Glissant's giveaway! WINNERS ANNOUNCED INSIDE.

MagicMeatball

30 Jun 2012, 20:26

off wrote:MMB:
Glissant wrote:A couple of additions that came to mind during the night:
Only 1 entry per person. If you post more than one I will have to ask you to pick one, and delete the other(s).
Looks like some HQ engraving on the black keys in the last pic though!
Aye, they are the KBC ones from Feng :)

MagicMeatball

30 Jun 2012, 20:28

damorgue wrote:If I remember correctly, these where yours as well? http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2897/dsc0311k.jpg
Nah, they are mine. You can tell by the crappy brown fake leather table cover I use in all my photos :P

tsangan

30 Jun 2012, 21:13

CeeSA wrote:ok, first i would like to throw in my last Cherry G80 1501 tenkeyless Mod:

[Frigging amazing looking keyboard.jpg]
[Frigging amazing looking keyboard2.jpg]
[Frigging amazing looking keyboard3.jpg]

Modding thread:http://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/cher ... t2610.html

*edit* sorry, this case had no cardreader. I took the pic away.Normally there is a card reader and i mod another 1501 with cardreader. But this topside should be from a HAD or something.
This one looks AMAZING CeeSA, I saw the dark blue one before but I have to say the baby blue was an amazing choice, too nice for words :D

off

30 Jun 2012, 22:50

MagicMeatball wrote:
off wrote:Looks like some HQ engraving on the black keys in the last pic though!
Aye, they are the KBC ones from Feng :)
Man, thanks.. :cry:
"pick one, and delete the other(s)" and he chooses the one that's most likely to impress gil's girl. tsk tsk!
Loved the other shots personally, third for the black caps, first way more for something but I can't remember the pic.. ;)

Reptile

01 Jul 2012, 01:30

Gray Leopold FC700R modded to ergo-clears with purple LED's. All work done by MagicMeatball; Many thanks :-)

I plan on adding some dolch once I get my moogle :mrgreen:

MagicMeatball

01 Jul 2012, 04:04

Reptile wrote: Gray Leopold FC700R modded to ergo-clears with purple LED's. All work done by MagicMeatball; Many thanks :-)

I plan on adding some dolch once I get my moogle :mrgreen:
Your photos make the purple LED's look amazing :D

thegunner100

01 Jul 2012, 05:59

DSC_4757_3_2.jpg
DSC_4757_3_2.jpg (963.03 KiB) Viewed 8972 times

Glissant

01 Jul 2012, 07:34

Hey, didn't somebody post a pink filco with pastel key caps? Where did that submission go?

boost, were you meant to post a picture in you post? =).

nntnam

01 Jul 2012, 09:09

So how many pics am I allowed to post?

Black Filco with dolch keyset and RGB set from mbc's GB ;).
Last edited by nntnam on 01 Aug 2012, 11:20, edited 5 times in total.

Glissant

02 Jul 2012, 16:05

You can post as many pictures as you feel is necessary to show off your stuff, but don't forget that I only want one kind of setup.

Keep the submissions coming =D.

noobandroid

03 Jul 2012, 13:24

praying hard that my keycaps come in time,so i can have a chance, now my kb is just plain illumination, nothing fun

CeeSA

03 Jul 2012, 15:02

yep, may the best keycap juggler win this contest :lol:

sorry, i could'nt resist.

what's about
- Maarten's custom cables
- Maarten's UNBREAKEYABLE

Glissant

03 Jul 2012, 17:38

What are you talking about CeeSA? One of your modifications will be entered into the contest as soon as you pick one.

For those that don't like to read the whole thread to get all the information. This contest is not only about key caps. It's also about any kind of modification and/or addition you have made to your keyboard(s). You pick one you like most and take a picture of it or illustrate it in a drawing (computer graphics are also encouraged), then you post it here for everybody to see.
Only one entry per person, but you can take as many pictures of that entry as you want (try to make it a pretty post if you have a lot of picture).

We are enjoying your submissions a lot so far. Please keep them coming, and don't be shy. You never know what we like as individuals. Any mod/addon/key cap design/juggling/paint job/etc... can win =)

boost

03 Jul 2012, 18:15

boost wrote: Robogeek
O.o

off

03 Jul 2012, 18:27

And boost, nice, made that yourself? (actually, weren't you the one posting that how-to diy caps guide over at GH?)

inlikeflynn

03 Jul 2012, 19:19

Project Green Bean

Nothing more than a mock up at this point and who knows if i'll ever get around to hacking together a prototype.

Its kind of like a G80-2500 made tenkeyless I suppose.
The closest thing i've seen elsewhere is this PCB imsto sells (http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17027924016) which I may just end up getting and using instead. Although that one has the F row still
green_bean.png
green_bean.png (87.42 KiB) Viewed 8812 times
a possible key layout
green_bean_layout.png
green_bean_layout.png (81.03 KiB) Viewed 8812 times

Ascaii
The Beard

03 Jul 2012, 21:34

Ill enter with my MX green, wood edition keyboard.

