Round 5 and Round 6 kits for sale!

bagels

31 Aug 2015, 01:08

Total newbie here but I'm really interested in buying these caps. I'm a bit confused by the OP though. Are the kits from round 5 still able to be ordered? The round 5a wiki kits don't seem to have numpad/full sized keyboard kits. ATM I have a CM Storm Quickfire XT full sized keyboard. Is it possible to order full white on grey caps for this? Also can anyone confirm if the universal space bar (6.25 units) is compatible with this keyboard? Didn't see my specific model listed on the Wiki. Sorry for my ignorance :oops:

zslane

31 Aug 2015, 01:19

The grey keycaps are unique in that there isn't a 97-piece TKL set for them. I believe it is because 7bit assumes people will want white alphas and grey mods as a set, not all grey. And you always need to add NUMPAD and SPACEx kits to an order for full ANSI/ISO boards in any case. Therefore if you want an all-grey set, you'll have to do like I did and order:

HONEYB/TKLBASE/GREY
HONEYB/ALPHA/GREY
HONEYB/NUMPAD/GREY
HONEYB/SPACE625/GREY

And that would give you an entire keyboard of grey keycaps (with white legends).

Round 5 is long gone, except for some leftovers. But Round 5a provides most of the same options as Round 5. Conspicuously missing are mono-legend kits, for instance, but most of the stuff that really counts from Round 5 (along with Round 4 SPH and the new CADET set) is here.

If your spacebar is a standard 6.2(5)u piece, then the SPACE625 should fit just fine. But I can't say definitively since I don't know if the Quickfire has any unusual size quirks.

axtran

31 Aug 2015, 02:07

7bit wrote:
axtran wrote: Yeah, I sent a payment but the invoice system is still saying that I didn't pay. No response yet from 7bit so I'm wondering what to do... Maybe contact Google Wallet support and cancel payment and then repay?
If you do this, some killers will be at your butt within minutes!
:evil:

First, I will wait until we've passed the deadline. Then, I will ask Evilcamels to send an update. Then, I will send invoices to everybody who still did not pay. If you paid but it does not show up in your invoice, just pm me.

Also, I will wait some days for bank payments to come in.
:-)
Okay, thanks. I didn't format the message in Google Wallet correctly, so I have been freaking out, but I'll give it a wait. Thanks for the reply!

Evilcamels

31 Aug 2015, 04:56

A storm took out my home internet and I haven't had the time to handle the payments on my phone. Hopefully my service will be restored soon and the bot will be updated.

axtran

31 Aug 2015, 06:08

Evilcamels wrote: A storm took out my home internet and I haven't had the time to handle the payments on my phone. Hopefully my service will be restored soon and the bot will be updated.
Thanks for the update! I messed up my note (as mentioned previously). Hope it's easily seen and corrected. :D

zslane

31 Aug 2015, 07:02

I want to point out (again) that the ordering database still thinks the FUNCTION kits contain 32 keycaps, when in fact they currently contain 34. That means that the total "Qty" of my order is off by two for every FUNCTION kit I've ordered.

I'm not sure how important this is to your accounting, 7bit, but my spreadsheet definitely notices such discrepencies.

BTW, what's the word on Muirium's row 2 HANDNAV keys? I don't need 'em, but I am curious just the same.

Veebers

31 Aug 2015, 07:30

Huh, I just noticed that there is no U125 blanks (or lotus :-)) caps in 5a. What's the rationale behind that 7bit? (out of curiosity, not being uppity ^_^).

7bit

31 Aug 2015, 09:34

beltet wrote: Darn... I have not checked in on this thread for a few weeks now. can anyone recap?
Is it payment deadline tomorrow(I have paid all but like 10€)?
Do I have to made all my orders by that?
Any other news I would need to know about?
Just order what you want and pay. I suppose you pay in EUR, so you can relax, as the banks arwe not so quick, I will wait a bit.
;-)

7bit

31 Aug 2015, 09:38

Evilcamels wrote: A storm took out my home internet and I haven't had the time to handle the payments on my phone. Hopefully my service will be restored soon and the bot will be updated.
Hi Evilcamels!

No problem, just let me know when you are back on track and can send the updates.

Deadlines can be pushed forward ...
:roll:

7bit

31 Aug 2015, 09:42

zslane wrote: I want to point out (again) that the ordering database still thinks the FUNCTION kits contain 32 keycaps, when in fact they currently contain 34. That means that the total "Qty" of my order is off by two for every FUNCTION kit I've ordered.

I'm not sure how important this is to your accounting, 7bit, but my spreadsheet definitely notices such discrepencies.

BTW, what's the word on Muirium's row 2 HANDNAV keys? I don't need 'em, but I am curious just the same.
No problem with that. The graphics are what counts, ie their input files actually.

Hugo

31 Aug 2015, 09:52

My invoice number is 0645.
I've paid and got nothing ,no confirmation email message etc..

7bit

31 Aug 2015, 18:14

These shipped today:
:ugeek:

Kind of ...
:?

