The NEW Geekhack is ONLINE with a NEW Look!

thegunner100

02 Jul 2012, 17:34

Ripster is the # 1 keyboard expert on the planet, AND a potato.

TexasFlood

02 Jul 2012, 17:38

thegunner100 wrote:Ripster is the # 1 keyboard expert on the planet
He is, just ask him! :lol:

In the old days Ripster would have followed up on this within like 2 seconds, not might be more like 2 hours.
Last edited by TexasFlood on 02 Jul 2012, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

ripster

02 Jul 2012, 17:39

7bit wrote:
shawn o wrote:Can we please have Ripster banned from this subforum?
Now that his postes are restricted to 1 per hour, there is no need for a ban anymore. Also, would be nice if iMav takes him back home, once GH is up again.
Lol, at least it gives me more time for ...

http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/new/

UPVOTE ME
Spoiler:
Bhtooefr told me on IRC he would volunteer to take up the slack helping the keyboard noobs here:

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/

And the likelihood of iMav taking me back after THIS thread?

Do a Poll!
Spoiler:
Is ripster Bill Murray in a literal or figurative sense?
I vote BILL MURRAY!
Spoiler:
Last edited by ripster on 02 Jul 2012, 18:48, edited 7 times in total.

TexasFlood

02 Jul 2012, 17:41

TexasFlood wrote:
thegunner100 wrote:In the old days Ripster would have followed up on this within like 2 seconds, not might be more like 2 hours.
I spoke too soon, he was saving his ammo I guess :D

Typhaeon

02 Jul 2012, 17:45

TexasFlood, #1 Q*Bert Expert on the Planet.

It unfortunately doesn't look like there's any forum big enough to contain the ripster, or ghost containment vault. I'm trying to think of a Ghostbusters analogy; is iMav the EPA guy, and is webwit the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Duck? Is ripster Bill Murray in a literal or figurative sense?

I'm so confused.

TexasFlood

02 Jul 2012, 18:02

SO... Who is slimer and who did he slime, who is the Gatekeeper & the Keymaster? I'm lost...

Typhaeon

02 Jul 2012, 19:01

I'm afraid the concept of Slimer has been ruined for all time by the advent of the Internet and "ironic" rule 34 "artists". I guess uncharitable people could consider ripster Slimer for his yeoman's work as a provocateur, but I'm not one of them.

I guess Slimer would be that boostNY guy or whatever his name was who only posted monosyllables/sentence fragments from his phone all the time, since he seemed to ooze all over the Geekhack threads. Strangely enough, his incoherence seems to belie a canny intellect, as he was gearing up to make a run of ClickClack-like custom keys relatively recently back on GH. It's like finding out Slimer was a talented ice sculptor when he wasn't running around covering people in his sticky, viscous goo. But really, what kind of a keyboard hobbyist apparently never uses one to communicate, or types more than about five words at a time?

Keymaster would be megnin, because his singular obsession with keyboards matches Louis Tully's fixation with his work as an accountant. It's kinda weird, since I originally figured megnin to be a woman because of the "Meg" part. Unfortunately, he isn't Meghan the Ninja.

If the worst of the mouth-breathers at GH didn't frighten off most of the female posters there, and if one of them happened to be attracted to/repulsed by megnin, I would have a relevant analogue for your "Gatekeeper", but I got nothin', pal.

And furthermore,

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

03 Jul 2012, 07:01

Your picture is outdated. I voted YES in the second poll even though I voted NO in the first.

ripster

03 Jul 2012, 09:12

7bit wrote:
Now that his postes are restricted to 1 per hour, there is no need for a ban anymore. Also, would be nice if iMav takes him back home, once GH is up again.

Fuck you too.

Hey, this is not a bad look!
new geekhack.PNG
new geekhack.PNG (62.83 KiB) Viewed 7806 times

dirge

03 Jul 2012, 09:40

You can't all pile over here and expect to dictate the same conditions as gh. Ripster was here using this site for the same reason many gh'ers are now, well before the recent flood.

Ripster posting once an hour isn't bothering me, the state the marketplace is in does! And will draw things out here beyond the new site's arrival.