Wood casing was not made by me... a lucky find on ebay that I was able to modify that I was able to put a g80-3000 shell inside. Modded the keyboard to Mx greens as well.
before.jpg
before.jpg (174.26 KiB) Viewed 8801 times
before_switch.jpg
before_switch.jpg (145.22 KiB) Viewed 8801 times
Final.jpg
Final.jpg (196.07 KiB) Viewed 8801 times
P1050740.jpg
P1050740.jpg (149.29 KiB) Viewed 8801 times

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Jul 2012, 11:02

This is my cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2. Only 3 keycaps (moogle2 windows and menu) aren't brand new vintage cherry DS. I had to mod a cherry flat capslock to left-stem so that it would fit. I used an ISO |\ for the new stem, but filed down the square to wafer thin so that the height would be the same. I used a jig to get all the angles exact. The numpad is a combination of 2 cherry numpads. It doesn't have the secondary function printing for when num lock is off. I've never seen anybody else with this combined numpad. I have 4 of these combined numpads because I like them so much.
EDIT: I also lubed the inside of the capslock switch with krytox 205 because it would jitter when I pressed it on the right side. It is now buttery smooth, but I prefer the graininess of reds so I wont lube the rest of the board.

Just because I didn't join a shitload of groupbuys doesn't mean I can't customize my board with vintage goodness. And no matter what anybody says - The 3494 is the king of reds, and by extension boobs. Clouds of them.

RougeRambo

04 Jul 2012, 13:52

well, i have no idea if this will be ready in time, but i call it Mein Frankenboard, will be a portable typing gaming hybrid do it all board, as well as a bit of an example test board, base will be on a nopppoo choc mini MX blue

- i am currently only missing 6 mx Red switches and still have yet to order key caps and rit dye.
all key caps will correspond will cherry key switch colour, apart from ergo clears which might be white.
other options might be to use all clear caps and have coloured LEDs corresponding to switch type

AKIMbO

04 Jul 2012, 14:19

I'll enter with my modded IBM F XT. Adding a teensy 2.0 controller internally and replaced the AT cable with a USB cable. I used the stock cable stress relief block to keep the keyboard looking as stock as possible.

RougeRambo

05 Jul 2012, 00:45

Your mouse mat appears to be upside down sir or is that image reversed idk.

also how is the FIIO e9, im thinking of getting one or perhaps battling through and building an o2

Acanthophis

05 Jul 2012, 00:53

That Frankenboard is really quite a Frankenstein.

I can't imagine it will be pleasant to type on.

RougeRambo

05 Jul 2012, 01:46

DeathAdder wrote:That Frankenboard is really quite a Frankenstein.

I can't imagine it will be pleasant to type on.
it could be errmmm interesting haha, other than the WASD cluster all are tactile switches (brown/blue) so i assume other than a lack of clicky clacky there should not be too muc typing interference, might change the browns to ergo clears/clears.....but its Mien frankenboard its meant to be mad haha

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Jul 2012, 02:07

RougeRambo wrote:also how is the FIIO e9, im thinking of getting one or perhaps battling through and building an o2
I have a FiiO E7/E9 with Sennheiser HD650's. It is a very good cheap audiophile setup. I want a headroom crossfeed amp though...

Imersa

05 Jul 2012, 19:17

I will enter my white filco. I am now about to sell my very underused board to go for a hacker... Need to make up my damn mind!

Seen some nice boards here so worked out good :D

megnin

05 Jul 2012, 20:20

The idea is to map any image to the keycaps using dye-sublimation. I know no one will do this on Topre key caps even though it looks cool on an HHKB, but the same concept could be applied to MX key caps.
Attachments
Image mapped to key caps
Image mapped to key caps
800px-HHKB_Art_05.png (415.51 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
Image mapped to key caps
Image mapped to key caps
800px-HHKB_Art_03.png (373.46 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
Image mapped to key caps
Image mapped to key caps
800px-HHKB_Art_02.png (340.74 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
Image mapped to key caps
Image mapped to key caps
800px-HHKB_Art_01.png (368.59 KiB) Viewed 8292 times
Last edited by megnin on 01 Aug 2012, 16:01, edited 1 time in total.

Imersa

05 Jul 2012, 20:54

Ah love that audrey key! Big fan! do they have a range of keys at taobao?

Half-Saint

05 Jul 2012, 20:59

I'll enter my good old TG3 BL82 which was a junker board but I decided to completely refurbish it.

Mods done:
- MX Black switches replaced with MX Blue
- red LEDs replaced with orange LEDs
- case replaced with a transparent case from Deck

Project log

TG3 BL83 Before & After by Mr. Mayhem, on Flickr

asdf

06 Jul 2012, 07:06

I don't have a keyboard to enter with so I drew a tenkeyless case that would be awesome to have.
Note: not to scale, free draw, MS Paint, no items, Fox only, Final Destination
Attachments
filco2b.png
filco2b.png (6.5 KiB) Viewed 8366 times
filco2.png
filco2.png (9.73 KiB) Viewed 8386 times
Last edited by asdf on 27 Jul 2012, 03:12, edited 2 times in total.

DanGWanG

06 Jul 2012, 08:02

^dude...that is sick

Return to “Off-topic”