F107

MECHGAMER

02 Sep 2015, 05:23

I was just wondering whether orihalcon's F107s on ebay for $232 with an xwhatsit, missing keys, and 2 not working keys, was a good deal. And yes, I did look at all the pictures ;)

terrycherry

02 Sep 2015, 09:56

Not a good deal.
Another deal is S249.99 can buy working and full layout one but without the xwhatsit.
It's too expansive, there have 12watchings here.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 Sep 2015, 14:55

Wait, why is that not a good deal?

Ray

02 Sep 2015, 15:07

because you could pm him and save ebay-fees?

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 Sep 2015, 15:39

Ray wrote: because you could pm him and save ebay-fees?
Well, that goes without saying.

MECHGAMER

03 Sep 2015, 02:53

Ok, pm'ed w/ offer $190

REVENGE

03 Sep 2015, 07:39

Are you in the US? I have unmodified ones with missing keys that need to go. For cheap.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

03 Sep 2015, 12:49

REVENGE wrote: Are you in the US? I have unmodified ones with missing keys that need to go. For cheap.
Really? This is interesting. Do you have a thread open?

REVENGE

03 Sep 2015, 15:13

Redmaus wrote:
REVENGE wrote: Are you in the US? I have unmodified ones with missing keys that need to go. For cheap.
Really? This is interesting. Do you have a thread open?
No, but I'll make one soon.

scottc

03 Sep 2015, 15:15

How cheap? Maybe I'll even want one...

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

03 Sep 2015, 15:27

scottc wrote: How cheap? Maybe I'll even want one...
Yeah me too. ;)

Muirium
µ

03 Sep 2015, 15:39

Maybe me three. But I think they're in America. Just guessing though…

http://deskthority.net/help-f53/please- ... t1386.html

chzel

03 Sep 2015, 15:49

Me four. Depending on price of course

hammelgammler
Vintage

03 Sep 2015, 17:08

Yeah i could be interested too! But yeah, it really depends on the price how much i could take. Maximum three i would say because of the shipping costs.

Muirium
µ

03 Sep 2015, 17:11

The numbering is a joke on "me too". I'm only interested in one F107!

@REVENGE: This is your list! If we haven't exhausted your supply…

chzel

03 Sep 2015, 17:12

Heh, Muirium and I aren't interested in 3 and 4 respectively, it was a word play because "me too" sounds like "me two"

Edit:Ninja Mu!

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

03 Sep 2015, 17:15

I'm interested as well. I sent a PM a few hours ago.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

03 Sep 2015, 18:07

I was interested first! :P
Last edited by Redmaus on 03 Sep 2015, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.

Muirium
µ

03 Sep 2015, 18:12

DT: where any thread can become an Interest Check.

MECHGAMER

03 Sep 2015, 22:02

Sounds great revenge. Check your pm.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

03 Sep 2015, 22:03

Hey,

I'm not interested,

Cheers

Well unless it is really really cheap!

REVENGE

04 Sep 2015, 00:31

Please wait for a thread in the Marketplace over the weekend, I've only made an offer to MECHGAMER at this point. Just to reiterate, this will be US only. Shipping these things is a nightmare.

idollar
i$

04 Sep 2015, 00:33

I had one posted to me from the US. There was no problem with the shipping (but the $50 that costed me).
Give a change to the Europeans also, please.

hammelgammler
Vintage

04 Sep 2015, 00:52

Well yeah. I recently bought three F122 from the US, and no problem as for now. Tomorrow i will have to pick them up because the Zollamt got me... But besides that, everything fine. The F107 shouldn't break in any case in comparison to something like a F122 with it's kind of brittle case.
It would be nice to have some F107 in Europe. :)

MECHGAMER

04 Sep 2015, 02:29

After the F107, I'm looking at a beam spring. any sellers?

orihalcon

04 Sep 2015, 03:15

I do ship my F107's internationally. Usually works out to be $60 or so depending on the country IIRC.

I have F107's in different cosmetic conditions with and without the xWhatsit controller installed with most not missing any keys other than the clear keycaps which tend to become brittle/cracked/yellowed over time. I do have some of those that are intact as well if that is important to you. Couple are missing the piezo buzzer or have other small issues, all of which I can do discounts for.

Some original F107 controllers are rather frustrating to unsolder, so that's definitely something to keep in mind. The rest of the restoration process is pretty straightforward, just a little time consuming when it comes to punching out a new foam mat if you decide to go that route.

If anyone needs a Model F Xwhatsit controller or F107, feel free to PM me with your requirements. Definitely makes sense to see what the price/condition the ones that REVENGE has too. Can't hurt to get a couple quotes.

Anything that I have listed on ebay is 10% off if you PM me directly and pay by direct paypal invoice instead of through ebay. I also discount for buying multiple keyboards at once since it usually saves me on shipping when multiple are shipped in the same package.

MECHGAMER

04 Sep 2015, 05:34

ok, I'll look into that.

REVENGE

04 Sep 2015, 11:27

orihalcon wrote: I do ship my F107's internationally. Usually works out to be $60 or so depending on the country IIRC.

I have F107's in different cosmetic conditions with and without the xWhatsit controller installed with most not missing any keys other than the clear keycaps which tend to become brittle/cracked/yellowed over time. I do have some of those that are intact as well if that is important to you. Couple are missing the piezo buzzer or have other small issues, all of which I can do discounts for.

Some original F107 controllers are rather frustrating to unsolder, so that's definitely something to keep in mind. The rest of the restoration process is pretty straightforward, just a little time consuming when it comes to punching out a new foam mat if you decide to go that route.

If anyone needs a Model F Xwhatsit controller or F107, feel free to PM me with your requirements. Definitely makes sense to see what the price/condition the ones that REVENGE has too. Can't hurt to get a couple quotes.

Anything that I have listed on ebay is 10% off if you PM me directly and pay by direct paypal invoice instead of through ebay. I also discount for buying multiple keyboards at once since it usually saves me on shipping when multiple are shipped in the same package.
I'm sure orihalcon has done quality work installing the replacement controllers, and the boards which have been refurbished look fantastic as well!

andrewjoy

04 Sep 2015, 12:32

Mine is top notch , all working well. Shame Parceleforce dropped the box and popped the plates open! Well easy fix :)

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

04 Sep 2015, 14:15

Recall that I've got about a pound and a half of RAL 7030 gray powder coat paint left over, and access to a nice local powder coating facility, if anyone wants to send their F107 shells to me for painting. pyrelink did and he seems very happy with the result.

Return to “Keyboards”