I mean, they are now in my own post office and have to be carried away by the mail driver ...
:o

But at least all stamps and what not are on them, so all I have to do is bringing them to our old post office (RIP) and wait for the mail driver, to throw them into his van.
:roll:

JanitorJoe

31 Aug 2015, 18:58

Hugo wrote: My invoice number is 0645.
I've paid and got nothing ,no confirmation email message etc..
Don't worry, just give it a bit of time. The invoice updates for payment confirmation are a bit slow. You may even receive an invoice update that says you still haven't paid before you get the one that says you have.

(And by a bit I mean a few days)

flabbergast

31 Aug 2015, 19:00

7bit is doing this by hand you know.

Evilcamels

31 Aug 2015, 19:19

Internet is back, final payment update before the deadline will be pushed by 8pm PST (10 hours from posting) so get your orders in now!

sqapy

31 Aug 2015, 19:23

did anyone from 0600+ got their order?
ordered Carbon set from MD, gonna see which will i get first, R5 or Carbon :)

flabbergast

31 Aug 2015, 19:44

sqapy wrote: did anyone from 0600+ got their order?
Well if you're sure it's R5 and not R5a then you should get them pretty soon.
R5a will be quite a wait yet... 7bit said something about (unspecified year) Christmas...

sqapy

31 Aug 2015, 19:59

flabbergast wrote:
Well if you're sure it's R5 and not R5a then you should get them pretty soon.
R5a will be quite a wait yet... 7bit said something about (unspecified year) Christmas...
yeah, first it was combination of R5 leftovers and R5a, then i removed all the R5a stuff, so only R5 leftovers left on my order, i hope it will be shipped along with R5.

flabbergast

31 Aug 2015, 20:22

sqapy wrote: yeah, first it was combination of R5 leftovers and R5a, then i removed all the R5a stuff, so only R5 leftovers left on my order, i hope it will be shipped along with R5.
BTW you didn't have to remove the R5a stuff (if you still wanted it, that is) just to get R5 stuff shipped. There's a magic "SHIPNOW" instruction to the almighty bot...

7bit

31 Aug 2015, 20:24

I will first ship the remaining ca. 80 orders out and then start with new orders and missing keys.

SHIPNOW does nothing in Round 5. Just don't order the HONEYB-kit, whcoih would ensure your order will be shipped along with HONEYB kits.

sqapy

31 Aug 2015, 20:29

flabbergast wrote:
sqapy wrote: yeah, first it was combination of R5 leftovers and R5a, then i removed all the R5a stuff, so only R5 leftovers left on my order, i hope it will be shipped along with R5.
BTW you didn't have to remove the R5a stuff (if you still wanted it, that is) just to get R5 stuff shipped. There's a magic "SHIPNOW" instruction to the almighty bot...
Nein, 7bit told me if order will have honeyb, it will ship with honeyb.

7bit

31 Aug 2015, 21:01

Sorry, but flabbergast is right, except that I still ignore SHIPNOW because I still have to ship some packages from the orginal order.

If the HONEYB-kit is not ordered (not to be confused with kitas like HONEYB/TKL/WHITE etc.) I will ship your HONEY-stuff as soon as I can.

sqapy

31 Aug 2015, 21:15

7bit wrote: Sorry, but flabbergast is right, except that I still ignore SHIPNOW because I still have to ship some packages from the orginal order.

If the HONEYB-kit is not ordered (not to be confused with kitas like HONEYB/TKL/WHITE etc.) I will ship your HONEY-stuff as soon as I can.
ugh :(, when i asked you if you could ship R5 first when it had R5a orders as well, you said only along with R5a unless i remove R5a, eh, that's okay, cause i got what i needed from R5 leftovers :)

pederlol

31 Aug 2015, 21:35

Since I am moving I need to update my address. Is it as straightforward as when updating an order?

spuit

31 Aug 2015, 23:34

7bit wrote: These shipped today:
OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD
Spoiler:

zslane

01 Sep 2015, 00:41

Hey 7bit, is it too late to suggest that the legends on the CADET Up/Down/Left/Right (text) cursor keys be changed from black to cream? I don't think it makes sense for them to be black given the meaning of black legends on a Symbolics keyboard.

Muirium
µ

01 Sep 2015, 01:00

Well, it's called CADET for a reason:

The Symbolics doesn't have arrow keys in the usual sense, but if it did they'd be dark legended, given its pattern.

zslane

01 Sep 2015, 01:25

Except that Symbolics black legends aren't dictated by what we would today call "row order logic", i.e., keys of a given row all looking the same. In a Symbolics Lisp Machine, black legends indicate modifier keys that you chord with other keys to produce a new keycode. Cursor keys are navigation keys; they aren't modifiers that change the meaning of a primary key, hence their legends should be white (cream) like all the others.

Muirium
µ

01 Sep 2015, 01:31

But is REPEAT really a mod? Something else a bit fishy is the fact that CAPS LOCK and ALT LOCK are dark legends while MODE LOCK is light. Looks mighty convenient that they got the two bottom rows so consistent! I think it's more a matter of style over function.

Besides: symmetry. Our TKL and fullsize boards already have highly exposed islands of keys on the right. Why make them even more apparent with an arbitrary legend colour change? We're not actually on Symbolics…

FranksNewLiver

01 Sep 2015, 01:55

Any idea how long it takes the bot to confirm

Return to “Group buys”