Just got my fist vintage!!!!!

derzemel

05 May 2015, 10:57

Just got my first vintage, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Can I now be officially part of the Deskthority family? :mrgreen:

At a first look, I has the Golden logo, and the F4 key is a little worn out.

I'll take better photos as soon as I will get home :mrgreen:

Edit: it seems that the "golden logo" is just the protective foil on the normal silver logo :P
Last edited by derzemel on 05 May 2015, 11:54, edited 2 times in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

05 May 2015, 11:02

And what a first one, gratz!

Where did you got it? :)

Khers

05 May 2015, 11:05

An AT is definitely not a bad place to start! Congrats!

derzemel

05 May 2015, 11:14

ramnes wrote: And what a first one, gratz!

Where did you got it? :)
I pried it from the dying hands of a friend and run without looking back :twisted:

Joking! :mrgreen: I made a friend in the city of Cluj here in Romania and he is passionate about vintage portable computers and laptops. He also had this AT in his stash/man cave... and he told me he had it for sale on a classifieds site for sometime (I nearly fainted :lol: ) but it did not get much interest... so... here it is :mrgreen:

I will not tell you how much I paid for it as I may get banned :lol:
Khers wrote: An AT is definitely not a bad place to start! Congrats!
Thank you!
Last edited by derzemel on 05 May 2015, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

05 May 2015, 12:07

Congrats on you nice AT derzemel! You are part of the family as long as you participate which you have been quite a bit recently. Yeah the plastic lets the badge appear golden on my XT also.

:ugeek:
Last edited by seebart on 05 May 2015, 15:02, edited 1 time in total.

derzemel

05 May 2015, 14:45

seebart wrote:Congrats on you nice AT derzemel! You are part of the family as long as you participate which you have been quite a bit recently. Yeah the plastic let's the badge appear golden on my XT also.

Thank you!! :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

05 May 2015, 15:07

Nice one! I still haven't managed to find an AT for a good price..

vsev

05 May 2015, 15:12

Bravo ! What a nice first indeed, I'd like to have one myself aswell ;!

Touch_It

05 May 2015, 16:31

Wow, nice! Heck of a way to start. There are no keyboard switches that feel as good as Capacitive Buckling Spring IMO. Odd that the F4 key is like that. It has either seen extreme usage or was defective from the factory, unless I'm missing something.

derzemel

05 May 2015, 17:28

photekq wrote: Nice one! I still haven't managed to find an AT for a good price..
Thank you!
I was also patient to catch something vintage at a decent price, but I was loosing my hope. Then I think a bird shat on my head (Romanian luck saying) and I lucked out big time on this one.
So be patient, there is hope yet :mrgreen:
But first, I hope you will find some Cyrillic script doubleshot or dyesub keycaps :D
vsev wrote: Bravo ! What a nice first indeed, I'd like to have one myself aswell ;!
Thank you! :mrgreen:
Just be patient. You never know when you'll have the chance to catch one :D
Touch_It wrote: Wow, nice! Heck of a way to start. There are no keyboard switches that feel as good as Capacitive Buckling Spring IMO. Odd that the F4 key is like that. It has either seen extreme usage or was defective from the factory, unless I'm missing something.
Thank you!
I think the F4 cap is defective from the factory as all of the caps have absolutely no shine on them, they are pristine.
I'll take some more detailed pictures this evening and I'll post them on this topic. I'll also try to get a macro image of the F4 key.

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

05 May 2015, 20:56

seebart wrote: Congrats on you nice AT derzemel! You are part of the family as long as you participate which you have been quite a bit recently. Yeah the plastic lets the badge appear golden on my XT also.

Not until someone gives you a hard time about your feet being in keyboard photos ...

... okay, now it's official. :lol:

chzel

05 May 2015, 21:04

Congrats on the really nice find! :mrgreen:
XMIT wrote: Not until someone gives you a hard time about your feet being in keyboard photos ...
A true accepted DTer must be a master in the art of levitation! :evilgeek:

macmakkara

05 May 2015, 22:12

Grats nice AT there ;)
chzel wrote:
XMIT wrote: Not until someone gives you a hard time about your feet being in keyboard photos ...
You mean how to throw yourself at the ground and miss?
http://www.extremelysmart.com/humor/howtofly.php

chzel

05 May 2015, 22:15

macmakkara wrote: Grats nice AT there ;)
chzel wrote:
Exactly! And never forget your towel.

macmakkara

05 May 2015, 23:09

chzel wrote:
macmakkara wrote:

Exactly! And never forget your towel.[/quote]

And remeber words. DON´T PANIC!

Yeah need to read those again :)

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

05 May 2015, 23:17

Ooh, congrats! The big enter and small backspace would drive me mad but if you like it good for you :)

derzemel

05 May 2015, 23:20

Sorry everybody! I know I promised some more images, but I had a personal issue and didn't have the time anymore this evening. I'll try to put them tomorrow evening.

chzel

05 May 2015, 23:20

Redmaus wrote: Ooh, congrats! The big enter and small backspace would drive me mad but if you like it good for you :)
ANSI mod FTW! Original layout must be a torture!
derzemel wrote: Sorry everybody! I know I promised some more images, but I had a personal issue and didn't have the time anymore this evening. I'll try to put them tomorrow evening.
No rush! Take your time!

Bitsquid

06 May 2015, 00:12

Gratz! Looks lovely. I'm envious!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

06 May 2015, 16:16

XMIT wrote:
seebart wrote: Congrats on you nice AT derzemel! You are part of the family as long as you participate which you have been quite a bit recently. Yeah the plastic lets the badge appear golden on my XT also.

Not until someone gives you a hard time about your feet being in keyboard photos ...

... okay, now it's official. :lol:
Right no damn feet or shoes in any keyboard pics. This ain't GH. :D

Muirium
µ

07 May 2015, 01:49

GH will have come of age when people there say "Shoes? This ain't Reddit!"

webwit
Wild Duck

07 May 2015, 01:58

I need to update this old troll.

Redmaus
Gotta start somewhere

07 May 2015, 02:07

Whats it like typing on a datahand? It is really fast and efficient? Or is it just a meme?

webwit
Wild Duck

07 May 2015, 02:16

It's the real deal. All other keyboards are stupid. Buttons on a 2D plate. This is the original design of the typewriter, and it is still corrupting us. Like Qwerty is. Another one of my old memes: If a human sees a Datahand for the first time, he or she will considered it alien. If an alien sees the Datahand for the first time, it will consider it human. Look at it. Full reset, it's made for human hands.

EDIT: Update of the first two evolutionary steps isn't very hard. :twisted:

idollar
i$

07 May 2015, 04:02

That's a very good start !
I will be waiting for your photos.

derzemel

07 May 2015, 10:45

I know I promised some images here, but I discovered an issue with the keyboard:
- the keys 2,W,A,S,Z do not work (connected to PS/2 with a DIN-PS/2 cable)

I started a new thread in the Workshop section where I put more images with disassembly and cleaning

Return to “Gallery”