WASD Keyboards Group Buy Order Form [US COMPLETE, EU DELIVERED]

pizza_is_a_lie

05 Jul 2015, 17:40

m8 wat u sayin we gunna rip off dem europe ppl all the tymez

Yeah, I'll keep looking. There must be a way!

pizza_is_a_lie

05 Jul 2015, 17:45

You're right. Yodel are, in fact, cheaper for SOME countries. But they're not cheaper for Switzerland and Sweden, the two European countries beside the UK who have responded to the form. This has opened a right can of worms!

citronbleuv

06 Jul 2015, 02:14

Hello,

I'm interesting by " CODE 87-Key Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Clear ".
I live in France. I answered at survey.

Thanks for this initiative because the price is too expensive out US. :)

pizza_is_a_lie

06 Jul 2015, 08:17

No problem! Thanks for your support, keep your eyes peeled :3

citronbleuv

06 Jul 2015, 18:21

For the moment, How many peopel are interested by this Group Buy ?

pizza_is_a_lie

06 Jul 2015, 20:15

citronbleuv wrote: For the moment, How many peopel are interested by this Group Buy ?
13! But that includes 2 from the US and 1 from Australia. 10 at worst! :)

pizza_is_a_lie

06 Jul 2015, 20:33

Big thank you to everyone who's responded so far! 14 responses with 11 from Europe already! Please, if you're interested in the slightest, get in touch. Ask me questions! Even if you're only after accessories from their store, let me know! :geek:

pizza_is_a_lie

07 Jul 2015, 20:41

Updated with provisional timeline and US/RoW opportunity :D

pizza_is_a_lie

08 Jul 2015, 17:43

Just a quick shout to SweClockers who have paid interest to this post. I hope you all get involved! Please, get in touch, fill in the interest check or message/email me with any questions!

Perhaps somebody could proxy in Swe so you could save on shipping from the UK to Swe? :) I currently have 2 people from Sweden involved!

Bara en snabb shout till SweClockers som har betalat ränta till det här inlägget. Jag hoppas att ni alla engagera! Snälla, ta kontakt, fyll i kontrollen eller meddelande intresse/maila mig med eventuella frågor!

Kanske någon kan proxy i Swe så att du kan spara på sjöfarten från Storbritannien till Swe? :) Jag har för närvarande 2 personer från Sverige deltar!

Khers

08 Jul 2015, 18:56

Loving the google translate or whatever :)

pizza_is_a_lie

08 Jul 2015, 19:08

Haha! Damn. I tried! :P

pizza_is_a_lie

09 Jul 2015, 00:32

Guys,

Just a quick, disappointing update from me.

The courier for deliveries between the States and UK has fallen through. Thus, the WASD shipping quote is the cheapest I can currently find. This may see the prices mentioned rise by around $10.

pizza_is_a_lie

09 Jul 2015, 21:19

Order form posted!

Militias

09 Jul 2015, 23:05

@pizza_is_a_lie
would you mind if I started a thread on SweClockers to try and help spread the word about this group buy?

pizza_is_a_lie

09 Jul 2015, 23:09

Militias - please, feel free! I'd be honored!

Just to let you all know, I was having a few issues with the form. A new one has just been posted! Apologies!

Muirium
µ

09 Jul 2015, 23:10

Scandinavians get hit by the worst shipping I know. Check to see if a direct shipment from WASD makes more sense for you up there. Britain's pretty expensive to ship out of at the best of times, and you could get hit badly going via here.

Nothing against Pizza's noble efforts, but a statement of fact as someone who's had to pay time and again just by living here!

pizza_is_a_lie

09 Jul 2015, 23:22

Muirium is right, Militas. If you could get the interest, I can pass this information on to WASD who would be happy to ship direct!

citronbleuv

09 Jul 2015, 23:42

Hello, if takes CODE 87-Key (TKL) ANSI - Clears (UK/EU: $180/£116/€162, Rest of World $135/£88/€123)
Its ~162€ + 30€ for EU (France) so 182€ in total with the tax ?

