Getting Back on Track

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

11 Jul 2015, 15:59

It's been couple of rough weeks for me. I have had some pretty serious health issues that have pretty much stopped all my keyboard projects. I am on the mend and will be getting back on track this upcoming week but will be behind for a while. For those of you who have agreed to be testers I will update you via PM when things are ready. I won't be following posts on DT for a couple of weeks while I work on getting caught up so if anyone has any questions for me or thinks I need to be aware of something please send me a PM, I will be checking the inbox daily.

Yesterday the post lady left me a note that my IZOT Military keyboard was ready to pick up at the post office. Just in time for my birthday. I am looking forward to tearing it down and documenting it as soon as I get the chance. :)

Muirium
µ

11 Jul 2015, 16:09

Heh, I know that feels, over more or less the same time. (A little while in hospital after a head injury. Now at home with my broken rib.) Focus is hard. Do what you need to do. And don't worry about our patience, it's still summer and we're plenty distracted!

Best of luck.

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

11 Jul 2015, 17:47

The IZOT has arrived. I will post a thread on it sometime soon, but my first impressions are that the switches are pretty decent, the caps are horrible and the case is amazing. From the outside it appears to be very well built and solid. :D
Attachments
bkey.jpg
bkey.jpg (793.75 KiB) Viewed 1152 times

pyrelink

11 Jul 2015, 19:09

Get well, Rsbseb. We will all be here when ever you are back on your feet. I am very excited to see a tear down of that keyboard too. I absolutely love military and milspec keyboards.

Muirium
µ

11 Jul 2015, 20:42

I wonder what's displeasing about the caps. They look like tall spherical doubleshots from here!

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

11 Jul 2015, 20:54

Square topped sphericals that are engraved. I'll get some good pictures when I get time to break it down. I'm already thinking reproduction if for no other reason than to build one for use as a daily driver. I really like the feal of the switches, i think new set of caps would make it very nice

Muirium
µ

11 Jul 2015, 21:00

You've gotten the modern caps on vintage switch bug. Very good! Everything but MX is needing some love.

Return to “Off-topic”