Adafruit Bluefruit LE Micro in a ErgoDox

Yoobe

17 Aug 2015, 17:53

Hi all,

I am trying to transform my ergodox to Bluetooth HID.

I found out that I could use a Bluefruit EZ-Key to connect to the teensy (and some extra stuff for battery) to do this.. But I was wondering if I could replace the teensy 2.0 from the ergodox with Bluefruit LE Micro.. It has the same microcontroller than the teensy and embeds the bluetooth chip..

It looks like it is easy to add the charger module to use the micro usb to charge the battery : http://www.adafruit.com/products/2661

What do you think?

Halvar

17 Aug 2015, 19:27

That looks really promising, must be a new product, I haven't seen it before. I'll definitely buy one of these and try it out. Only 16 GPIOs unfortunately, but oh those possibilities! BLE, and you can even reprogram the Bluetooth part... :o

Muirium
µ

17 Aug 2015, 19:32

That's nice. What we need most of all is a single Bluetooth module with breakouts for driving a matrix, a USB port for programming and charging, and integrated battery controller so you can hook the two leads straight up. That'd be killer.

Anyway, all steps in the right direction. Our wired nightmare will be over, eventually.

Yoobe

18 Aug 2015, 09:14

The ergodox has already the MCP23018 I/O expander, so you agree that replacing the teensy with Bluefruit LE Micro is a viable solution... I am really bad with electronic and solders.. I hope someone can draw us a layout on how to cable this and I would like to try. I could have a look at the firmware part, more in my skills..

Return to “Keyboards”