New here!

decryphe

22 Nov 2015, 12:24

Hullo and good sunday to all of you!

Just found out about the group buys here on deskthority for keycaps and other wondrous items, which is what led me here in the first place. So far this seems like a rather nice place to stay as well, I've been lacking a bit in the online community department (since the great facebook, forums as main way of communication seem to have gotten much less important).

One thing I was wondering about was, why my PM to 7bot is staying in the outbox instead of being sent. Is that something that is limited by some kind of forum rule?

And about my setup: At home I'm using a CMStorm trigger (mx blacks, macro keys and usb hub) with the turquoise/black SA keycap set from PMK, at work a wasdkeyboards board with mx clears and the selectric SA keycap set from PMK. What I wanted to get from the 7bot was the international keycaps set, as I use swedish on all my keyboards, even though I don't have a single one with the correct labelling. I thought I'd change that.

Also saw some threads about chairs and desks, I'll be lurking those over the next few days, because I need something more ergonomic in that department. A muscle in my back gave out yesterday and had me bound to the bed for the last 30 hours. Very painful and random.

HAL

22 Nov 2015, 12:40

Welcome to DT :)

Abandon hope all ye who enter here :o

Keyboards can be quite expensive. I see you already started buying key caps. Pretty soon you will find out about a whole new universe beyond Cherry and get intrigued by Topre, IBM Buckling Spring (Model M and Model F), Beam Springs, Alps, ...

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2015, 12:44

Ain't that the truth.
decryphe wrote: A muscle in my back gave out yesterday and had me bound to the bed for the last 30 hours. Very painful and random.
Ouch! That will be the MX blacks…

Seriously, I'd try standing, or at least a different keyboard posture, display height, etc.

klikkyklik

22 Nov 2015, 12:46

Welcome aboard!

Madhias
BS TORPE

22 Nov 2015, 13:16

Welcome to DT!
decryphe wrote: One thing I was wondering about was, why my PM to 7bot is staying in the outbox instead of being sent. Is that something that is limited by some kind of forum rule?
It is because of the nature of the bot not being totally a bot and therefor the bot reads PMs not instantly - just when the time is right to read PMs. There is defintely some human part inside the bot...

decryphe

22 Nov 2015, 13:22

HAL wrote: Welcome to DT :)

Abandon hope all ye who enter here :o

Keyboards can be quite expensive. I see you already started buying key caps. Pretty soon you will find out about a whole new universe beyond Cherry and get intrigued by Topre, IBM Buckling Spring (Model M and Model F), Beam Springs, Alps, ...
Good keyboards are worth money. Good quality anything is worth money, I rarely buy cheap stuff when I actually buy something. Fortunately non-cheap doesn't mean expensive, there's a huge market for used things where it's possible to find great deals. For example an Onkyo TX515 for 5$ (broken, but covered by a recall, so I sent it in and got it fixed for free).
Muirium wrote: Ouch! That will be the MX blacks…
Actually was changing tires on my car the previous day, I suppose that was the reason. The muscle died while showering in the morning after, of all places possible... Blacks should rather provoke RSI in the arms than something in the lower back.

@Madhias: Thanks for the info! Let's see when he turns into HAL9000

Halvar

22 Nov 2015, 13:33

Madhias wrote: Welcome to DT!
decryphe wrote: One thing I was wondering about was, why my PM to 7bot is staying in the outbox instead of being sent. Is that something that is limited by some kind of forum rule?
It is because of the nature of the bot not being totally a bot and therefor the bot reads PMs not instantly - just when the time is right to read PMs. There is defintely some human part inside the bot...
The bot only reads the notification mail (that contains a copy of the pm), never the pm itself, that’s why all pms to 7bot stay forever in the outbox. The outbox contains pms that have been sent but were not read by the recipient yet.

Muirium
µ

22 Nov 2015, 13:38

The genius of the bot is the fact that everyone else on the forum does 7bit's explaining and customer support for him. Brilliantly cunning!

Even so, I know people who have been turned off from joining his buys. He'd be better off with a webstore. As would we.

Madhias
BS TORPE

22 Nov 2015, 15:36

Halvar wrote:
Madhias wrote: It is because of the nature of the bot not being totally a bot and therefor the bot reads PMs not instantly - just when the time is right to read PMs. There is defintely some human part inside the bot...
The bot only reads the notification mail (that contains a copy of the pm), never the pm itself, that’s why all pms to 7bot stay forever in the outbox. The outbox contains pms that have been sent but were not read by the recipient yet.
Ah, that's the correct answer! Same happens to me, when I see I got a new message, but already read the mail a while ago...

Return to “Off-topic”