Post your desktop.

Hypersphere

31 Dec 2015, 16:16

Muirium wrote: I could use any mouse. The Magic Mouse is my favourite of all. The killer feature is touch scrolling — I always loathed click wheels — which Apple does with momentum, in much the same way on the mouse and trackpad, and quite like the iPhone and iPad too. Consistency!

Also, I'm a fingertip gripper. Big palm mice get a thumbs down from me. There are definitely people who like the Magic Mouse but can't stand the size, as they want a mouse they can rest their hand on. But for me it's essentially perfect. I don't even rest my hands on my keyboard, why would I lean on a mouse!
Although we see eye to eye on many things, our paths diverge when it comes to mice. I have been unable to use the Magic Mouse. I like to rest my palm on a hunchbacked mouse like the Razer Deathadder Black Edition, which also has the best scroll wheel I have ever used. Unfortunately, it seems this mouse is not longer reproducing and you have to go to the Asian black market to find surplus stock at exorbitant prices.

SL89

31 Dec 2015, 21:20

Just cleaned my desk at work:

Madhias
BS TORPE

31 Dec 2015, 21:28

31.12. - so it is legit!

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

01 Jan 2016, 01:36

SL89 wrote: Just cleaned my desk at work:

Man, your board still look super nasty. :shock:

shreebles
Finally 60%

01 Jan 2016, 13:44

ramnes wrote: super nasty. :shock:
Just like that pic on the wall! Brutal... :lol:

Okeg

09 Jan 2016, 10:16

My battlestation used to look good.. used to..
Spoiler:

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

09 Jan 2016, 10:22

What keyboard is this? And is your monitor opened or is this something other above the screen?

Okeg

09 Jan 2016, 10:28

hypkx wrote: What keyboard is this? And is your monitor opened or is this something other above the screen?
It's some crappy logitech keyboard I found in the garbage :oops: And yeah, I was supposed to debezel my monitor, but it didn't work out so now the display itself is no longer held together by the electronics.

Madhias
BS TORPE

10 Jan 2016, 22:36

Okeg wrote: My battlestation used to look good.. used to..
Spoiler:
I have those KOSS headphones too!

Here's mine, not that much changed. I have this standing desk now for a while, which is really great. Then there is a HHKB, AKG headphones with a cable from Pexon (with the amazing name 'Zombie Sludge'), and freshly arranged hard drives ready for a BTRFS pool, which I want to use from now on. Also there is no dedicated graphics card, I put it out today and it will be replaced probably with a smaller one than I have now (a big ATI 6950, which I actually don't need at all and it was too power consuming, but silent). Therefor you see in the background that the screen is not filled, because I need to get full resolution again. I am running there Arch Linux now as main OS since two or three months, and it is great so far.

shreebles
Finally 60%

11 Jan 2016, 06:48

Nice setup!

Could you name the model of the standing desk that you bought? Are you happy with it? I am considering a standing desk for myself as well, but I also want an adjustable model and I'm not sure what to buy.

Also, is there no static noise running those AKGs straight from the front panel? :D

Katherine

11 Jan 2016, 08:07

Was doing some low light photography and snapped a not so experimental one, bit of distortion with all the color correction. Not a great shot to give a good sense of scale but my desk ends just to the left of my monitor by about 30cm. Got a full album of my stuff here.
http://imgur.com/a/uZ4rx

Not much impressive stuff so won't bother listing it off.

andrewjoy

11 Jan 2016, 10:57

SL89 wrote: Just cleaned my desk at work:

Are they Lenovo M92s ?

We used loads of them in my old work to refit all the computers ( several 1000s )

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Jan 2016, 21:49

Am I desking properly, gents?
Attachments
DSC01219.jpg
DSC01219.jpg (986.79 KiB) Viewed 7353 times

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

22 Jan 2016, 21:52

Mark all you need is a trackball on the upper right desk area near the keyboard then you would have the perfect work/gaming hybrid desk.

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 Jan 2016, 22:16

I've tried trackballs before... Never really enjoyed them.

Part of the reason is my tendency to disable all mouse acceleration in the operating system, which makes them somewhat finicky. They also seem to lack the speedy precision of my gaming mouse (and teflon-like mousepad).

It could come down to experience, I suppose.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

23 Jan 2016, 06:17

It depends what trackball you use, for instance I never enjoyed thumb trackballs but I love my slimblade.

But I can understand the want for the precision of a mouse.

suclearnub

23 Jan 2016, 06:59

I use my Surface at home and outside... it's perfect.
Outside, I use my FC660C Image

And at home, I use my SSK. Image

Smoothers

29 Jan 2016, 20:20

Thats pretty nifty you guys can use keyboards with those tablets. Ive never owned one but that would possibly sway me.