Also you only post once every two months :p why you bothered?

fossala
Elite +1

03 Jul 2012, 09:43

dirge wrote:
You can't all pile over here and expect to dictate the same conditions as gh. Ripster was here using this site for the same reason many gh'ers are now, well before the recent flood.

Ripster posting once an hour isn't bothering me, the state the marketplace is in does! And will draw things out here beyond the new site's arrival.

You seem to be on the same waveleght as me on most things. Must be a UK thing.

mkawa

03 Jul 2012, 09:51

no.
dirge wrote:You can't all pile over here and expect to dictate the same conditions as gh.
exactly.

we are guests here. please remember this.

dirge

03 Jul 2012, 10:08

Many are guests I really like mate, many put lots of their time in helping others out. I'm a grumpy old bastard and should realise I've no more right to complain about the few pain gh'ers being here, than they do about ripster.

7bit

03 Jul 2012, 10:24

Just take him back to GH and apply some post restriction like 1 post per 15 minutes, or a total 25 posts per day.

off

03 Jul 2012, 11:39

ripster wrote:
7bit wrote:
Lol, at least it gives me more time for ...
From there, to here:
ripster wrote:
7bit wrote:
Fuck you too.
In just 16 hours.

Was going to say something to the effect of '1/hr seems a tad rough'... but I forgot what it was. :lol:

illalwaysactyoung

03 Jul 2012, 12:00

1 per hour seems lenient.

noobandroid

03 Jul 2012, 12:29

1 per hour has already been very nice to him

kalrykh

03 Jul 2012, 12:44

What causes someone to go from the most helpful and productive member of a community to a social pariah?

off

03 Jul 2012, 13:14

Seeing how rip is either getting back on the monk's path, sleeping, or spamming reddit at the moment; I'll say that 1/hour is not something that seems at all workable to me personally, but I guess I'm not quite the average poster either.
Plus the whole point was (afaict) to persuade him to make less 'vote here' and other irrelevant posts, not to post less in general / drive him off.
Guess someone should just pray for the guy ^^

Soarer

03 Jul 2012, 13:33

I think the point was simply to limit his impact on the overall signal-to-noise ratio. You can lead an ass to water, but you can't make him drink!

Charlie_Brown_MX

03 Jul 2012, 14:52

fossala wrote:
dirge wrote:

You seem to be on the same waveleght as me on most things. Must be a UK thing.
It *could* be a UK thing… or it could just be common courtesy.

It’s incredibly cheeky to be invited to stay on someone’s sofa after your house has burned down, then turn around and start telling them you don’t want some of their guests to be allowed in their own house. If the presence of ripster is so offensive to shawn o, he’s more than welcome to leave and keep F5ing Geekhack until it comes back.

ripster

03 Jul 2012, 15:01

Soarer wrote:I think the point was simply to limit his impact on the overall signal-to-noise ratio. You can lead an ass to water, but you can't make him drink!
Soarer's Soreness Soars!

Somebody help this noob!

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/hdd ... t3102.html
I have a PS/2 Motherboard compatibility guide showing many modern motherboards having wonky PS/2 ports.

Try a USB adapter.
+1

DaXxJaPxX wrote:Noob's take on ripster: Can sometimes be a dick, but 90% of the time its funny anyway. And he does seem to know the most about the world of keyboards, but has clearly offended too many people/mods, and now he's banned on GH and more people hate him. Just lighten up and enjoy his dark/asshole-ish sense of humor and learn something from the guy. Yea he might be a douche sometimes (no offense), but when your reporting him to a mod or wanting him banned, take a good look at yourself and realize you're the one crying to an ONLINE FORUM moderator about words someone posted on the INTERNET. /rant
No offense taken. I don't really understand all the RipsterHate either, as does MOST of the Internet.
http://cdn.overclock.net/3/38/38e1185f_SgYS3.png
http://deskthority.net/geekhacker-refug ... tml#p49283
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showp ... count=5665

I have an enormous schwanzenstücker, especially compared to Söärêrs!
Voof!

Ünd Meanvïle Aüch Deutschland.
http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comme ... _posts_at/
Last edited by ripster on 03 Jul 2012, 16:00, edited 6 times in total.

