Cherry MX and Matias switches

Qudeid

26 Jul 2015, 09:41

Hi 7bit,

I've just received 2 invoices to the same order, which makes me confused as one states 177 Clears and the other 200. The 177 is Paypal (which I chose) the other (200 units) is through bank. Can you please clear this a little up for me? (#920)

Other than that, wow you were fast :D

Thanks!

7bit

26 Jul 2015, 10:11

Qudeid wrote: Hi 7bit,

I've just received 2 invoices to the same order, which makes me confused as one states 177 Clears and the other 200. The 177 is Paypal (which I chose) the other (200 units) is through bank. Can you please clear this a little up for me? (#920)

Other than that, wow you were fast :D

Thanks!
I've got more than 200 in stock, so you can have those 200 you orderd.
:-)

If you really want to pay via expensive PayPal, just go ahead and order the PAYPAL kit.
:roll:

Qudeid

26 Jul 2015, 11:55

I guess I'll do a normal bank transfer then. Just wondered why the same invoice for the same number had a different quantity.

Muirium
µ

26 Jul 2015, 12:17

Because Paypal exists to feed from the suffering of those of us who live in dumb territories where SEPA doesn't exist.

Kinda surprises me SEPA was ever allowed, actually. Is PayPal really that bad at lobbying? Did they forget about the world outside the US, like so many of their fellow firms?

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Jul 2015, 12:21

True. Of course the bank regulations in those countries is whack also. What's the real gain of not allowing SEPA? More revenue from greedy transfer fees. Nothing will change because PayPal was sold.

Muirium
µ

26 Jul 2015, 12:26

Fun fact: Britain does have SEPA. But it's completely useless for paying beyond the island. You get whacked with a processing fee far larger than Paypal's for daring to exchange currencies! I think it's something on the order of 50 Euros as soon as you pay a cent. Needless to say I ordered the PAYPAL kit quick after seeing that.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

26 Jul 2015, 12:30

Sounds like they were forced to implement it and then jack up the fee so no one will use it for international transfers.

Muirium
µ

26 Jul 2015, 12:32

Exactly. Institutions here like to be ready for the moment London makes it official and we're yanked right out of Europe, once and for all.

Which will be an interesting day in Scotland!

Qudeid

26 Jul 2015, 13:54

Here in Germany both, SEPA and the old regular bank transfer just co-exist. Banks want to put an emphasis on SEPA, but I personally hate it to manually copy those long IBANs compared to the much shorter old account numbers (that still work btw). On the other hand.. I hate print paper as well. E-Mails are much better :D.

@7bit: hope I did the order update correctly in just placing a new order with the added stuff (in essence I added 5 grey). So I guess I will get a different invoice which I can pay, as described, together with the other one?

chalks

26 Jul 2015, 17:01

Costs for SEPA in the UK currently vary by bank. First direct only charged me 4 GBP when I bought my Round5/5A order earlier this year.
http://www1.firstdirect.com/1/2/Foreignpayments The only wrinkle was that I had to phone them up to initiate the transfer. It can't yet be done from their website.

Citibank don't charge at all.https://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/moving-money.do

According to https://www.ecb.europa.eu/paym/retpaym/ ... ex.en.html SEPA must be fully implemented in UK (a non-euro area country) by 31 Oct 2016. It also says that "Payment service providers must apply equal charges to comparable cross-border and domestic payments in euro within the European Union (Regulation No 924/2009). This principle of equal charges has been reinforced by the end-date regulation (Regulation No 260/2012), which has eliminated the € 50,000 ceiling under which equal charges could previously only be applied."

While payments from one GBP account to another GBP account are fee free, it's not clear to me whether the above means EUR payments from a UK account to elsewhere within Europe will also have to be fee free after 31 Oct 2016.

Khers

26 Jul 2015, 17:10

Muirium wrote: Fun fact: Britain does have SEPA. But it's completely useless for paying beyond the island. You get whacked with a processing fee far larger than Paypal's for daring to exchange currencies! I think it's something on the order of 50 Euros as soon as you pay a cent. Needless to say I ordered the PAYPAL kit quick after seeing that.
It's something similar in Sweden, but the minimum fee us something along the lines of 10 EUR rather than 50, but still. Paypal is more feasible for us outside the EMU...

