Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

zslane

27 Aug 2015, 22:34

Anything and everything under HONEYB is spherical (but are the spacebars considered spherical?).

Muirium
µ

27 Aug 2015, 23:06

Yes:

Convex, for thumbing. They're just the right height to match the concave keys around them.

justcallmecrash

27 Aug 2015, 23:24

*seaching for the list of shipped orders for today*

*crossing fingers for 0436*

infodroid

28 Aug 2015, 00:28

zslane wrote: Anything and everything under HONEYB is spherical.
Thanks I didn't know why only some items ended in /SPH. It took me a while to figure out /SPH refers to the Round 4 SPH colors, even though it says so at the top of the page. You can probably tell I'm new around here. :-D

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 00:36

No, everyone's permanently confused in Round 5. That's how 7bit likes to run a GB!

curly haired boy

28 Aug 2015, 01:23

Was lurking the cappening thread for a while, then saw that round 5a was ending super soon. hopefully my order is received/processed correctly, but I'm not sure how to pay yet.

Will wait a day, hopefully invoice makes it through. The first PM I sent, the forum thought my email was a website link...
Last edited by curly haired boy on 28 Aug 2015, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

zslane

28 Aug 2015, 01:38

I think the only thing you are going to miss out on by not ordering (and paying) by Monday are the prices you currently see. I believe that as long as kits remain available, you will be able to order them for quite some time to come.

curly haired boy

28 Aug 2015, 01:40

I'm willing to pay by monday, I'm just not sure how. It's not like massdrop, lol.

zslane

28 Aug 2015, 01:41

curly haired boy wrote: ...I'm not sure how to pay yet.
You will get an invoice e-mail in the next 24 hours with instructions on how to pay. The gist of it is that 7bit prefers to be paid through Google Wallet. Send him the funds and be sure to put the little "order code" in the comments of the payment. That order code will appear in your invoice and will be something like "R5 zslane 0609". I pity the fool who forgets to put that into their payment transactions...

curly haired boy

28 Aug 2015, 02:17

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

zslane

28 Aug 2015, 03:13

Point of clarification: payment goes to evilcamels, not 7bit.

curly haired boy

28 Aug 2015, 06:31

....okay. Well, still haven't received my invoice, but i'm learning as I go!

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 12:55

justcallmecrash wrote: *seaching for the list of shipped orders for today*

*crossing fingers for 0436*
No shipping yesterday.
:cry:

We don't have a post office anymore and the new one is too far away.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

But: we still have a mailbox.
:cool:

What I will do now is putting on the stamps all by myself ( :cry: :P ) and bring the packages to the same location as always, but instead of handing them over to a very beautiful young woman, I will throw them into the beaten up van of the dirty old mail driver when he empties the mailbox.
:shock:

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 12:58

Hmm, cute staff… now there's an innovation in the mail system we could use over here. You can forgive waiting a bit and even the prices with a spot of mind control technology like that. When will they learn!

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 13:12

infodroid wrote:
zslane wrote: Anything and everything under HONEYB is spherical.
Thanks I didn't know why only some items ended in /SPH. It took me a while to figure out /SPH refers to the Round 4 SPH colors, even though it says so at the top of the page. You can probably tell I'm new around here. :-D
SPH is SPH-grey, ie the grey we used for the SPH-style. We had also NOIR, ROUND3 and RETRO, all 3 being as misleading as SPH.
:P

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 14:27

Round 4 makes Riund 5 look kinda sorta something nearly approaching sane. Almost. I don't know what you thought you were doing that time!

Round 6 will be super simple, right? APL, I remember you saying…

dyger

28 Aug 2015, 14:29

Potato pic of my Ducky DK9087 G2 Pro :D
tastia.jpg
tastia.jpg (955.96 KiB) Viewed 4326 times

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 14:49

Please remove those ugly stickers from your Think Pad and put an IBM-sticker on!
:mad:

This is how it should look like:
:ugeek:

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 14:57

Ew, stickers. I'm glad IBM knew how to badge a Model M without resorting to tacky stuff like that.

Ungh. Clickykeyboard's images aren't hot linkable. You'll have to look down beneath your screen at your own Deskthority standard issue SSK to see for yourself.

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 15:05

I've also removed the stickers on front and backside.
:cool:

Back to Key caps!
:-)

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 15:08

Aye chief.

Needs more fingers.

andrewjoy

28 Aug 2015, 15:15

that looks like an asset tag , what numpty would put an asset tag ( especially a cheap ass paper one like that ) on the wrist rest.

Only the best asset tags for my Macs, Genuine 3M metal Stickers
IMG_20150828_141310.jpg
IMG_20150828_141310.jpg (60.78 KiB) Viewed 4277 times
EDIT

( looks like it has the SAP log on it , ewwweee SAP kill it with fire)

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 15:17

Muirium wrote: Round 4 makes Riund 5 look kinda sorta something nearly approaching sane. Almost. I don't know what you thought you were doing that time!

Round 6 will be super simple, right? APL, I remember you saying…
We also had BLOOD (red on black) and some more color-schemes (forgotten which) in the programme ...
:roll:

I remember I've started to sort the sphericals first and I was really taken aback when it came to those flimsy little lightweight DCS snippets.
:o

RETRO-style was the ultimate pain, because the legends are almost invisible and those keys used to flip around and land in a different pocket from time to time.
:cry:

If there is a reason for thick spherical doubleshots, it is the fact that they are easy to grab and heavy enough to not flit away.
:ugeek:

Muirium
µ

28 Aug 2015, 15:21

Yup.

Any news from SP about PBT SA?

<Crickets>

andrewjoy

28 Aug 2015, 15:23

that would be amazing! Simply amazing. model M style colours and font in that profile , cool , i think that would make me put my ANSI space invader away and get the filco back out, but then again i have become accustomed to the long ass control keys for my button mashing in FF 14

axtran

28 Aug 2015, 16:07

How do I get in on this GB? :(

justcallmecrash

28 Aug 2015, 16:19

axtran wrote: How do I get in on this GB? :(
Start here: http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/d ... t6732.html

7bit

28 Aug 2015, 16:25

And read the wiki page:
http://deskthority.net/wiki/Round_5a
:-)

axtran

28 Aug 2015, 16:33

Thanks guys, I'm reading!

Question though, what's the difference between:

http://deskthority.net/w/images/e/e0/HO ... HA_SPH.png

And...

http://deskthority.net/wiki/File:HONEYB_ALPHA_GREY.png

Color?

(I'm trying to get two kits, one being the white alphas with grey mods, and one being grey alphas with black mods, and then two red Return/Enter and two Red Escapes)

cswanic

28 Aug 2015, 16:41

The Alpha SPH goes with the new gray alphas with blue mods (its new for Round5A).
The Alpha Grey is the classic gray from Round 5.
axtran wrote: I'm trying to get two kits, one being the white alphas with grey mods, and one being grey alphas with black mods, and then two red Return/Enter and two Red Escapes
For this you could choose either one but my suggestion would be Alpha Grey (you can see this grey in the latest pictures from Round5.

Return to “Group buys”