself to the spreadsheet for one solenoid controller.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

14 May 2015, 22:13

Phosphorglow has told me that he will order and assemble the displaywriter controller boards soon. He plans to put them available for sale on his website. http://phosphorglow.net/

The run only is for 9, because we only have 6 or 7 people that have shown interest. Anticipated price is $50 shipped. We'll keep you updated.

Ellipse

12 Jun 2015, 22:54

The beamspring controller boards are here!

I have some extras if you wanted one for elecplus's beamspring find.
20150612_163423.jpg
20150612_163423.jpg (414.75 KiB) Viewed 17908 times
20150612_163407.jpg
20150612_163407.jpg (513.6 KiB) Viewed 17908 times

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

12 Jun 2015, 23:10

vivalarevolución wrote: Phosphorglow has told me that he will order and assemble the displaywriter controller boards soon. He plans to put them available for sale on his website. http://phosphorglow.net/

The run only is for 9, because we only have 6 or 7 people that have shown interest. Anticipated price is $50 shipped. We'll keep you updated.
I'm in for two now as I have a second Displaywriter headed my way (!).

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

12 Jun 2015, 23:38

Couple questions, do the solenoid drivers only work with the beamspring controllers? In other words, could I use one on my unsaver?

And can I reserve a beamspring controller but possibly buy based on the possibility of getting one in elecplus's thread?
Last edited by Redmaus on 13 Jun 2015, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.

chzel

12 Jun 2015, 23:55

Ellipse what's the price on those?
Also do you have solenoid drivers?

Ellipse

13 Jun 2015, 00:52

Pricing: $43 per beamspring controller, $5 US tracked / $6 int'l untracked / $25 int'l tracked shipping per order.

Solenoid drivers are I believe $25 shipped from orihalcon - not sure if they work with Model F's Red.

Sure you can reserve one Red - just add yourself to the google docs page in the first thread.

Touch_It

13 Jun 2015, 01:49

Redmaus wrote: Couple questions, do the solenoid drivers only work with the beamspring controllers? In other words, could I use one on my unsaver?

And can I reserve a beamspring controller but possibly buy based on the possibility of getting one in elecplus's thread?
You can most definitely use one in your unsaver if it is converted with an xwhatsit F controller. I would make sure to mount it to metal if possible, otherwise it might sound plasticy. They are super easy to setup/configure.

Ellipse

16 Jun 2015, 05:03

Does anyone know the oscilloscope testing procedure for the xwhatsit beamspring controllers? I haven't been able to get a hold of xwhatsit in recent weeks. I have his PDF for testing model F's with his GUI and an oscilloscope but am not sure how best to test the beamspring controllers. (Besides of course plugging the controllers into my beamsprings one by one and testing each key)

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 Jun 2015, 01:35

Just wanted to share an update on the displaywriter controllers. Phosphorglow put in an order for 9 controllers with the PCB manufacturer and he says they should be ready to ship by the end of July. Sorry for the delay, we're from the Midwest, the labor unions don't let us work too hard.

Here is a link to the preorder on his webpage: http://phosphorglow.net/store/products/ ... ontroller/

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Jun 2015, 01:38

At last! Since last time I've acquired a second Displaywriter. So I'm in for two of them. Let me see about doing that pre-order thing... done! Two Displaywriter controllers pre-ordered.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 Jun 2015, 04:12

XMIT wrote: At last! Since last time I've acquired a second Displaywriter. So I'm in for two of them. Let me see about doing that pre-order thing... done! Two Displaywriter controllers pre-ordered.
I was afraid that interest might increase from the original tally...

Ellipse

02 Jul 2015, 03:57

Payment requests for the beamspring controllers have been sent! I have extras in case anyone else is interested in ordering one before I run out.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

16 Jul 2015, 22:29

Phosphorglow has told me that 5 displaywriter beam spring controllers still are available. Some parts are in, the rest are on order, assembly is expected to begin next week:

http://phosphorglow.net/store/products/ ... ontroller/

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

16 Jul 2015, 22:32

I ordered two Displaywriter boards. Who else did?

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

16 Jul 2015, 23:10

I ordered one.

tlt

16 Jul 2015, 23:43

I would order one if i had something to connect it to :-(

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

16 Jul 2015, 23:49

tlt wrote: I would order one if i had something to connect it to :-(
Order for future hope. I have two beam spring controllers and nothing to connect them to.

andrewjoy

17 Jul 2015, 00:41

do you have any Solenoid drivers in white ?

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

17 Jul 2015, 22:30

andrewjoy wrote: do you have any Solenoid drivers in white ?
I think that's orihalcon doing those?

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

25 Jul 2015, 05:21

Any updates here? Now that I've experienced just how awesome the Model M controller board is, I'm looking forward to getting my Displaywriter boards working too!

Return to “Group buys”