Muirium
µ

26 Jul 2015, 17:14

That 50 they tried to pin on me was a few years ago now. Hopefully it is lower / going away as Chalks suggests. I don't like PayPal one bit, and their future looks significantly under threat now anyway (as eBay confirmed by dumping them after a lengthy corporate marriage). SEPA is the best horse we've got in the race for simple private payment systems.

vvp

26 Jul 2015, 19:27

chalks wrote: While payments from one GBP account to another GBP account are fee free, it's not clear to me whether the above means EUR payments from a UK account to elsewhere within Europe will also have to be fee free after 31 Oct 2016.
I do not know about GB but in my country it works like this: EUR payment from EUR account to another EUR account must cost the same regardless whether the destination account is in the same country or in different country which is a SEPA member.
But if you do transfers from/to an account denominated in a different currency than EUR then banks can charge currency exchange fee.
My SEPA transfers cost 0.02€ from a bank which does not charge anything for the account maintenance. Another bank does not charge anything for a SEPA transfer but it has a 7€ monthly fee for the account maintenance (which is only applicable when one has too small amount deposited with the bank, otherwise there is no monthly charge).

jef

26 Jul 2015, 20:41

nowai wrote: i'm pretty sure 7bit is buried under a huge pile of caps/switches and the bot has secretly taken over his account (we're doomed).
Haha! :p

7bit

28 Jul 2015, 18:33

These shipped today:
:cool:

The Hyper PCBs will be here in about 3 weeks, so when I'm back I can finallly start to ship these ...

scottc

28 Jul 2015, 18:37

And Teensies? :roll:

7bit

28 Jul 2015, 18:42

Buy some crap in that other group buy, and I will have the Teensys!
:o

scottc

28 Jul 2015, 22:06

I have bought lots of crap, it's time for RESULTS!

Muirium
µ

28 Jul 2015, 22:23

Teensies are easy to proxy right across from the US. Should we do it once again?

joekenton

28 Jul 2015, 23:07

7bit wrote: These shipped today:
Sweet! Been waiting for a while for these, going to making switch testers

Watson 203

03 Aug 2015, 15:55

Thanks very much, my MX Greys arrived this morning! Hopefully solder them up in the next week or so :D

http://i.imgur.com/uVynNuB.jpg

Just realised the plate is back to front...

joekenton

04 Aug 2015, 13:16

7bit wrote: Buy some crap in that other group buy, and I will have the Teensys!
:o
My order was missing the dark greys, how do I get a refund for these switches?

Vizir

04 Aug 2015, 15:23

I'm still waiting for my refund, 7bit.

Muirium
µ

04 Aug 2015, 15:26

So what? He's on vacation!

Happy summer holidays, folks.

trapicki

04 Aug 2015, 16:14

7bit wrote: These shipped today:
Thank you very much, arrived two days later without any problems.

Now I'll have the chance to really test the different between the MX Brown and all the other easier to get stuff. Let's see if waiting payed of.

thelectronicnub

05 Aug 2015, 02:38

My MX Locks came in(not from 7bit though :P) :o https://imgur.com/a/s8oC9 https://imgur.com/a/wJsyI

wlhlm
~

05 Aug 2015, 02:40

7bit won't ship the MX Locks before Round 6 :P

Zombimuncha

11 Aug 2015, 04:53

I tried to order some Matias tactile switches but my confirmation email says the order is empty. The listing in the email suggests that the tactile switches are out of stock (or stock is less than I wanted to order) - is the stock count in the first post of this thread not up to date?
I really only want the stems (to put inside my clicky switches) - are the linear stems the same as the tactile ones?

fanta232

11 Aug 2015, 13:35

Zombimuncha wrote: I tried to order some Matias tactile switches but my confirmation email says the order is empty. The listing in the email suggests that the tactile switches are out of stock (or stock is less than I wanted to order) - is the stock count in the first post of this thread not up to date?
I really only want the stems (to put inside my clicky switches) - are the linear stems the same as the tactile ones?
Last update: 2015-03-23

7bit

11 Aug 2015, 13:44

I've got to look into this ...
:-)

Return to “Group buys”