Cherry G81-3011? HBI [Olivetti]

Volks

02 May 2015, 06:36

I want to share this Cherry G81-3011? HBI(Olivetti KBD 2812 HBI). :D
I am not sure this call G81-3011 or not because the label on the controller PCB said G99-1180BAU. And it said G81-3000 EURO above the LEDs :shock: It is in Italian layout with PBT Dye-Sub keycaps. Modifiers that require stabilizers are not compatible with Cherry MX. All other keycaps are compatible with Cherry MX, but the size of the keycaps are actually smaller then the size of keycaps from GMK/Cherry. The original case is very yellow, so I put it into another 2812 HBI case.

Here are some photos, rest of the photos are in my album: http://imgur.com/a/pOQ5a#0

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

02 May 2015, 07:05

Are those cherry MY switches? I hear the black ones are not terrible unlike their newer counterpart. Nice blue legends.

Volks

02 May 2015, 07:07

Redmaus wrote: Are those cherry MY switches? I hear the black ones are not terrible unlike their newer counterpart. Nice blue legends.
Yes. They are Cherry MY switches. Imo, they feel better than the newer white one. I actually quite like the feeling :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

02 May 2015, 07:10

Volks wrote: […] Yes. They are Cherry MY switches. Imo, they feel better than the newer white one. […]
Much better.

BiNiaRiS

04 May 2015, 20:56

I have a set of these caps. Sixty told me at one point that these were not made by Cherry which makes sense. He thought he knew who made them but I don't remember if he ever told me.

3Love

04 May 2015, 22:39

This is really beautiful keyboard. But so dirty [CRYING FACE]

Volks

05 May 2015, 08:09

BiNiaRiS wrote: I have a set of these caps. Sixty told me at one point that these were not made by Cherry which makes sense. He thought he knew who made them but I don't remember if he ever told me.
I believe they are made by the same maker of the Triumph Adler PBT dye-sub. And there is a version of this board with Cherry made PBT dye-sub that all caps are MX compatible. I don't have luck to get one so far, though. :lol: Hopefully I can find one someday.
3Love wrote: This is really beautiful keyboard. But so dirty [CRYING FACE]
I cleaned it already. :o

BiNiaRiS

09 May 2015, 07:49

Volks wrote: I believe they are made by the same maker of the Triumph Adler PBT dye-sub. And there is a version of this board with Cherry made PBT dye-sub that all caps are MX compatible. I don't have luck to get one so far, though. :lol: Hopefully I can find one someday.
Most of the caps are already good to go. It wouldn't be too hard to modify the rest to fit mx.

Volks

10 May 2015, 07:55

BiNiaRiS wrote:
Volks wrote: I believe they are made by the same maker of the Triumph Adler PBT dye-sub. And there is a version of this board with Cherry made PBT dye-sub that all caps are MX compatible. I don't have luck to get one so far, though. :lol: Hopefully I can find one someday.
Most of the caps are already good to go. It wouldn't be too hard to modify the rest to fit mx.
:lol: I prefer not doing any irreversible mod

dorkvader

18 May 2015, 07:59

Volks wrote:
BiNiaRiS wrote:
:lol: I prefer not doing any irreversible mod
wouldn't be too hard to mod a costar stab to work with those caps i think.

much better to mod the stabilizer than the caps. new stabs are easy to get so irreversible mods to them are acceptable.

Return to “Gallery”