New NEC APC-H412 page

Ander

20 Nov 2015, 08:56

Hi guys—I've created my first DT page, for the NEC APC-H412. It's such a distinctive and regularly seen vintage keyboard, I was surprised to find it didn't have a page here yet.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos I can freely post, but I'll ask the creator of a Geekhack topic about it if we can use one of his.

Please feel free to add any more details about the KB that you may have. Cheers, A.

andrewjoy

20 Nov 2015, 12:43

Nice work, i changed the headings as you used H3 === for the sections . This should be used for sub sections :).

klikkyklik

20 Nov 2015, 13:51

Typing on one now! Still dig the NEC blue ovals; they just seem "classy" to me somehow.

Anyway- if you need to hit anyone up for photos, it would be XMIT. He did an extensive tear down of one this year.

I think he'd probably intended on contributing to the WIki regarding the board/switches but is short on time.

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/nec ... 10861.html

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

20 Nov 2015, 13:53

It's true! I have plenty more to write. But even now the family beckons.

klikkyklik

20 Nov 2015, 13:55

Yep, free time is certainly inversely proportional to responsibilities. I was reminded of this last night when I visited a buddy that I hadn't seen in a month because: life.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

01 Dec 2015, 17:41

XMIT wrote: It's true! I have plenty more to write. But even now the family beckons.
Heh I have like 100 photos to add to the wiki but life has been really mean and won't let me have any time for myself.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

01 Dec 2015, 17:45

Blaise170 wrote:
XMIT wrote: It's true! I have plenty more to write. But even now the family beckons.
Heh I have like 100 photos to add to the wiki but life has been really mean and won't let me have any time for myself.
If you dump them in imgur or any photo sharing service and give permission for use in the Wiki there is a chance that a good person here can help you with this.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

01 Dec 2015, 18:54

I updated our NEC APC-H412 wiki page with pictures and some additional text from XMIT, but there is certainly room for more. I also know there are slight variations like a different looking label on the US revision.

http://deskthority.net/wiki/NEC_APC-H412

terrycherry

02 Dec 2015, 18:23

Good page. I always looking for someone to create this NEC switch because Sandy made this on his page but I don't know why wiki doesn't include this switch!
I have many details about this variants of switch on which keyboard. But I don't have time to learn how to add this stuffs to the wiki. I"ll give some details later and hope you can take this on wiki.

And don't worry about the switch photo, I have all variant of this switch: (Linear)Green, (Linear)Black(NEC mount1), (Clicky)Blue, Cream white, White(means transparent one)
I finished my lots of works will take the best quality photos here.

P.S. NEC mount1 means the early mount of Black NEC switch, not compatible with the later NEC swith(like the blue one)

Here's the keyboard list:
[1985.04]NEC PC-9801 keyboard[(Linear)Black(NEC mount1)]
[AT][Thai]NEC APC-H412[(Click)Blue]
[JP][1983]PC-8801 keyboard[White]
[JP]NEC 8801 layout keyboard[Cream white]
[JP]NEC PC-98DO keyboard[Cream white]
[JP]NEC PC-9801V[Cream White]

As you see, the PC-98 series usually have the NEC switch.

klikkyklik

02 Dec 2015, 19:04

That's excellent! Very much looking forward to seeing pictures of those variants.

rzwv

03 Dec 2015, 20:06

時間が取れず分解、動画は用意できません。
画像の転載はご自由に。

There is no time, so resolution and animation can't be prepared.
The reprint of a picture is free.

NEC APC-H412 M-698790
FCC ID:B7ZAPC-H412
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage
NEC APC-H410E M-697570
Spoiler:
ImageImageImageImageImage

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 15:07

Here's 7 variant switches that I have clean.
And also the another 6 variant switches I don't take the photos. Will take the time to clean them and share to my NEC post.

