Montage Group, LTD. mixing console

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

19 Jul 2015, 12:30

Some weeks ago I bought a mixing console from ebay, because on the Pictures from the seller it was obvious that the console had Cherry MX clear switches inside. As nice extra on the top of the console it was mountet a Cherry G84 Keyboard.
Too bad that the mixing console and the keyboard arrived damaged by me.
The seller had given me a fair refund, so at the end I'm not angry about the seller, he was very professional.
First, sorry for the crappy images, but don't have professional camera.

Some impressions from the package as it arrived me.
Spoiler:
Pcb mountet Cherry MX clear switches.

The Cherry G84 keyboard is build in the mixing console and have a female connector.

On the mixing console wasn't any modelnumber only the manufacturer was branded.

I don't know which material are the keycaps, maybe ABS, but the keycaps doesn't have a shiny surface.
Also the used printing technik is hard for my to identify, the symbols are a bit blurred and it isn't possible to feel the symbol.

Some pictures from the inside of the mixing console.
Spoiler:
The pcb from the switches, all keys are connected in one long row.

I unsoldered the switches.
Spoiler:
Also I soldered on the Cherry G84 Keyboard a male ps2 plug to use it. It works fine except the spacebar, the spacebar wooble a bit because the plastic stabilizers are broken on the shipping.
Test with my old laptop because I can't find my ps2 converter.

Muirium
µ

19 Jul 2015, 12:35

Your camera's fine. The lighting is the crappy part. Open up the curtains!

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

19 Jul 2015, 12:45

That's one hell of a piece of hardware. :shock: Not that I have any knowledge about mixing consoles. Yeah you're pictures are "uneven" in lighting. Looks like you're flashing too which does not make things easier. Everything is clearly visible though, so it's OK.

chzel

19 Jul 2015, 12:57

Yeap, built in flash!
Mu is right, get some natural light!
Beautiful thing!

terrycherry

21 Jul 2015, 12:41

What am amazing hardware!
Use the LED lighter would be great. Take photos with the smartphone is the advice, not the old camera.

Return to “Gallery”