DaXxJaPxX

03 Jul 2012, 15:22

Noob's take on ripster: Can sometimes be a dick, but 90% of the time its funny anyway. And he does seem to know the most about the world of keyboards, but has clearly offended too many people/mods, and now he's banned on GH and more people hate him. Just lighten up and enjoy his dark/asshole-ish sense of humor and learn something from the guy. Yea he might be a douche sometimes (no offense), but when your reporting him to a mod or wanting him banned, take a good look at yourself and realize you're the one crying to an ONLINE FORUM moderator about words someone posted on the INTERNET. /rant

bhtooefr

03 Jul 2012, 15:53

The problem is that he turned Geekhack into Ripsterhack, and the community actually started dissolving IMO (and being replaced with OCN types).

ripster

03 Jul 2012, 16:01

Oh you.

We already talked about this on IRC. The One Hour Throttling of my posts means your time is better spent answering noob questions like I always used to do than trying to change ol' Ripster.

You gonna blame me for all the GH behaviour AFTER I was permabanned too?

Not my fault I published the best Keyboard Content on the InterToobs in an entertaining, non-Geeky manner.

Anyhoo, BACK TO THE TOPIC PLEASE!
http://www.reddit.com/r/keyboards/comme ... up_nicely/

If you want to talk about Ripster Banning THIS is the appropriate thread:
http://deskthority.net/geekhacker-refug ... tml#p58351
off wrote:
ripster wrote:Unread post1 minute ago
Oh you.
Leaving us 59minutes to trashtalk the guy.

Or so I wanted to say, forgetting that he can just spend an hour editing that post.... :roll:
TRue Dat!
7bit wrote:
off wrote:
Oh you.

Or so I wanted to say, forgetting that he can just spend an hour editing that post.... :roll:
More like 53 minutes to close the gap of more than 600 posts he is ahead of me!
Yah Mein Herr! Du Math ist Sehr Gut!
Last edited by ripster on 03 Jul 2012, 16:17, edited 3 times in total.

off

03 Jul 2012, 16:07

Oh you.

7bit

03 Jul 2012, 16:15

off wrote:
Oh you.

More like 53 minutes to close the gap of more than 600 posts he is ahead of me!

ripster

03 Jul 2012, 17:05

Oh Hai!

In case you missed the r/keyboards link I posted earlier.

Feel free to ask me questions here during the next hour.
NEBUCHADNEZZAR wrote:christ ripster, when do you sleep?
At night. NEXT question?

And regarding Mkawa's post:
but we will focus on facilitating the design and production of cool, geeky stuff in general, even if that stuff has more to do with photography, audio, or any other geeky pursuits.
Damn, that is my SPECIALTY. Tube Amps, Woodworking, Speaker Building, Photography (duh), pens, Computer Logo Mug Collecting, Lego (I know, I know, you guys HATE lego, nvm).

Keyboards is kind of a passing fancy.

Oh wait. I smell the smoke from burning bridges.

How is the IP address Banning Module in the new Geekhack Platform?

Anybody Like Fonts here?
http://www.reddit.com/r/typography/comm ... bio_cover/
TexasFlood wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:The problem is that he turned Geekhack into Ripsterhack, and the community actually started dissolving IMO (and being replaced with OCN types).
When Ripster started "breaking bad"?
geekgirl breaking bad.jpg
Rofl. Hey, it's been over an hour and I STILL can't post!
MagicMeatball wrote:
http: //julianlytle.com/images/U%20Mad%20folder/OJ%20U%20mad.jpg
Double Rofl.
Last edited by ripster on 03 Jul 2012, 20:17, edited 6 times in total.

NEBUCHADNEZZAR

03 Jul 2012, 17:16

christ ripster, when do you sleep?

TexasFlood

03 Jul 2012, 20:03

bhtooefr wrote:The problem is that he turned Geekhack into Ripsterhack, and the community actually started dissolving IMO (and being replaced with OCN types).
When Ripster started "breaking bad"?
geekgirl breaking bad.jpg
geekgirl breaking bad.jpg (3.48 KiB) Viewed 7539 times
Not sure if that looks more like Geekgirl Walt or Geekgirl Dalai Lama :lol:
Last edited by TexasFlood on 03 Jul 2012, 22:53, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Geekhacker refugee camp”