Scarpia

13 Apr 2016, 15:19

@terrycherry: Wow :)

By the way, if you'd be willing to sell one of each (and ideally a keycap for the 'mount1' switch), that would make a great addition to my switch tour bag.

seebart

13 Apr 2016, 15:36

Scarpia wrote: @terrycherry: Wow :)
:shock: Nice terrycherry. Being in Asia you always manage to get these rare items. So these are your pictures? If so I can add them to our wiki.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Apr 2016, 16:00

Do you have the lock switches Terry? I've found two different kinds of NEC lock.

Chyros

13 Apr 2016, 17:04

Very nice, didn't know there were that many types! I see you don't have the yellow ones yet though ;) .

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 17:10

seebart wrote:
Scarpia wrote: @terrycherry: Wow :)
:shock: Nice terrycherry. Being in Asia you always manage to get these rare items. So these are your pictures? If so I can add them to our wiki.
Yes,I took the photo last night. You could see that I always put my keyboard or switches on my BlackBerry mouse pad 8-)

seebart

13 Apr 2016, 17:12

OK I was only asking to be sure that I can use it for our wiki.

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 17:19

Blaise170 wrote: Do you have the lock switches Terry? I've found two different kinds of NEC lock.
Yes,I do. I have one black lock(NEC mount1) and cream lock(NEC mount2). Did you have the NEC APC-H412 keyboard? It maybe have the blue lock and something brand new switch inside the space bar or big keycaps(I guess)

Chyros: What you means the "yellow one"? The cream one seems like yellow or you means Daniel's green one?
I had the green on my very first NEC switch.

seebart: Yes,that's what I love to help for the wiki. Thanks my friend :lol:
Last edited by terrycherry on 13 Apr 2016, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

seebart

13 Apr 2016, 17:21

Yeah I've never heard of a yellow one either. Link / pic Chyros!

Sandy's got "Half translucent white" though. :shock:

http://sandy55.fc2web.com/keyboard/keyboard.html

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 17:33

Yes, I have the white(transparent) see the photo above.
But I haven't the low profile switch.

seebart

13 Apr 2016, 17:38

terrycherry wrote: Yes, I have the white(transparent) see the photo above.
But I haven't the low profile switch.
Well what you got is great, these are all pretty rare.

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 17:47

The cream variant have new and old variant. Sandy didn't know it. You can see the logo on the switch.

Chyros

13 Apr 2016, 18:10

terrycherry wrote: Chyros: What you means the "yellow one"? The cream one seems like yellow or you means Daniel's green one?
I had the green on my very first NEC switch.
Never heard of green ones =o .

I just realised that the yellows are very desaturated and don't show all that well on my crappy phone camera, but IMO don't really look like cream, more like the liquid off curdled milk. Or piss. "NEC Oval Piss".

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 18:17

That's the green one, not call yellow, maybe I should name it pale green. It maybe the stock on NEC, I never seen it on keyboards.
And Daniel made the wrong name "Cream" to this pale green NEC switch on Wiki.
Sandy showed the photo and talked about the cream switch on his website. The color of cream switch seems like my photo above. Maybe Daniel haven't the cream one, can't see the difference.
Last edited by terrycherry on 13 Apr 2016, 18:47, edited 2 times in total.

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 18:34

IMG_1649.jpg
IMG_1649.jpg (974.27 KiB) Viewed 15454 times
Time gone fast. I took the pale green above years...

Chyros

13 Apr 2016, 18:44

It looks the same colour as mine yeah, but by no stretch of the imagination could I possibly call that green xD .

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 18:49

Chyros wrote: It looks the same colour as mine yeah, but by no stretch of the imagination could I possibly call that green xD .
Of course. We're the same. This stock only came from one shop on Taobao!

seebart

13 Apr 2016, 18:53

Chyros wrote: It looks the same colour as mine yeah, but by no stretch of the imagination could I possibly call that green xD .
Light green. :maverick:

terrycherry

13 Apr 2016, 18:54

Great. Name it.

Return to “Deskthority wiki talk”