HyperMicro madness

7bit

20 Mar 2015, 09:27

DG13-B1LA
DG23-B1LA these have the Lever and would not suitable for my design.
DG23-B2LA these are the sideways version
DG23-B3LA

DG13-B1RA Roll-lever
DG23-B1RA

DG23-B1AA
DG13-B1AA these are the ones you need.
DG23-B3AA

Here is the complete explanation:
DG is the series (like MX)
[124] contact rating (1: 3A,125VAC; 2A 30VDC / 2: 0.05A, 30VDC / 4: 1A 125VAC ; 1A 30VDC)
[3] contact configuration SPDT (not sure what that means :? )
[BC] Operation force (B:150g ; C: 75g) it says that C is not available with DG1 and B not with DG4
[123] Terminal type (1:straigt, 2:right, 3:left)
[ALR] Actuator type (A: just button; L: lever; R: roller-lever)
[ABC] Actuator type (LA: straight 4.35mm; B straight 12.7mm; C: 25.7mm; RA: 1.4mm)

Contact rating compared to Cherry MX:
10mA / 12V.

Going by this, all 3 are rated above.
:-)

At mouser, this is the only one in stock:
DG13-B1AA

The lower force ones are all sold out, even with levers.
:cry:

scottc

20 Mar 2015, 10:14

Thanks 7bit, that's just what I needed. Will you get them in stock? The prices for bulk orders are cheaper than buying enough for one keyboard, and they could be used for the qHACK also.

7bit

20 Mar 2015, 11:09

I can't find the 75g version. I've got the Omron version in 75g in stock, but not yet listed.

I people are interested, I can stock the 150g version from Cherry. Omron is a high quality manufacturer, so this would be no disadvantage and both have the same measures.

jonlorusso

06 Apr 2015, 03:12

I'm at a loss as to what to do with these switches. Seems like you'd need a specially made case in order to make use of them? I understand how they work, but since you can't attach anything to them, you need something with give that mounts front of them.

Mal-2

07 Apr 2015, 04:35

jonlorusso wrote:
I'm at a loss as to what to do with these switches. Seems like you'd need a specially made case in order to make use of them? I understand how they work, but since you can't attach anything to them, you need something with give that mounts front of them.
Probably something like the plastic sheet sandwiching little labels that is used on Point-Of-Sale (cash register) keyboards. Usually they use metal dome switches, but I can see these being considerably better. You'd just need thin but fairly solid square inserts (like the thickness and rigidity of a mint tin).

wlhlm
~

11 Apr 2015, 16:32

7bit wrote: I can't find the 75g version. I've got the Omron version in 75g in stock, but not yet listed.

I people are interested, I can stock the 150g version from Cherry. Omron is a high quality manufacturer, so this would be no disadvantage and both have the same measures.
Do you have Omrons with angled pins as well?

jonlorusso

30 Aug 2015, 23:07

Any advice on how to dremel (expensive) keycaps?

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

30 Aug 2015, 23:36

I wrapped the bench vise with a sock so that I don't scrap the surface of the keycap and the I use the dremel.
Also I used for accurate work this:
http://www.selbst.de/sites/default/file ... sch-01.jpg
btw I used it to mod the stems of the spacebar and backspace keycap.

dougp

04 Sep 2015, 17:18

Any recommendations for trackpoints?

jonlorusso

04 Sep 2015, 17:49

Ebay is a great source. I usually look for "Thinkpad replacement keyboard".

An example

scottc

04 Sep 2015, 19:09

Thinkpad laptop keyboards don't have the length required for this keyboard.

neverused

04 Sep 2015, 19:23

There have been 3d printed posts that extend the nub of the trackpoint to make it usable for applications like this. I've seen them either here or GH

Ray

04 Sep 2015, 20:02

Suka has some posted in this thread. Those are his prototypes. Dunno where you can get some though, If you find some tell us ;)

dougp

04 Sep 2015, 21:49

dougp wrote: Any recommendations for trackpoints?
I have a spare keyboard at home that I can rip up and see, thanks.

lolpes

23 Jan 2016, 00:00

Hypermicro preview :) If anyone has a trackpoint module they would be willing to sell me please send a pm :)

scottc

23 Jan 2016, 00:04

You've finally got enough num locks to make a keyboard that matches your shift key keyboard!

lolpes

23 Jan 2016, 00:24

scottc wrote: You've finally got enough num locks to make a keyboard that matches your shift key keyboard!
Well, I have a bit more numlocks than shifts that's for sure :P

scottc

23 Jan 2016, 00:28

Hahahah! That's me shown...

nicstreet

23 Jan 2016, 22:40

ooh, think I'll be needing one of these. Are they likely to be on general sale anytime soon?

flabbergast

23 Jan 2016, 23:23

nicstreet wrote: ooh, think I'll be needing one of these. Are they likely to be on general sale anytime soon?
I think you can still order some from another one of 7bit's almighty bots, CherryMX: group-buys-f50/cherry-mx-taking-pre-orders-t2760.html

The real question is: are they going to be made any time soon? (Given that the ordering started about a year ago I think.)

eefee

27 Nov 2020, 08:30

suka wrote:
17 Jan 2015, 00:02
Here is the latest case design:
HyperMicro-Case_TrackpointMounted.JPG
HyperMicro-Credit.JPG
  • *Can now easily accomodate different front button orientations via separate adapter parts
    *Micro usb fits perfectly
    *Trackpoint fits, adaptors work
    *More rigid design
    *Logo :D
Todo:
  • * Smaller support structures to clears solder points more easily
    * Trackpoint isolation and retention plate
    * Little higher to clear teensy and front buttons
    * Options to cover sides for other layouts
    * Front cover closer to switches
    * Also make USB outlet optional: Micro/Mini/Cable
    * Minor adjustments to
Stay tuned for the final revision, ETA 4 weeks from now :(

HyperMicro-Case_TrackpointPosition.JPG
HyperMicro-Case_parts.JPG
HyperMicro-Case_parts2.JPG
do you have the STL or other 3d print files for your lengthening trackpoint stick

Return to “Workshop”