[IC] ANSI & ISO TKL phantom plate.(modeled by Joey Quinn) JD40 style.

chzel

10 Jul 2015, 16:42

Yes.

wafflepc

10 Jul 2015, 16:54

Data wrote: Really dumb question, I just need a sanity check. The Phantom PCB supports 6.25 space bar, right?
Yup! the plate is modeled, both ISO and ANSI plates, with a 6.25u space bar!

Data

10 Jul 2015, 17:41

chzel wrote: Yes.
wafflepc wrote:
Data wrote: Really dumb question, I just need a sanity check. The Phantom PCB supports 6.25 space bar, right?
Yup! the plate is modeled, both ISO and ANSI plates, with a 6.25u space bar!
Thanks. ;)

skiwithpete

10 Jul 2015, 19:39

wafflepc wrote: Files for ANSI and ISO plates are finished!
Does the final file version include holes for the feet like the JD40?

retrochick

10 Jul 2015, 21:19

meow a cat wrote:
retrochick wrote: Interested if this will fit a QFR pcb and if we can get it down to under $100 :)
I don't think it will fit a QFR, the plate needs a cutout for the controller over the arrow keys for the QFR and Filco.
Ooo I see. :/

Still might be in if I convince myself to get a phantom pcb.

meow a cat

10 Jul 2015, 21:34

retrochick wrote:
meow a cat wrote:
retrochick wrote: Interested if this will fit a QFR pcb and if we can get it down to under $100 :)
I don't think it will fit a QFR, the plate needs a cutout for the controller over the arrow keys for the QFR and Filco.

I don't know for sure, but that's what it looks like to me. Perhaps someone involved with the GB can confirm if they've used some sort of keyboard sorcery to make it fit?

Getting a Phantom PCB sounds like a good idea though! I love my Phantom so much, I'm building a second one. :mrgreen:

wafflepc

12 Jul 2015, 03:01

skiwithpete wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
There is, just posted it yesterday. No ones bitten though :/ Im not sure of the exact prices, get those next week, but it should be cheaper then before.
Did you post on Reddit? Mechmarket?
Reddit and geekhack and here of course. Not on mechmarket.

wafflepc

12 Jul 2015, 03:02

retrochick wrote:
meow a cat wrote:

It will definitely be under $100

skiwithpete

12 Jul 2015, 06:04

wafflepc wrote:
skiwithpete wrote:
Did you post on Reddit? Mechmarket?
Reddit and geekhack and here of course. Not on mechmarket.
https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/new/

it would be good to post a group buy note there...

Data

14 Jul 2015, 19:10

My PCB is ready. :)

wafflepc

16 Jul 2015, 02:16

skiwithpete wrote:
wafflepc wrote: Files for ANSI and ISO plates are finished!
Does the final file version include holes for the feet like the JD40?
Yup!

wafflepc

18 Jul 2015, 02:09

Final version for the plate is finished! Now I will pricecheck with one more source, and then start asking for people to PM me if definetly interested.

Data

24 Jul 2015, 23:21

Any update, waffles?

wafflepc

29 Jul 2015, 16:29

Data wrote: Any update, waffles?
Sorry, I was in colorado for the week. Just got back yesterday late last night. I will pricecheck very soon.

LeandreN

29 Jul 2015, 16:30

wafflepc wrote:
Sorry, I was in colorado for the week. Just got back yesterday late last night. I will pricecheck very soon.
I have a supplier :) !

wafflepc

29 Jul 2015, 22:59

LeandreN wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
I have a supplier :) !
Plates will be $30 dollars each! Also there is anodizing available for the plates. I will make the new forum soon!

Data

29 Jul 2015, 23:05

wafflepc wrote: Plates will be $30 dollars each! Also there is anodizing available for the plates. I will make the new forum soon!
Nice! Is that $30 for the set (top & bottom)?

If so, I'll be ordering 2. :D

wafflepc

30 Jul 2015, 00:59

Data wrote:
wafflepc wrote: Plates will be $30 dollars each! Also there is anodizing available for the plates. I will make the new forum soon!
Nice! Is that $30 for the set (top & bottom)?

If so, I'll be ordering 2. :D
yup! 30 for the whole thing!

skiwithpete

30 Jul 2015, 05:07

wafflepc wrote:
what? OMG OMG. Do it. What colors?

Data

30 Jul 2015, 15:28

skiwithpete wrote:
wafflepc wrote:
You can have any color you want, as long as it's brushed stainless.

Edit: That was a (bad) joke.

skiwithpete

31 Jul 2015, 15:54

Data wrote:
skiwithpete wrote:
You can have any color you want, as long as it's brushed stainless.

Edit: That was a (bad) joke.
Your (bad) joke helped me learn a lot about anodization.

Data

31 Jul 2015, 16:12

Well I'm glad it wasn't completely lost to the ether. :D

skiwithpete

01 Aug 2015, 19:43

What's the timeline looking like on this? I know it would be rough at this point, but wonder if you're planning on shipping in the summer, fall or winter.

LeandreN

01 Aug 2015, 19:43

skiwithpete wrote:What's the timeline looking like on this? I know it would be rough at this point, but wonder if you're planning on shipping in the summer, fall or winter.
Everything is ready for sampling :)

wafflepc

02 Aug 2015, 12:38

skiwithpete wrote: What's the timeline looking like on this? I know it would be rough at this point, but wonder if you're planning on shipping in the summer, fall or winter.
Late summer. Sorry it's been slow. I'm actually going to make the group buy soon, but I want to do it off my phone, and I can't really get to my computer for a day or two. Also, colors will cost extra.

Findecanor

02 Aug 2015, 16:07

So there are going to be separate ANSI and ISO plates now. I thought so, because the Phantom PCB does not have support for PCB-mounted stabilisers.
chzel wrote: Aluminium at 1.5mm is flexible enough to cause trouble in a PCB-less TKL.
Stainless is way more stiff, minimal bending.
That depends on the tempering of the metal. I have steel plates taken out of vintage keyboards that are more flexible than first-run Phantom plates that were made of aluminium.

wafflepc

02 Aug 2015, 16:12

Findecanor wrote: So there are going to be separate ANSI and ISO plates now. I thought so, because the Phantom PCB does not have support for PCB-mounted stabilisers.
chzel wrote: Aluminium at 1.5mm is flexible enough to cause trouble in a PCB-less TKL.
That depends on the tempering of the metal. I have steel plates taken out of vintage keyboards that are more flexible than first-run Phantom plates that were made of aluminium.
This will be made of stainless!

wafflepc

02 Aug 2015, 16:45

wafflepc wrote:
Findecanor wrote: So there are going to be separate ANSI and ISO plates now. I thought so, because the Phantom PCB does not have support for PCB-mounted stabilisers.
This will be made of stainless!
Nevermind it is aluminum.

skiwithpete

02 Aug 2015, 21:23

Didn't realize this. Is this the case? (Pun intended)

chzel

02 Aug 2015, 23:02

Yes, the cutouts necessary for universal ANSI/ISO make mounting plate-mount stabs impossible, so you need PCB mount and Phantom PCB doesn't support them!

Return to “Group buys”