Heres what Ive been working on over the past few months since my last post here:

New desktop built out of yellow pine, I ditched my plywood desk and decided to build my own out of planks. Was quite a learning experience, I had no idea you had to plane wood, or anything about joining. I ended up buying a cheap hand plane from harbor freight and doing it the oldschool way. It took me probably more time than I care to admit, but what the heck I was learning. And I wouldn't technically call it level, but its good enough to use a keyboard and mouse lol.

Muirium
µ

29 Jan 2016, 20:24

Actually, I could use a new desk someday too. My old IKEA Anton is all scuffed up and stained from 24 years of keyboards and mice rubbing around on top. It's showing more than I'd like in my photos!

7bit

30 Jan 2016, 14:06

Nice table!
:ugeek:

But why don't you put the machine on the floor?
:?

Muirium
µ

30 Jan 2016, 18:50

Because the fish would get lonely down there!

Smoothers

31 Jan 2016, 00:27

7bit wrote: Nice table!
:ugeek:

But why don't you put the machine on the floor?
:?
Thanks!

I used to do that for a long time, but recently switched to having it all desk side. Inspiration from this forum and youtube and stuff is what made me do it, I suppose. As long as you don't have any whiney fans in there its pretty nice Image

copter
Last Man Standing

31 Jan 2016, 09:06

My home office looks like this at the moment:

In my TODO list is to install the main screen to a wall mount and at the same time arrange all cables better that are currently behind it, so I'll get rid of the ugly black stand and can arrange my audio stuff a bit better.

I have some remote controlled LED strips installed behind the screen, which provide nice ambient light to my working space.

shreebles
Finally 60%

31 Jan 2016, 16:45

Very nice, what keyboard is that on the left?

Also, if you ever feel like simplifying having two sets of mouse and keyboard on your desk, there is a software called Synergy. I recommend it, allows using two computers with just one mouse and keyboard. Also supports various operating systems.

copter
Last Man Standing

31 Jan 2016, 17:09

Keyboard on the left is IBM 5140, I have some more info about that in here: workshop-f7/ibm-5140-convertible-conversion-t9666.html

Main keyboard is CM QuickFire Rapid-I, which I have given white Plasti Dip treatment and equipped with Ducky Shine White keycaps.

I prefer to have separate input devices for secondary computer. I used to have KVM, but decided to let it go some years ago too. My opinion is that when using just one keyboard with two computers, switching between controllable device usually causes issues at some point. For example if I'm gaming on the main PC and while re-spawning I wan't to write couple lines into Linux shell on other PC, this most probably causes problems. Also as I keep the other computer on the side, my main keyboard and mouse are never really well aligned to be used with secondary one, so I would need to be typing in front of me while my head should be in 45 degree angle at the same time.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

01 Feb 2016, 22:52

Just added that Massdrop mat, I like it:

shreebles
Finally 60%

02 Feb 2016, 12:38

copter wrote: Keyboard on the left is IBM 5140, I have some more info about that in here: workshop-f7/ibm-5140-convertible-conversion-t9666.html

Main keyboard is CM QuickFire Rapid-I, which I have given white Plasti Dip treatment and equipped with Ducky Shine White keycaps.
Yea I found it, replied in that thread as well :)
copter wrote: I prefer to have separate input devices for secondary computer. I used to have KVM, but decided to let it go some years ago too. My opinion is that when using just one keyboard with two computers, switching between controllable device usually causes issues at some point. For example if I'm gaming on the main PC and while re-spawning I wan't to write couple lines into Linux shell on other PC, this most probably causes problems. Also as I keep the other computer on the side, my main keyboard and mouse are never really well aligned to be used with secondary one, so I would need to be typing in front of me while my head should be in 45 degree angle at the same time.
All valid points, for me it was useful sometimes but not needed every day. For example, when putting my laptop next to my desktop PC, or putting a Surface Pro below my monitor as a second computer without a mouse and keyboard, very useful.

stratokaster

03 Feb 2016, 11:20

My wife and I live in a small 1-bedroom apartment. We also both work from home. That's why I was forced to convert one of our two balconies into a makeshift home office. It's fully insulated and remains quite warm even when it's –20 degrees centigrade outside.
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg (266.35 KiB) Viewed 6876 times
The keyboard is Magicforce 68 (I'm still deciding whether to keep or sell it; my daily driver is Unicomp SpaceSaver M) and the mouse is a temporary arrangement.

Thumper
knock knock

19 Feb 2016, 14:16

Made the shot some weeks ago.

czarek

07 Mar 2016, 13:44

I took a picture of my current setup for another thread but thought I could share it here too.
Setup.jpg
Setup.jpg (879.69 KiB) Viewed 6610 times

Return to “Gallery”