Keycap and wrist-rest

JotaCe

21 Aug 2014, 21:25

Hi!

Just wanted to sahre some pictures of my DIY wrist-rest and my new novelty keycap.
Despite being a little tall, it feels very comfortable when typing. I might do another one to use at work.
Wrist-rest
Wrist-rest
Foto-2.jpg (230.77 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Foto-7.jpg
Foto-7.jpg (222.29 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Since my grandfather had some wood parts lying around, I also made this nice stand for my headphones aka the duck stand! :duck: The "head" is actually a leg from an old piece of furniture.
Duck stand
Duck stand
Foto-8.jpg (207.16 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
And here's the keycap. PBT with UV prints. Looks quite nice :D
Keycap
Keycap
Foto-1.jpg (117.11 KiB) Viewed 2287 times
Bonus "assembly" pic:
"Watch out Carl! That beauty came straight from Japan, you don't want to put a dent on it!"
At work
At work
At work.jpg (144.66 KiB) Viewed 2287 times

ne0phyte
Toast.

21 Aug 2014, 21:39

Nice pictures! I really don't like using wrist rests as I have the keyboard pretty far away from the edge and I rest my arms/elbows on the table but that headphone stand looks nice!
The last pic is cute too :D

Muirium
µ

22 Aug 2014, 00:52

Pretty smart way to do a wrist rest, actually. I've been thinking of something like that, but in reverse, as an iPad stand / document holder.

And yes, the pictures are great. That last one is tempting to use as a DT banner, but you'd probably need to recompose the scene in more of a straight line to fit within the box.

JotaCe

22 Aug 2014, 10:20

Muirium wrote: Pretty smart way to do a wrist rest, actually. I've been thinking of something like that, but in reverse, as an iPad stand / document holder.
I saw a picture online and decided to try it. Works great!
Muirium wrote: And yes, the pictures are great. That last one is tempting to use as a DT banner, but you'd probably need to recompose the scene in more of a straight line to fit within the box.
Thanks! During the weekend I'll probably do another version for the banner.

DanielT
Un petit village gaulois d'Armorique…

22 Aug 2014, 11:25

Really cool picture :D

noesc

22 Aug 2014, 12:23

Very nice ideas and implementations! And the headphones are not crap ;) (I've got the little brother DT 770 PRO 80 OHM)

Great job and inspirational!

beltet

22 Aug 2014, 22:38

What keyboard is that?

JotaCe

23 Aug 2014, 01:35

KBT Pure Pro ISO UK with MX Reds.

beltet

23 Aug 2014, 05:52

JotaCe wrote: KBT Pure Pro ISO UK with MX Reds.
OK. Nice

Return to “Gallery”