New gift from dad!!!

derzemel

07 Jul 2015, 11:42

Actually just half a gift (dad covered the shipping expenses :P )
Just a peek for now:

Just got her and she has Cherry MX Blacks.

Some caps are shiny (like the enter and space), but, because they are double shot, I have an idea how to un-shine them :D

I'll update with higher quality at the end of the week, or next week, but I was too impatient now.

I kind of like the contrast between the yellowed case, and the unyelowed keycaps and blue accents :mrgreen: :D
Last edited by derzemel on 07 Jul 2015, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

07 Jul 2015, 11:47

That's amazing! Looks like an Olivetti to me. And dyesub too. Your dad is great!

Muirium
µ

07 Jul 2015, 11:50

Nice PBT spacebar. Reminds me of my mellow yellow NMB space invader board:

http://deskthority.net/review-f45/nmb-r ... t8469.html

Evenly yellowed cases don't look bad at all so long as the caps remain white. Nice present!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

07 Jul 2015, 12:03

Nice caps, I love that blue. Always looks great. Congrats derzemel.

derzemel

07 Jul 2015, 12:04

scottc wrote: That's amazing! Looks like an Olivetti to me. And dyesub too. Your dad is great!
Yes, it's an Olivetti KBD 2812. The keycaps are double shots (I wished that they would have been dyesub :P)

In the weekend I'll take her apart to do a through cleaning and take plenty of pictures :D

photekq
Cherry Picker

07 Jul 2015, 12:22

:!:

Congrats! :mrgreen:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

07 Jul 2015, 13:21

Definitely a nice thing :mrgreen:

beltet

07 Jul 2015, 13:43

Wow! Nice present!

acolombo

07 Jul 2015, 15:39

Is that the one with the PS2 broken connector? Damn I wanted to buy it!

Prelim

07 Jul 2015, 20:37

nice grab! ;)

it sure looks like thick PBT dyesubs and not doubleshots, really strange. I'm looking for italian/portuguese Olivetti doubleshots for quite some time as well (I have a mint Olivetti KBD2812 but in portuguese dyesubs).

as for cleaning that caps, first of all try to soak them using dental tabs (2 for a keyset) for 3-5h, rinse and then do a retrobright session (however the % of H2O2) at least 48h straight, using UV at night and sun light during the day! hope it helps ;)

Return to “Gallery”