Group Build prototyping phase

scottc

15 Jul 2015, 12:13

Wahey! Thanks, Mu. That was totally unsubtle spam.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 12:17

Do you reckon I should manually edit the links to the ever relevant spam.com or just hit the delete all posts button? I see some non-spammy interactions, but when people reply to those, they might be disappointed to find they're talking to /dev/null.

chzel

15 Jul 2015, 12:18

I guess spamifying the offending links should suffice.
I really don't like missing posts in threads.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

15 Jul 2015, 12:18

delete. (this post included)

scottc

15 Jul 2015, 12:19

I prefer spamification.

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 12:21

I'm going for delete. Seeing as the only responses so far are us!

Oh my… you guys weren't kidding about his profile.
SIGNATURE
Hi, I'm Brett, 19, and lover of Mechanical Keywords. Also check out FCUK Threaded Brass Inserts. :D
What's your favourite mechanical keyboard? PM me!

scottc

15 Jul 2015, 12:57

Now the discussion is disjointed and confusing:
Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 11.55.45.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-15 at 11.55.45.png (92.16 KiB) Viewed 4758 times

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 12:58

As Matteo said, I can delete ours too.

The issue I wanted to avoid was the spammer's questions and comments to people across several threads. Who likes talking to a brick wall?

And yes I'm lazy. You got me! (I did all this from bed, still recovering from the broken rib. Editing multiple posts in an iPhone is worse!)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

15 Jul 2015, 15:50

I think a solution similar to this would be the best:
http://deskthority.net/f-o-r-s-a-l-e-f5 ... tml#p93525
but of course with another text :mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

15 Jul 2015, 16:39

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

18 Jul 2015, 15:01

Just want you to know this board is sick and I hope it will be wildly popular.

b1gtuna

22 Jul 2015, 08:31

Hm, sorry I haven't been able to follow on the status of this project. When can I place an order for it? Or is it too late?

Madhias
BS TORPE

22 Jul 2015, 08:33

It has not started yet!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 Jul 2015, 09:12

this is mostly my fault, I'm obsessed by details. There are many manufacturers involved and every small modification to the design starts a chain reaction that slows down the whole process.

Anyway we are at 99% now, let's hope it's not one of those windows progress bars that stop at 99% forever.

b1gtuna

22 Jul 2015, 09:46

awesome! I look forward. H/W is hard. Has to be 100% perfect. No such thing as rolling updates!

kylelakyle

27 Jul 2015, 06:02

matt3o wrote: Finally! I should be receiving a couple of prototypes next week!

Just as a reminder the GB will include:
- PCB (white!)
- Alu Plates (with countersunk screws)
- Case (polycarb)
- Feet
- Stabs (costar)
- PBT/dyesub kycaps (if you want them)
- blue LED (if you want them)
Guys I'm super excited when I found this. I've been looking for 60/65% keyboard with arrow keys for a while now. I have a couple of questions.
There're no switches included so there won't be an option to get a fully assembled board in the groupbuy right? (I'm not too comfortable with my soldering)
Are gateron switches compatible with this board? Because if I'm gonna buy my own switches and assemble my own board I would love to try gateron.

Thanks a lot!

pyrelink

27 Jul 2015, 06:10

Gaterons are Cherry clones that have pretty much the same pin position as Cherry switches, so they should be just fine in this board.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jul 2015, 07:39

yes switches will be available too, gateron probably because cherry are hard to find.

flipjsio

27 Jul 2015, 23:30

I hope at least cherry clears is an option too, because there is no gateron equivalent to that. But then again, mx clears are rare. Oh well.

scottc

27 Jul 2015, 23:31

You can buy switches from lots of places, you know...

shrubbry

31 Jul 2015, 20:22

...including, perhaps, Zeal's new Gateron "Ergo Clears."

PixelPrimer

01 Aug 2015, 07:43

First post I am very interested in buying the "Matt-3" for my MX Tactile Grey only build

matt3o
-[°_°]-

01 Aug 2015, 09:08

I'm now waiting for the keycaps... gosh I hate waiting for manufacturers...

matt3o
-[°_°]-

03 Aug 2015, 12:39

getting there. first prototype of the PBT set.

Need some work, but it's nice to hold it on my hands anyway :)

Ch3rry

04 Aug 2015, 21:24

matt3o wrote: I'm now waiting for the keycaps... gosh I hate waiting for manufacturers...
This looks great. What manufacturer did you use?

zvans18

12 Aug 2015, 05:24

It's hard to look though 50+ pages, but I'm EXTREMELY interested in buying if this can be almost a standard Neutrino, which the layout looks like first in post 233871, but with a PCB. Unfortunately Jack doesn't have plans to do a PCB soon.

shrubbry

12 Aug 2015, 16:55

matt3o: Somewhere in the middle of this thread there were plans to allow a split spacebar - with spaces for Cherry switches taking the place of Cherry stabs. Did that prove unfeasible? I'm assuming going full-scale Bianca is totally incompatible...

pyrelink

12 Aug 2015, 19:05

Bianca was by far my favorite thing to come out of this group build thread. I forget exactly what the final outcome was on it (could probably search the thread to find out) but I think it lost in the department of mass appeal and if I recall correctly there were a few tweaks Matt3o would have wanted to make. Bianca will always be a board that I would love to own one day, so maybe one day if we had more interest we could take what Matt has learned from Bianca and make a Bianca 2.0...

But enough wishful thinking. For now we still need the Elf Board to take off the ground!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

12 Aug 2015, 19:51

this 65% is my dream keyboard and something I really wanted to do since the beginning of my journey in mechanical keyboards.

we are really close now but I wanted to do everything (pcb, keycaps, case, feet, ...), this turned out an incredibly daunting project and the next time I will probably do things differently.

that being said, I'm all for nice new projects, and bianca is definitely a keyboard that we should investigate further. So if there's really interest I'd love to work on Bianca v2.0 as my next keyboard project.

shrubbry

12 Aug 2015, 20:01

That would be wonderful!! With regard to the original question, though: I was pretty sure Bianca couldn't coexist on the same PCB. Was a split spacebar (replacing spacebar stabs with switches) also a no-go?

Return to “Workshop”