Thanks

pizza_is_a_lie

09 Jul 2015, 23:44

Close, €192 and that's delivered to your door, all taxes, everything :D

pcaro

09 Jul 2015, 23:55

Reasons to buy the CODE-87? €192 is a lot of money. You can get a Novatouch with it. I need a new TKL for comming round 5 keycaps and need advice. Clears must be good switches (I am used to brown) but CM has Topre... Only if it were programmable
Last edited by pcaro on 09 Jul 2015, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.

citronbleuv

09 Jul 2015, 23:57

Ho my god. That bad calcul lol.

citronbleuv

10 Jul 2015, 00:02

I have a steelseries dark swicth. Not very top to code. And no windows touch (in linux gnome is bad :{ ).
And yes 192€ is lot of money. since the web site it's 226€. Do you have test geen or blue switch ?

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 00:15

pcaro: Code is backlit, micro USB, function keys, artisans will actually fit on it because it's a Cherry switch not a Cherry stem :P, better stock caps than Novatouch. Very heavy and durable (why it's expensive to ship!)

citronbleuv: I'll forgive you, it's getting late :P Do I have a test switch? Afraid I don't but I've used one in the past! There's some great videos out there too.

pcaro

10 Jul 2015, 00:17

I have black and brown (using now) keyboards. I also tested blue and red ones (but little time). I have a CM switch tester, and using it (not the best to be sure!) I think clears are the best switch for me. But I have not tested alps or Topre. I had a Model M but I was 8 years old ;-D and I don't remeber the feeling.

My question is why spend almost 192€ in a Code keyboard? Whats the differences with Filco or Ducky. I am a programmer and linux user too, a rookie with mechanical keyboardsand, but in my opinion for this price levels maybe a Novatouch or a Truly Ergonomic are best alternatives.

citronbleuv

10 Jul 2015, 00:21

pcaro

10 Jul 2015, 00:29

For me, backlit is a expensive feature (not very usefull for a touch typper) because I dont find where the Code is better than my Keycool 5000 from 80€ (I don't need DIP switches).
pizza_is_a_lie wrote: pcaro: Code is backlit, micro USB, function keys, artisans will actually fit on it because it's a Cherry switch not a Cherry stem :P, better stock caps than Novatouch. Very heavy and durable (why it's expensive to ship!)

citronbleuv: I'll forgive you, it's getting late :P Do I have a test switch? Afraid I don't but I've used one in the past! There's some great videos out there too.

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 00:34

For me, my requirements are: something heavier than Browns, TKL, a subtle backlight and ISO. There's not much else on the market which fits the bill for me! ;) I own a Ducky Mini and it's fine but I also want a board which is less common here in the UK. :P

Edit: I will also mention that I hope that the prices will be lower than those I have on the order form. I can't promise anything but I anticipate it to be less. Just updated the main post to reflect this :)
Last edited by pizza_is_a_lie on 10 Jul 2015, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 00:41

An example as follows:

The price in the group buy for shipping is a worst-case price. For example, shipping to France with ParcelMonkey will only cost £15.62 which is about €22. There's €8 saved already! :mrgreen:

pizza_is_a_lie

10 Jul 2015, 00:44

pcaro wrote: For me, backlit is a expensive feature (not very usefull for a touch typper) because I dont find where the Code is better than my Keycool 5000 from 80€ (I don't need DIP switches).
Have you look at the WASD V2?

pcaro

10 Jul 2015, 00:46

Is the CODE better build than the Filco Majestouch-2? Cheaper and I think you can use a costar replacement controller... I am a rookie with mechanical keyboards and I don't understand such price differences in keyboards with (apparently or for me) similar specs. Maybe is like in cars: you have Renault, Audi, Mercedes etc. In cars you not only pay for the car but also for the social status that gives you...

Return to “Group buys”