Post your desktop.

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2015, 00:31

Halvar wrote: That's true, as a leftie I was never so much interested in these. That said, I don't care for a numpad much either because I don't enter lots of numbers nowadays, so I'm happily going for the TKL for its relative compactness if I get the chance, like with a Model M SSK.
You, the beamspring master, don't even have an SSK? I've only got two beamsprings, but more SSKs…

Fullsize keyboards force me to put the pointing device on the left - usually my Magic Trackpad which doesn't need much precious space - while TKLs and 60s let me put it either side, a fact I like to make use of, for load sharing ergonomics.

Trouble is, with the homerow centred beneath my display, fullsize boards are so damn lopsided it feels and looks and I dare say simply is stupid. A TKL is as big as I ever need. No matter the hypothetical conference sized table. My hands and eyes don't like to deviate from the centre line unnecessarily while doing hours of work! Fullsize boards are plain wrong for symmetrical things, like we humans.

Halvar

21 Aug 2015, 00:35

Sorry, just my bad English. I have that Bluetooth SSK that I'm using every day...

Muirium
µ

21 Aug 2015, 00:40

Okay, now I'm back to being jealous again!

Did you do the Bluetoothing yourself, or is this Phosphorglow's work? I've got a second controller lined up from him for the Bluetooth bits I have aside, and another SSK.

Halvar

21 Aug 2015, 01:08

I got a terminal SSK once with the help of a certain Scotch gentleman, and later I built an ugly bluetooth controller from a Teensy++, strip pcbs and some Adafruit parts, and then Phosphorglow built his much nicer controller and got a few tips and my TMK firmware configuration from me. I planned to heavily improve the firmware, but that hasn't happened yet, which is also why I never really showed my project here.

user888

21 Aug 2015, 09:43

A bit blurry, but this is my desktop.

Ikea BEKANT standing desk (can be electrically adjusted in height) and a Swopper - I like to alternate.
Kinesis Advantage with Workman layout and a WASD V2 keyboard in the background. I also alternate between these two to keep my QWERTY skills. The numpad on the left is solely used for shortcuts.
Attachments
IMG_7501.JPG
IMG_7501.JPG (330.8 KiB) Viewed 4224 times

Madhias
BS TORPE

21 Aug 2015, 10:49

user888 wrote: Ikea BEKANT standing desk (can be electrically adjusted in height) and a Swopper - I like to alternate.
Nice standing desk setup! I bought not long ago a standing desk too, but had a nice wooden table top already, so I only bought the legs. They were not cheap, but well build quality. Instead of a Swopper I have a Stitz!

G33K

21 Aug 2015, 23:00

Newbie to the site. Here is a picture of my desktop at work. I came here because I wanted to find out more about the Chicony KB-5181 I found in the IT room (new in the box). It is like a museum (the IT room). Anyway, enjoying my keyboard - miss the Windows key and it does not play nice with my KVM, otherwise I love annoying my neighbors with all of my "clanging" :D

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

01 Sep 2015, 08:42

do not dumb here:

andrewjoy

01 Sep 2015, 10:59

G33K wrote: Image
Whats that thing on your desk , that horrible lenovo thing , i have used the ISO version and they are horrible. The slightly older IBM branded ones are slightly better but still crap.

Shinryuu

01 Sep 2015, 21:59

cookie

02 Sep 2015, 13:54

@sth: wow where did you get the old HHKBs? I'd love to have such a thing in my collection!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Sep 2015, 14:19

Not dumb area here
?!? :lol: I love that grumpy square cat too.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

02 Sep 2015, 15:52

cookie wrote: @sth: wow where did you get the old HHKBs? I'd love to have such a thing in my collection!
pro1 came from a trade with someone on GH, old hhkblite came from a lucky find in an e-cycler in the bay area :)

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

02 Sep 2015, 15:54

seebart wrote:
Not dumb area here
?!? :lol: I love that grumpy square cat too.
i looked into the original sign and i think it's a chinese-english translation error - the hard B sound is very similar to hard P sound, so it probably means "Do not dump here"

but i think i like having a not dumb area here.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 Sep 2015, 15:55

Why are the old HHKB's so valued?

Muirium
µ

02 Sep 2015, 16:11

(Looks around and whispers.) They aren't.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

02 Sep 2015, 16:16

Redmaus wrote: Why are the old HHKB's so valued?
basically, they're curios
curiosity killed the cat
i hate cats

:maverick:

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

02 Sep 2015, 16:57

sth wrote:
Redmaus wrote: Why are the old HHKB's so valued?
basically, they're curios
curiosity killed the cat
i hate cats

:maverick:
Right, curious chinese square grumpy cats that do not take a dump there...perfect for any desktop. :mrgreen: :lol:
20150604_011.jpg
20150604_011.jpg (54.73 KiB) Viewed 3933 times

cookie

03 Sep 2015, 15:43

@sth wow nice, what a lucky grab! I own a HHKB pro1 in white (well its more yellow tbh), that thing would be awesome to own. I'd probably leave it in the box.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Sep 2015, 15:45

cookie wrote: @sth wow nice, what a lucky grab! I own a HHKB pro1 in white (well its more yellow tbh), that thing would be awesome to own. I'd probably leave it in the box.
neither the pro1 nor the og lite came in original boxes :( the lite actually came without a box, and it has what appear to be... teethmarks all over it :( but it works fine so i use it as my backup board (for example, when i need to flash my tmk firmware on the pro1 :lol: )

cookie

03 Sep 2015, 16:16

I neither have original boxes of my hhkbs, The Pro2 I've bought is the only exception :/
Those are hard to find, I've never seen a NIB Pro1 or the original Fujitsu HHKB.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Sep 2015, 16:43

cookie wrote: I neither have original boxes of my hhkbs, The Pro2 I've bought is the only exception :/
Those are hard to find, I've never seen a NIB Pro1 or the original Fujitsu HHKB.
someone was selling the original HHKB with the box, but they wanted hundreds (like 250 at least) for it... i couldn't justify the cost but i was very tempted. i love the original Happy Hacking logo :P

cookie

03 Sep 2015, 17:27

250 is a lot, but it's a rare piece. Other are more expensive but less rare!

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

03 Sep 2015, 18:54

this is true, nevertheless i am only in the market for collectibles when they're available at bargain prices :lol:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

07 Sep 2015, 01:06

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

07 Sep 2015, 05:24

Just saw that on reddit, are you planning on selling any of that? :P

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

07 Sep 2015, 11:21

Redmaus wrote: Just saw that on reddit, are you planning on selling any of that? :P
And I answered you on Reddit too. :roll:

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

08 Sep 2015, 21:56

ramnes wrote: Image
I love that desk ! :)

idollar
i$

08 Sep 2015, 23:11

ramnes wrote: Image
Ramnes ... which keyboard boxes are those and where can I find them ?

Thanks in advance :-)

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Sep 2015, 23:23

Looks familiar...

Return to “Gallery”