[CLOSED - DUD LEAD] Beamsprings!

Ellipse

30 Jul 2015, 05:04

Interested!

Ratfink

30 Jul 2015, 05:21

I'm interested too, but since we only have confirmation of three, I doubt I'll be able to get one.

squishygnomes

30 Jul 2015, 06:19

If by some miracle there are enough I'm interested.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

30 Jul 2015, 09:39

What's the situation on this photekq? Talked to that company again?

daedalus
Buckler Of Springs

30 Jul 2015, 14:49

Muirium wrote:
photekq wrote: I thought that ended up being some other switch.. :o
Did it? A fantastic wee thing in any case. Webwit described it as a "5251 66-key variant" back on Xwhatsit's controller thread, which is where I first saw it:

http://deskthority.net/post118074.html#p118074
It's actually a 3277 keyboard. The mini 5251 looks something like:

And only ever came in data entry layout.

Muirium
µ

30 Jul 2015, 14:58

Thanks for the clarification. I am hopelessly dyslexic when it comes to numbers, so I only ever quote other people on all this IBMese.

In any case, they're both tasty. And I have zero hopes to pull them out of a haul with just a handful of beamsprings. Too rare. They need a lot of searching. More so than common or garden 3278s.

vinnycordeiro

30 Jul 2015, 16:14

Interested.

photekq
Cherry Picker

30 Jul 2015, 16:15

seebart wrote: What's the situation on this photekq? Talked to that company again?
Ugh, nothing yet... It's a one response per day kind of thing.

Talked to one person who told me they had those 3, and possibly more. Responded with a long list of part numbers. Then got a response from a different person asking "Did you get assistance from us? What other ongoing IT or computer hardware needs might you have?"..

:lol:

Muirium
µ

30 Jul 2015, 16:20

Welcome to Cindy's world!

seebart

30 Jul 2015, 16:43

Hmm well thanks photekq. Those people are in a different "zone".

andrewjoy

30 Jul 2015, 16:54

:( I wanted a set of the back and grey caps :(

Muirium
µ

30 Jul 2015, 17:03

There is in fact a shirt for that.

Evilcamels

30 Jul 2015, 17:09

interested like everyone else!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

30 Jul 2015, 17:49

I registered interest over on the GH version of this thread. I want one too. Everyone does.

My advice with items like beam spring keyboards is bring them in first, and then only advertise sales when you are ready to ship them. Otherwise it just turns into yet another "let's get everyone's hopes up over nothing" thread.

I have two Displaywriter keyboards in the house and will post when I'm ready to sell them. Maybe once the xwhatsit boards are in I'll sell one.

orihalcon

31 Jul 2015, 00:38

Would be interested in at least one of each layout that I do not already have.

If you need the funds and a proxy to do a group buy if they are located in the USA, I might be able to do the actual purchasing and then redistribute, though international shipping is going to be a lot on these since they weigh between 10-16lbs I believe.

The one you have pictured in the original post is from a 3101 is it not? Is the guy you are talking to named "Rich?" I contacted a "Rich" at one point and wasn't able to get very far on getting any info other than that he had some 3101's. Think he wanted $300 for them.

He also spoke of a large inventory that was only searchable by part number, but wasn't actually able to look at the available boards for me if any others were the same vintage or style which was kind of frustrating. You'd think if you had a giant warehouse of keyboards and someone was willing to pay several hundreds of dollars each, that you'd go take a look and see how many you actually have of that variety.

Only reason I can really see for wanting a part number is if the boards aren't in-hand and he then contacts his past suppliers with that list hoping to get some hits.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

31 Jul 2015, 02:31

Interested but I know I am too late.

idollar
i$

31 Jul 2015, 07:39

Well, what can I say. I am interested as always.
Actually I am VERY interested.

seebart

31 Jul 2015, 08:14

don't get your hopes up too high idollar...

photekq
Cherry Picker

31 Jul 2015, 09:16

orihalcon wrote: The one you have pictured in the original post is from a 3101 is it not? Is the guy you are talking to named "Rich?" I contacted a "Rich" at one point and wasn't able to get very far on getting any info other than that he had some 3101's. Think he wanted $300 for them.
Not the same person or price :oops:

seebart

31 Jul 2015, 09:20

photekq wrote: Not the same person or price :oops:
Good, don't give up on this photekq! :P

scottc

31 Jul 2015, 09:42

Was the guy "Rich"? No, but he will be once we buy all of his keyboards!

idollar
i$

31 Jul 2015, 11:17

seebart wrote: don't get your hopes up too high idollar...
I know ... :?

Vizir

31 Jul 2015, 17:39

I'd be down for one.

Muirium
µ

31 Jul 2015, 17:56

HEY POTEQ. THE SECOND DOZEN BREAMSLINGS ARE BELONG TO ME. KAY. JUST THIUGHT I'D LET YOU KNOW. ALSO CAN YOU AND ME KEEP THIS DEAL LOW KEY? CHEERS, LUV YA MAN.

Ch3rry

31 Jul 2015, 17:57

I am also interested.

elecplus

01 Aug 2015, 04:27

There are several subscription only sites in the US (some also serve Europe) that list every PN of every vendor who subscribes. These are not avail to the public, but they do sell them to other sellers to list on their website. Some sellers, like Code Micro, never owned ANYTHING in their own inventory. Everything wa blind drop shipped.

The disadvantage is that only pristine keyboards that have been refurbished and are customer ready are listed on the subscriptions, so they are expensive.

There is an outfit in Calif that has Model Fs that are missing caps, extremely dirty, no cables, etc. Untested and prob non-working. And they still wanted $100 each for them. I told them to forget it, gave them a reasonable price, and they hung up on me.

dzhoou

01 Aug 2015, 04:49

elecplus wrote: There is an outfit in Calif that has Model Fs that are missing caps, extremely dirty, no cables, etc. Untested and prob non-working. And they still wanted $100 each for them. I told them to forget it, gave them a reasonable price, and they hung up on me.
Depends on what kind of Model F's, really :) People would still go nuts for unsavers and 4704's at $150 a piece.

elecplus

01 Aug 2015, 10:26

No such luck. There were 2 ATs and 2 XTs and 4 of the bigfoot. So I said no.

curly haired boy

17 Oct 2015, 03:38

hella interested!

Spikebolt
√(4) != -2

17 Oct 2015, 12:08

I'd probably be interested but shipping to Portugal would make it non-interesting :lol:

Return to “Group buys”