Topre @ 2015 Tokyo Game Show

Topre Enthusiast

18 Sep 2015, 11:24

Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/articles/2015/09/18/realforce/

As expected, Topre are at Tokyo Game Show showing off their adjustable actuation technology and the RGB Type Heaven.
They also announced a couple more Japanese-layout keyboards:

REALFORCE 108P-S:
Spoiler:
  • Full-size
  • White with white caps and dark grey mods (I wonder if the dark grey mods are going to be the new standard)
  • Variably weighted switches
  • PS/2 with N-key Rollover
REALFORCE 91UG-S:
Spoiler:
  • Tenkeyless
  • Black with grey caps (looks to be same colour as 108UG Hi-Pro)
  • 30g uniformly weighted switches
  • USB

Now, here's the most interesting part :)
Topre have finally revealed that they are considering changing the Realforce case design in 2016. Personally I love the old Realforce look with it's big chunky brow but I concede that a refresh is probably well overdue as it has been this design for close to 15 years now.

Muirium
µ

19 Sep 2015, 02:10

Intriguing. I was just reading the original article in Google Translate when I saw this:
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 12.53.07 am.jpeg
Screen Shot 2015-09-19 at 12.53.07 am.jpeg (177.85 KiB) Viewed 2705 times
Tell me more…

On topic: they're such a tease with the analog sensing stuff. I hope it comes along with the new case design, and I really hope said design doesn't suck! You're right that the Realforce is a class act, if an old one. Fingers crossed for a tasteful refresh. And a detachable cable at last!

The adjustable actuation height on the new Type Heaven sounds neat. I'd like to play with that.

But why must they tease me with the good looker being fullsize only? And PS/bloody/2… oh Topre.

romevi

19 Sep 2015, 04:05

Had to sell my one and only Realforce (87UB 55g) for some emergency cash, and I deeply mourn it every day.
I'm hoping that the case redesign doesn't make me regret my decision, and that it comes with a detachable cable, which is one thing I didn't like about the Realforce. The other was the black-on-black caps, so here's hoping for something different that doesn't cost as much as the Anniversary edition.

I really like the wide bezel on the good ol' Realforce, but we'll see what they have in store.

Topre Enthusiast

01 Dec 2015, 03:37

Thank you Mu for bringing this thread up again in the call for nominees thread :)
rzwv (Japanese keyboard collector) made a post recently on his blog where he visited a stand displaying some new EIZO products alongside the new Realforce keyboards and the Type Heaven RGB.

http://kbd.rzw.jp/column/151122_eizo-caravan/

Topre and EIZO are suddenly best pals or something? I suppose that makes sense as they're both considered to be makers of premium goods in their respective fields. What is the most interesting take-away from rzwv's post is that it seems that he's suggesting the keyboards will have the variable sensing technology unveiled at Computex.

Muirium
µ

01 Dec 2015, 11:29

Eizo has a great reputation going back at least to the 90s for top class displays. Makes sense they'd buddy up with fellow Japanese high end maker Topre. Your gaming skills won't improve with an Eizo display and Topre keyboard, but don't let that put you off nice kit!

Want analog sense Realforce. Need analog sense Realforce! Don't mess up the design, protocol, caps or layout please. And remember TKL…

Return to “News”